• fergoosee
    12274 posts Has That Special Something
    fergoosee wrote: »
    El_Nino wrote: »
    heard mcginn was great again tonight @Hibee must be buzzing

Unreal, 100% will move to a top team in the next few years. Anyone that thinks otherwise is clearly wrong or a deluded Celtic fan and just jealous they missed out.

Hibee will love this post but I’ve agreed with him for sometime now. The boys a player and has found a real level of consistency which he lacked at Hibs and does in a Scotland shirt but that will come.

He’s had two good games in a proper league, could easily be another Aaron Mooy.

Difference is I’ve watched him more times than you’ve watched Aaron Mooy.

On your bike xx

Yeah you’ve watched him more in your league. As I stated he’s had two good games in a proper league, far less than Aaron Mooy managed.

He’s got some way to go before he can even be compared to Aaron Mooy...

I’ve watched him in every league he’s played in wee man.

Like I says on yer bike.

‘Wee man’ ‘on yer bike’
    Your such a child 😂 rather than have an adult conversation you state that you’ve watched him play in a vastly inferior league more than I have, well great, that’s almost meaningless now he’s in the prem but cool.

You come across as someone impossible to have an actual conversation with, more suited to play-ground level bickering.

hes always so childish. needs to grow up

Beautiful, I love it.

knew you would wee man
  • cmm_1991
    2107 posts Fans' Favourite
    Sykesy wrote: »
    cmm_1991 wrote: »
    Square go at hame time. Behind the bike shed.

Sounds more like a gang bang behind the bike shed

That what you do at all boy schools?

Nah most square gos either happened on the spot , at the buses or at the chippie, don't even think we had a bike shed
  • Sykesy
    4456 posts National Call-Up
    Square go at hame time. Behind the bike shed.

Sounds more like a gang bang behind the bike shed

That what you do at all boy schools?

Nah most square gos either happened on the spot , at the buses or at the chippie, don't even think we had a bike shed

I fought my way through many a people to make sure my pizza crunch was fresh from the chippie 😂
  • El_Nino
    3154 posts National Call-Up

Unreal, 100% will move to a top team in the next few years. Anyone that thinks otherwise is clearly wrong or a deluded Celtic fan and just jealous they missed out.

Hibee will love this post but I’ve agreed with him for sometime now. The boys a player and has found a real level of consistency which he lacked at Hibs and does in a Scotland shirt but that will come.

On your bike xx

Yeah you’ve watched him more in your league. As I stated he’s had two good games in a proper league, far less than Aaron Mooy managed.

Like I says on yer bike.

‘Wee man’ ‘on yer bike’
    Your such a child 😂 rather than have an adult conversation you state that you’ve watched him play in a vastly inferior league more than I have, well great, that’s almost meaningless now he’s in the prem but cool.

You come across as someone impossible to have an actual conversation with, more suited to play-ground level bickering.

I’m taking the ****, I couldn’t give a toss what you think. You’ve named yourself after Torres that says it all.

I don’t think seeing someone play in another league is meaningless. That’s like saying watching Ronaldo play in Spain is now meaningless now he plays in Italy or watching De Jong play in Holland is now meaningless cause he plays in Spain.

If I’ve watched more of a player then surely I’m going to know more about that player than you? Just like if you watched someone else more than me then you’re going to know more about them are you or am I wrong? Simple logic.

The Ronaldo comparison is an awful one, if Ronaldo did well in the championship then I wouldn’t rate him from that... same way I won’t rate McGinn for his time in the Championship/SPL as neither can compare to the prem.

Can’t see what my forum name has to
    Do with anything, I guess standard childish attempt at an insult.
  • Sykesy
    4456 posts National Call-Up

On your bike xx

Like I says on yer bike.

‘Wee man’ ‘on yer bike’

I’m taking the ****, I couldn’t give a toss what you think. You’ve named yourself after Torres that says it all.

I don’t think seeing someone play in another league is meaningless. That’s like saying watching Ronaldo play in Spain is now meaningless now he plays in Italy or watching De Jong play in Holland is now meaningless cause he plays in Spain.

If I’ve watched more of a player then surely I’m going to know more about that player than you? Just like if you watched someone else more than me then you’re going to know more about them are you or am I wrong? Simple logic.

The Ronaldo comparison is an awful one, if Ronaldo did well in the championship then I wouldn’t rate him from that... same way I won’t rate McGinn for his time in the Championship/SPL as neither can compare to the prem.

Could you not get a belter of El Niño at least? No photo screams laziness. Says a lot about a person. If we’re going to be frauds be a proper fraud. No half measures please
  • xGeorgeSmithx
    5694 posts Big Money Move

On your bike xx

Like I says on yer bike.

‘Wee man’ ‘on yer bike’

It isn’t at all, it’s going by your logic that if someone moves leagues their time there becomes meaningless. That’s surely applies for anyone? You can’t just have it for select players surely that only fits your agenda?

One rule for all not one rule for who you want.
  • El_Nino

On your bike xx

Like I says on yer bike.

‘Wee man’ ‘on yer bike’

It isn’t at all, it’s going by your logic that if someone moves leagues their time there becomes meaningless. That’s surely applies for anyone? You can’t just have it for select players surely that only fits your agenda?

Christ how hard is it to explain?
    Going from La liga to Serie A isn’t the same buts it’s a similar standard, therefore it’s worth taking note of how the player performed in each.

Going from SPL to the Prem is absolutely worlds apart, hence why his time in the SPL means incredibly little.

Scott Sinclair looked like a class player in the SPL for Christ sake, Mcginns form there doesn’t mean a lot to if he’ll succeed at a high level club.
  • fergoosee
    pukki looked pish in spl now tearing up the prem. scottish league far superior
  • xGeorgeSmithx
    edited August 26

On your bike xx

Like I says on yer bike.

‘Wee man’ ‘on yer bike’

Going from La liga to Serie A isn’t the same buts it’s a similar standard, therefore it’s worth taking note of how the player performed in each.

Going from SPL to the Prem is absolutely worlds apart, hence why his time in the SPL means incredibly little.

Scott Sinclair looked like a class player in the SPL for Christ sake, Mcginns form there doesn’t mean a lot to if he’ll succeed at a high level club.

Well let’s add,

Van Dijk
    Robertson
    Wanyama

All players to move from up here to the premier league and two are arguably the best centre back and left back in the world. Therefore your logic is meaningless, you’re taking a certain group of players rather than a whole to compare. You’re using the ones that fit your agenda and not the ones that don’t.

Tierney will smash the league as well with Arsenal.
  • fergoosee

On your bike xx

Like I says on yer bike.

‘Wee man’ ‘on yer bike’

Well let’s add,

Van Dijk
    Robertson
    Wanyama

All players to move from up here to the premier league and two are arguably the best centre back and left back in the world. Therefore your logic is meaningless, you’re taking a certain group of players rather than a whole to compare. You’re using the ones that fit your agenda and not the ones that don’t.

what about armstrong, russell, goodwillie etc
  • xGeorgeSmithx

On your bike xx

Like I says on yer bike.

‘Wee man’ ‘on yer bike’

Well let’s add,

Van Dijk
    Robertson
    Wanyama

Armstrong is doing alright nothing amazing nothing bad. He does his job when he plays!

Russell never played in the premier league and Goodwillie never got a chance.
  • fergoosee

On your bike xx

Like I says on yer bike.

‘Wee man’ ‘on yer bike’

Well let’s add,

Van Dijk
    Robertson
    Wanyama

Armstrong is doing alright nothing amazing nothing bad. He does his job when he plays!

Russell never played in the premier league and Goodwillie never got a chance.

was just listing ex utd superstars then ran out. thought russell played prem at derby but obv not
  • fergoosee
    any shock call ups tomorrow?

hearing grant hanley getting a return
  • fergoosee
    jack in apparently. should be starting
  • Bhoy
    1866 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited August 26

Deserves to be called up but 6th choice midfielder imo.

Also not a fan of Grant Hanley. Most unnatural footballer ever. Looks like he has to put in all the effort he’s got just to not fall over the ball.
  • PintOfMagennis
    4452 posts National Call-Up
    Bhoy wrote: »

Also not a fan of Grant Hanley. Most unnatural footballer ever. Looks like he has to put in all the effort he’s got just to not fall over the ball.

mental hes literally the captain of a premier league team
  • Bhoy
    1866 posts Play-Off Hero

mental hes literally the captain of a premier league team

Even more mental he was our first choice centre half for about half a decade.
  • fergoosee

who would you play as a defensive midfielder instead? only really him there imo. mctominay and mcginn are far more box to box. maybe we wont play a defensive midfielder though
  • El_Nino

On your bike xx

Like I says on yer bike.

‘Wee man’ ‘on yer bike’

Well let’s add,

Van Dijk
    Robertson
    Wanyama

Good god your difficult. I’m not trying to say no decent players ever came from SPL, I’m saying it’s a lottery, you can’t possible judge a player of there performance in the SPL when talking about them being signed by top teams around the world.

Jamie Vardy came from non league football, that doesn’t mean ever lad bagging a hatrick at Sunday league level should be talked about as the next big thing.

Until McGinn consistently proves himself at a high level saying a top team has to come in for him is ridiculous.
  • fergoosee

On your bike xx

Like I says on yer bike.

‘Wee man’ ‘on yer bike’

Well let’s add,

Van Dijk
    Robertson
    Wanyama

Good god your difficult. I’m not trying to say no decent players ever came from SPL, I’m saying it’s a lottery, you can’t possible judge a player of there performance in the SPL when talking about them being signed by top teams around the world.

Jamie Vardy came from non league football, that doesn’t mean ever lad bagging a hatrick at Sunday league level should be talked about as the next big thing.

Until McGinn consistently proves himself at a high level saying a top team has to come in for him is ridiculous.

you can though. some players you can tell will go to the top. like moussa dembele...everyone knew he will go far
  • xGeorgeSmithx
    edited August 26

On your bike xx

Like I says on yer bike.

‘Wee man’ ‘on yer bike’

Well let’s add,

Van Dijk
    Robertson
    Wanyama

That’s what you did try and say. You tried to say that a players performance playing in a worse league than the one there in now is meaningless.

I haven’t claimed that every player is going to be the next big player because they aren’t. I didn’t say McGinn would be the next big player either, I says he will get a move to a big club in a few years once he’s proved himself in the premier league which makes your last point invalid because I’ve already says he has to prove himself.

You quite clearly don’t get it, how does a club sign a player from a worse league? Isn’t it because of their performances or am I completely wrong and they just pick a name out of a hat? The last time I checked I’m sure it was based on the players performances or because a young player had talent and they think he would be a good player at some point.

On your bike xx

Like I says on yer bike.

‘Wee man’ ‘on yer bike’

Well let’s add,

Van Dijk
    Robertson
    Wanyama

you can though. some players you can tell will go to the top. like moussa dembele...everyone knew he will go far

Exactly this, people see talent in players and that’s just a fact!
  • Bhoy
    1866 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited August 26

who would you play as a defensive midfielder instead? only really him there imo. mctominay and mcginn are far more box to box. maybe we wont play a defensive midfielder though

It’s a tough one. I’d probably go for Mctominay and McGinn with Christie playing as CAM but I also really don’t want to leave out McGregor or Armstrong.

I have a feeling Clarke will go for McLean again though.
  • fergoosee

It’s a tough one. I’d probably go for Mctominay and McGinn with Christie playing as CAM but I also really don’t want to leave out McGregor or Armstrong.

I have a feeling Clarke will go for McLean again though.

fair enough. plently energy in those players too which we'll need in these games. be a bit surprised if mclean starts
  • Hibee
    12027 posts Has That Special Something
    Absolutely wasting your time @xGeorgeSmithx. McGinn is so popular everywhere he plays that he will always get some folks that haven’t seen much of him and think he is overrated. They usually realise eventually that they were wrong and he is a top talent.
  • jamle1874
    6691 posts Big Money Move
    Rough from creamfields this isn’t he content you love to see

• El_Nino

On your bike xx

Like I says on yer bike.

‘Wee man’ ‘on yer bike’

Well let’s add,

Van Dijk
    Robertson
    Wanyama

That’s what you did try and say. You tried to say that a players performance playing in a worse league than the one there in now is meaningless.

I haven’t claimed that every player is going to be the next big player because they aren’t. I didn’t say McGinn would be the next big player either, I says he will get a move to a big club in a few years once he’s proved himself in the premier league which makes your last point invalid because I’ve already says he has to prove himself.

You quite clearly don’t get it, how does a club sign a player from a worse league? Isn’t it because of their performances or am I completely wrong and they just pick a name out of a hat? The last time I checked I’m sure it was based on the players performances or because a young player had talent and they think he would be a good player at some point.

On your bike xx

Like I says on yer bike.

‘Wee man’ ‘on yer bike’

Well let’s add,

Van Dijk
    Robertson
    Wanyama

It’s not that I’m saying he’s guaranteed to be bad, I’m saying it’s impossible to know he’ll be good based from his SPL days. Take Tierney, unless I’m mistaken, one of the best players in the SPL, for the biggest club, talked about by said club as if he’s the best LB in the world. And how much did Arsenal pay for him? 20-25mill? That’s pocket change, Aston Villa paid the same for Mings.

If someone playing great in the SPL was such a marker for how good they are why did Tierney go for so cheap? Because it’s a massive gamble. There’s no way to know he’ll be able to perform against decent opposition week in week out.
  • jamle1874

On your bike xx

Like I says on yer bike.

‘Wee man’ ‘on yer bike’

Well let’s add,

Van Dijk
    Robertson
    Wanyama

On your bike xx

Like I says on yer bike.

‘Wee man’ ‘on yer bike’

Well let’s add,

Van Dijk
    Robertson
    Wanyama

It’s not that I’m saying he’s guaranteed to be bad, I’m saying it’s impossible to know he’ll be good based from his SPL days. Take Tierney, unless I’m mistaken, one of the best players in the SPL, for the biggest club, talked about by said club as if he’s the best LB in the world. And how much did Arsenal pay for him? 20-25mill? That’s pocket change, Aston Villa paid the same for Mings.

If someone playing great in the SPL was such a marker for how good they are why did Tierney go for so cheap? Because it’s a massive gamble. There’s no way to know he’ll be able to perform against decent opposition week in week out.

He went for that cheap because Scottish clubs can’t turn money like that down.. its pocket change to a tourist league that cares more about corporate events that real football fans now away ye go and get ur phone out get a photo with an opposition manager and whilst you eat a 3 course meal and let us eat a steak pie and chuck the wrapper at Neil Lennons ginger dome in peace.

Btw McGinn is a player we’ve all seen him a lot more than you so I think we have a better idea than you.
  • Hibee

On your bike xx

Like I says on yer bike.

‘Wee man’ ‘on yer bike’

Well let’s add,

Van Dijk
    Robertson
    Wanyama

On your bike xx

Like I says on yer bike.

‘Wee man’ ‘on yer bike’

Well let’s add,

Van Dijk
    Robertson
    Wanyama

Well there are never any guarantees. We all thought Liam Miller would be a to player, but that didnt work out. Can only go by what you see though. Im a Hibs season ticket holder so pretty much saw all of McGinns games. Also watched many of Villa's games. Anyone that has any understanding of football can see he is a top talent.

Iv not read it all so not even really sure your problem with him. Have you somehow managed to catch a game where he played badly? (Im not even sure that exists),
  • Hibee
    jamle1874 wrote: »

On your bike xx

Like I says on yer bike.

‘Wee man’ ‘on yer bike’

Well let’s add,

Van Dijk
    Robertson
    Wanyama

On your bike xx

Like I says on yer bike.

‘Wee man’ ‘on yer bike’

Well let’s add,

Van Dijk
    Robertson
    Wanyama

He went for that cheap because Scottish clubs can’t turn money like that down.. its pocket change to a tourist league that cares more about corporate events that real football fans now away ye go and get ur phone out get a photo with an opposition manager and whilst you eat a 3 course meal and let us eat a steak pie and chuck the wrapper at Neil Lennons ginger dome in peace.

Btw McGinn is a player we’ve all seen him a lot more than you so I think we have a better idea than you.

The tourists leagues fans arrogance gets pretty old eh. Boy has probably never even been to an actual game.
  • jamle1874
    Hibee wrote: »
    jamle1874 wrote: »

On your bike xx

Like I says on yer bike.

‘Wee man’ ‘on yer bike’

Well let’s add,

Van Dijk
    Robertson
    Wanyama

On your bike xx

Like I says on yer bike.

‘Wee man’ ‘on yer bike’

Well let’s add,

Van Dijk
    Robertson
    Wanyama

The tourists leagues fans arrogance gets pretty old eh. Boy has probably never even been to an actual game.

Nail on head. Feels dirty actually sticking up for McGinn but like i say i can he's no at hibs now so i can admit he's good now.