SPFL/Scottish Lounge

Comments

• fergoosee
    12274 posts Has That Special Something
    Sykesy wrote: »
    Gary Hooper would send me into cardiac arrest. Stick big Victor into the bargain and I’ll be loving life

• Sykesy
    4456 posts National Call-Up
    No doubt Hooper wants it but I doubt Celtic would sign him, Board aren’t in the position for sentimental signings. Wage bill is horrific viewing as it is
  • SC1967
    10739 posts Has That Special Something
    Not sure about the Forster signing. If he can get anywhere close to the level he was at the first time around then it's a phenomenal signing. But he's barely played the last couple of years and the last few times I did see him play he was ropey as hell.
  • SC1967
    And we should be nowhere near Hooper.
  • Hibee
    12054 posts Has That Special Something
    Glad Celtic have signed a keeper. Was worried they might have bid for Marciano. Best keeper I have seen at Hibs since Leighton. Although we have had some shockers in that time.
  • fergoosee
    Hibee wrote: »
    Glad Celtic have signed a keeper. Was worried they might have bid for Marciano. Best keeper I have seen at Hibs since Leighton. Although we have had some shockers in that time.

dinny make it so obvious that your fishing :joy: might get a few bites right enough
  • PintOfMagennis
    4452 posts National Call-Up

Bachmann is still doing nothing at Watford while they still have foster and Gomes ... baffled they haven’t tried him either best keeper I’ve ever seen for us
  • Hibee
    fergoosee wrote: »

dinny make it so obvious that your fishing :joy: might get a few bites right enough

Lol, I was being (half) serious.
  • Hibee

Bachmann is still doing nothing at Watford while they still have foster and Gomes ... baffled they haven’t tried him either best keeper I’ve ever seen for us

Yeah was impressed by him.
  • Sykesy
    Keepers get better with age. Few games under his belt get the confidence up he’ll be sorted. More concerned about the lack of fullbacks at the club. Wonder what mental team he’s selecting the night.
  • PintOfMagennis
    4452 posts National Call-Up

Yeah was impressed by him.

Really should have a good chance at the no.1 jersey there in a few years when foster retires and gomes re retires
  • Sykesy
    Wanyama linked with a move to Brugge..... Why are we not attempting to get him back. Wanyama and McGregor playing CM would do nicely
  • fergoosee
    Wanyama linked with a move to Brugge..... Why are we not attempting to get him back. Wanyama and McGregor playing CM would do nicely

is mcgregor no a lb these days?
  • Sykesy

Could be RB later knowing Lennon
  • fergoosee

Could be RB later knowing Lennon

:joy:
  • fergoosee
    no sinclair @Sykesy
  • Sykesy
    Shved and Sinclair don’t even make the team. Wes Morgan selection again is baffling.

Scenes when we get pumped at home
  • fergoosee
    take a draw. didnt create enough chances to score
  • RfCxAmy
    5252 posts Big Money Move
    I’ll take that, get the job done back in a packed Ibrox.
  • NornIron
    11376 posts Has That Special Something
    Linfield 3-1 Qarabag it's on BBC sport app.
  • fergoosee
    NornIron wrote: »

wtf. have a northern irish team ever been to the group stages before?
  • NornIron

No they were 20-1 to win at home tonight, Qarabag are ranked above AC Milan :D
  • Sykesy
    What a free kick from the French wonderkid
  • fergoosee

thats insane lmao. will be tough to keep that lead next week if they hold onto it tonight but what an opportunity they have given themselves
  • NornIron

thats insane lmao. will be tough to keep that lead next week if they hold onto it tonight but what an opportunity they have given themselves

Ended 3-2 gave away a stupid pen with the last kick of the ball. They don't have much of a chance now.
  • fergoosee

Ended 3-2 gave away a stupid pen with the last kick of the ball. They don't have much of a chance now.

ye such a stupid pen to give away. cant see them making it through. some effort though
  • Sykesy
    Ajaer at RB has potential. With Jozo and Julien in the middle. Could we not just try this new right back at LB, Fraser Forster in goal I’d be happy with that back 5. Recruitments needed but heading into Hearts AIK away then Ibrox hardly wanting to change the backline too much.

Strolled it tonight. Could’ve and should’ve been more but tempo at times was much quicker and sharper. Referee was allowing too many fouls. They looked to slow the game down repetitively with fouling and got away with it all game. Happy enough with that performance.

Still think we need a big win v Hearts at the weekend to boost confidence but with Lennons team selections each game you just haven’t a clue. Lewis Morgan hasn’t done anything to warrant a strip let alone a game. He wouldn’t get a kick at anyone in the top 6 of the league.
  • SC1967
    Ajaer at RB has potential. With Jozo and Julien in the middle. Could we not just try this new right back at LB, Fraser Forster in goal I’d be happy with that back 5. Recruitments needed but heading into Hearts AIK away then Ibrox hardly wanting to change the backline too much.

Strolled it tonight. Could’ve and should’ve been more but tempo at times was much quicker and sharper. Referee was allowing too many fouls. They looked to slow the game down repetitively with fouling and got away with it all game. Happy enough with that performance.

Still think we need a big win v Hearts at the weekend to boost confidence but with Lennons team selections each game you just haven’t a clue. Lewis Morgan hasn’t done anything to warrant a strip let alone a game. He wouldn’t get a kick at anyone in the top 6 of the league.

Jozo is an accident waiting to happen and Ajer is our best CB. Has to be him and Jullien in the centre and let them build a relationship.

Would like a first choice RB and LB signed asap. Elhamed looks decent but would prefer him to be a backup.
  • SC1967
    Edouard different class again. What a player.

• Sykesy
    SC1967 wrote: »

Jozo is an accident waiting to happen and Ajer is our best CB. Has to be him and Jullien in the centre and let them build a relationship.

Would like a first choice RB and LB signed asap. Elhamed looks decent but would prefer him to be a backup.

Aye I’ll agree Ajaer looks a class above but next 3 games are crucial. Wouldn’t want new signings getting launched in away to AIK or Ibrox, Was meaning more short term. Longer term I’m praying we get new full backs signed asap.