SPFL/Scottish Lounge

Comments

• xGeorgeSmithx
    5693 posts Big Money Move
    Hibee wrote: »
    I see Fraser Fyvie has signed for Cove Rangers in League 2. Really cant get my head round what has happened to his career. Was a first choice Hibs player under Stubbs. Has Scottish and FA Cup winners medals. Only 26. And playing League 2. Bizarre.

Ruined by injury, he’s not the player you will remember. We released him and he had a trial at Dundee and never got anything.

Was hoping for your insight into it mate. A shame as he was a tidy player. Still, I guess Its not a bad career he has had anyway. Its fairly unique having FA Cup and Scottish Cup winners medals. Just checked and only 4 others have done it. Esteemed company as well. Want to take a guess without looking...

Injured his knees again, come back well rushed back which probably plays a massive part in never fully recovering from it. He was our best player at the time and if he never got injured the team would probably be built around him just now.

It’s sad really to see his career ruined by injuries and ultimately been mismanaged by Laszlo and rushed back.

Never seen a player so scared of a tackle than he is now, mentally blocked no doubt and scared to **** his knee again!
  • Hibee
    11848 posts Has That Special Something
    I see Fraser Fyvie has signed for Cove Rangers in League 2. Really cant get my head round what has happened to his career. Was a first choice Hibs player under Stubbs. Has Scottish and FA Cup winners medals. Only 26. And playing League 2. Bizarre.

Ruined by injury, he’s not the player you will remember. We released him and he had a trial at Dundee and never got anything.

Was hoping for your insight into it mate. A shame as he was a tidy player. Still, I guess Its not a bad career he has had anyway. Its fairly unique having FA Cup and Scottish Cup winners medals. Just checked and only 4 others have done it. Esteemed company as well. Want to take a guess without looking...

Injured his knees again, come back well rushed back which probably plays a massive part in never fully recovering from it. He was our best player at the time and if he never got injured the team would probably be built around him just now.

It’s sad really to see his career ruined by injuries and ultimately been mismanaged by Laszlo and rushed back.

Never seen a player so scared of a tackle than he is now, mentally blocked no doubt and scared to **** his knee again!

Knees going is a bad one. Can severely hamper you being able to walk comfortably later in life. Unfortunately he will likely be a target in that league and be kicked all over the park.
  • Hibee
    Young Celtic player Liam Morrison has signed for Bayern Munich. Some move for the lad that.
  • Bhoy
    1866 posts Play-Off Hero
    Actually there is another 2 names as well as Wigans FA Cup winning team also had 2 Celtic Scottish Cup winners in it. Never trust the internet!

Naw trying to be that **** but I was wondering myself and checked a few dozen names I thought might fit the criteria and came up with this.

Ronnie Simpson
    Kenny Dalglish
    Giovanni van bronkhorst
    Andrei Kanchelskis
    Gordon Strachan
    Shaun Maloney
    Gary Caldwell
    Paul Gascoigne
    Brian Mcclair
    Jim Leighton
  • Hibee
    Bhoy wrote: »
    Actually there is another 2 names as well as Wigans FA Cup winning team also had 2 Celtic Scottish Cup winners in it. Never trust the internet!

Naw trying to be that **** but I was wondering myself and checked a few dozen names I thought might fit the criteria and came up with this.

Ronnie Simpson
    Kenny Dalglish
    Giovanni van bronkhorst
    Andrei Kanchelskis
    Gordon Strachan
    Shaun Maloney
    Gary Caldwell
    Paul Gascoigne
    Brian Mcclair
    Jim Leighton

Add Martín Buchan and Dave Mackay to that list. List I saw didn’t have half those names on it :D
  • SC1967
    10726 posts Has That Special Something
    Young Celtic player Liam Morrison has signed for Bayern Munich. Some move for the lad that.

Typical. Looks like the first promising centre half we've developed in years and he's gone before we get a chance to see him play.
  • Hibee
    SC1967 wrote: »

Typical. Looks like the first promising centre half we've developed in years and he's gone before we get a chance to see him play.

I had never heard of him. Centre Half is a huge problem position for Scotland so hope he is good.
  • PintOfMagennis
    4449 posts National Call-Up
    Cosgrove linked to lazio ok then
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17211 posts World Class

25 million or no deal
  • PintOfMagennis
    4449 posts National Call-Up

25 million or no deal

Mate if lukakus worth 70 then surely you should hold out for double that?
  • jamle1874
    6685 posts Big Money Move
    Questionable choice for the league cup TV game
  • fergoosee
    12272 posts Has That Special Something
    jamle1874 wrote: »
    Questionable choice for the league cup TV game

why?
  • jamle1874
    6685 posts Big Money Move
    Livi on a plastic park or Aberdeen Hearts at a full Tynie I know what I’d rather showcase
  • fergoosee
    jamle1874 wrote: »
    Livi on a plastic park or Aberdeen Hearts at a full Tynie I know what I’d rather showcase

more about how many viewers they can get and an old firm team away from home is the obvious choice. dont know why they arent showing 2 games though
  • Sykesy
    4455 posts National Call-Up
    Only showing one game is the issue but thinks it cause their all played on the same night are they not? Be licence legislations of some kind to not show at same time knowing them
  • Bhoy
    1866 posts Play-Off Hero
    Sykesy wrote: »
    Only showing one game is the issue but thinks it cause their all played on the same night are they not? Be licence legislations of some kind to not show at same time knowing them

SPFL set the dates from 24-26 September so they had the option to show up to 3.
  • Sykesy
    Bhoy wrote: »

SPFL set the dates from 24-26 September so they had the option to show up to 3.

Can understand why people are a bit confused then. Clubs have asked that certain home games don’t get shown as it effects ticket sales but doubt any will be spare for Hearts game at least.
  • Sykesy
    Rumours around Celtic aren’t looking good. I get people make stuff up and never believe everything you read but if anyone’s seen the messages regarding the players and Lennon it’s quite easy to believe.

No tactics and a team talk of get intae them sounds exactly like him
  • fergoosee
    Rumours around Celtic aren’t looking good. I get people make stuff up and never believe everything you read but if anyone’s seen the messages regarding the players and Lennon it’s quite easy to believe.

No tactics and a team talk of get intae them sounds exactly like him

what was it?
  • Sykesy
    ThenotoriousMCW posted screenshots of someone claiming to know some patter. I’m still clueless on how you post stuff from my phone otherwise I’d add it 😂

• fergoosee
    ThenotoriousMCW posted screenshots of someone claiming to know some patter. I’m still clueless on how you post stuff from my phone otherwise I’d add it 😂

just copy and paste the link
  • fergoosee
    sounds legit. no way brown liking that post was an accident
  • Sykesy
    It all sounds mental until you see the clips of the players not even acknowledging Lennon at full time. Zero interest from anyone when he’s giving instructions. Then as stated his team talks will be brutal. Dinosaur tactics and screaming at players. Foreign boys will be sat clueless to what he’s even saying half the time. I got slated for wanting Moyes. Doesn’t sound a bad shout. Next 2 weeks are massive for Celtic. AIK will not be a stroll so he better hope he heads to Ibrox next week with confident victories and a happy squad.
  • fergoosee
    It all sounds mental until you see the clips of the players not even acknowledging Lennon at full time. Zero interest from anyone when he’s giving instructions. Then as stated his team talks will be brutal. Dinosaur tactics and screaming at players. Foreign boys will be sat clueless to what he’s even saying half the time. I got slated for wanting Moyes. Doesn’t sound a bad shout. Next 2 weeks are massive for Celtic. AIK will not be a stroll so he better hope he heads to Ibrox next week with confident victories and a happy squad.

yous are getting pumped at ibrox and lennon will be sacked the next day
  • Hibee
    Well Lennon had Kamberi with his bags packed and wanting to leave. Also heard rumours that McGeouch would have stayed had Lennon not been in charge. And remember what the West Brom manager said about never sending players to Lennon again. Got disaster written all over it. Especially with Rangers looking in good shape.
  • MarioMonk
    1787 posts Play-Off Hero
    Thats mental if true. Lennon does seem like the kind of guy where its his way or no way.
    Although this could be alot of rubbish and just speculation.
  • Sykesy
    fergoosee wrote: »

I’ll reserve judgement and see how we look against AIK and Hearts. Massive couple weeks ahead. Come out on top and leagues over.
  • fergoosee

I’ll reserve judgement and see how we look against AIK and Hearts. Massive couple weeks ahead. Come out on top and leagues over.

pumped off both and stick brown in as caretaker player/manager
  • Sykesy

pumped off both and stick brown in as caretaker player/manager

You’ve got some imagination on you fs 😂 Settle yourself. Lennon says there working on 3/4 signings so hopefully we’ll get the team strengthened and back to normal service.