• Hibee
    11857 posts Has That Special Something
    jamle1874 wrote: »
    Old firm getting the two weakest teams left 👀

Shock eh.
  • Hibee
    These draws aren’t even funny anymore

Tough draw for us. Will both fancy our chances, don’t expect there will be much in it.
  • RfCxAmy
    5249 posts Big Money Move
    Another plastic pitch... lovely
  • PintOfMagennis
    4450 posts National Call-Up
    Hibee wrote: »
    These draws aren’t even funny anymore

Tough draw for us. Will both fancy our chances, don’t expect there will be much in it.

Yeah mate it’s a month away anyway so time for both teams to sort themselves out , like you say better draw for both teams than what could’ve been
  • Hibee
    I see Fraser Fyvie has signed for Cove Rangers in League 2. Really cant get my head round what has happened to his career. Was a first choice Hibs player under Stubbs. Has Scottish and FA Cup winners medals. Only 26. And playing League 2. Bizarre.
  • fergoosee
    12273 posts Has That Special Something
    edited August 19
    I see Fraser Fyvie has signed for Cove Rangers in League 2. Really cant get my head round what has happened to his career. Was a first choice Hibs player under Stubbs. Has Scottish and FA Cup winners medals. Only 26. And playing League 2. Bizarre.

arent cove paying good wages to players? will move up the leagues. not sure how far though
  • Hibee
    fergoosee wrote: »

arent cove paying good wages to players? will move up the leagues. not sure how far though

Yeah I believe they are. All the same, League 2 not really the place for a 26 year old with his background. I know plenty signed for Rangers in that league but that is still signing for a huge club.
  • PintOfMagennis

Yeah I believe they are. All the same, League 2 not really the place for a 26 year old with his background. I know plenty signed for Rangers in that league but that is still signing for a huge club.

Quite excited to see coves journey , Fyvie is a crazy massive signing for them if fit he’ll surely walk that league with slippers on
  • Hibee

Quite excited to see coves journey , Fyvie is a crazy massive signing for them if fit he’ll surely walk that league with slippers on

He should do. He is not flashy or really a match winner, but does all the simple things very easily. Will also be interested how Cove do this year. Aberdeen might actually get a local derby soon!
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17212 posts World Class
    edited August 19
    Fyvie won’t last long on that pitch
  • TheGreenMachine88
    39 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited August 19
    Hibs stumbled over the line today. Should have won easily but 2 own goals, bit of a freak really.

One big positive for us is Scott Allan looking excellent again. I can’t get my head around how he couldn’t even get on Celtics bench. Baffling.

He’s just not good enough.Didnt show it when he played for us at all,even when he was loaned out he failed to impress.It was a pointless signing really,iirc it was just so rangers couldn’t buy him.

Not sure how you could know that when he wasn’t even making the bench. Don’t think he put on a Celtic strip since before his second spell at us.

And your basically saying he didn’t impress when on loan at Hibs? Trust me, from someone that actually goes to games, that’s nonsense.

Anyway glad it didn’t work out as he is the type of player you pay to go see. We don’t have many of them this season!

He did actually get the chance with us in his first season,albeit usually as a sub.I remember one game where he played well,but that was about it.He then was loaned out to an English league 1 team and never even made the team.Then he was loaned out to Dundee where he didn’t really make an impact.Never played at all last season,why?He simply wasn’t better than Christie,Mcregor or ntcham.

Not saying he’s not a decent player just not better than what we have,he’s an above average, mid table premiership player, so it’s obvious why he’s standing out at hibs.
  • Hibee
    Hibs stumbled over the line today. Should have won easily but 2 own goals, bit of a freak really.

One big positive for us is Scott Allan looking excellent again. I can’t get my head around how he couldn’t even get on Celtics bench. Baffling.

He’s just not good enough.Didnt show it when he played for us at all,even when he was loaned out he failed to impress.It was a pointless signing really,iirc it was just so rangers couldn’t buy him.

Not sure how you could know that when he wasn’t even making the bench. Don’t think he put on a Celtic strip since before his second spell at us.

And your basically saying he didn’t impress when on loan at Hibs? Trust me, from someone that actually goes to games, that’s nonsense.

Anyway glad it didn’t work out as he is the type of player you pay to go see. We don’t have many of them this season!

He did actually get the chance with us in his first season,albeit usually as a sub.I remember one game where he played well,but that was about it.He then was loaned out to an English league 1 team and never even made the team.Then he was loaned out to Dundee where he didn’t really make an impact.Never played at all last season,why?He simply wasn’t better than Christie,Mcregor or ntcham.

Not saying he’s not a decent player just not better than what we have,he’s an above average mid table premiership player so it’s obvious why he’s standing out at hibs

Have to be honest, it just seems like Hibs and Allan suit each other. That just happens sometimes. But I wasn't saying he would get in the starting line up at Celtic, I'm just surprised he couldn't get a place on the bench. Our gain though, great seeing him back in the original shade of green. Going by his early season form he will get a Scotland cap this year. Way better than an above average mid table player, but I do expect that kind of arrogance from some Celtic fans (he would get a game for Hibs, Aberdeen, Hearts and Killie imo)
  • TheGreenMachine88

Not saying he’s not a decent player just not better than what we have,he’s an above average mid table premiership player so it’s obvious why he’s standing out at hibs

Have to be honest, it just seems like Hibs and Allan suit each other. That just happens sometimes. But I wasn't saying he would get in the starting line up at Celtic, I'm just surprised he couldn't get a place on the bench. Our gain though, great seeing him back in the original shade of green. Going by his early season form he will get a Scotland cap this year. Way better than an above average mid table player, but I do expect that kind of arrogance from some Celtic fans (he would get a game for Hibs, Aberdeen, Hearts and Killie imo)

Wasn’t arrogance ,just honesty.You said how you were baffled that he couldn’t get on our bench,based on what exactly?His assist against rangers or his goal against Morton?

Anyway I’m sure you’ll keep us posted on every 15 yard through ball he completes to show how very wrong Celtic were for not putting him on the bench.
  • Hibee

Wasn’t arrogance ,just honesty.You said how you were baffled that he couldn’t get on our bench,based on what exactly?His assist against rangers or his goal against Morton?

Anyway I’m sure you’ll keep us posted on every 15 yard through ball he completes to show how very wrong Celtic were for not putting him on the bench.

In the last 3 games he has 2 goals and 3 assists. Not bad going.

Keep you posted on every 15 yard pass? When have I even posted about Allan before? Odd thing to say. Would you rather no one posted on here about Scottish football and made this page even more dead than it is already?? No wonder I'm on here less and less.
  • TheGreenMachine88
    edited August 19

In the last 3 games he has 2 goals and 3 assists. Not bad going.

Keep you posted on every 15 yard pass? When have I even posted about Allan before? Odd thing to say. Would you rather no one posted on here about Scottish football and made this page even more dead than it is already?? No wonder I'm on here less and less.

Realised the last bit came off wrong,so my bad.

It was a more of a dig/joke at you bringing up every movement of McGinn to show how wrong Celtic were.

Didn’t mean to make you feel like you shouldn’t post anything,I actual enjoy reading other non Celtic fans posts as opposed to reading some drivel on kds and on p&b.

You wrote my 2nd post off as arrogance when it was just opinion.Well see if I’m wrong about him throughout the season (preparing for the goal against Celtic already).Cant see him being consistent but I’ll admit to being wrong before so I’ll keep this for the end of the season ;)
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17212 posts World Class
    Keep us posted eh @Hibee
  • Hibee
    I actually hardly ever big up Hibs players, as few deserve that. I would big up McGinn as thought he was top talent. So far proven correct. Only other one I can think of was a discussion or 2 with @Sykesy where I thought Hanlon was better than Ambrose. I admitted I was wrong there. Way wrong! Other than that I can’t think of anyone.

When you say middle of the league I think of the likes of St Johnstone, Motherwell etc. I would class Allan as a top 6 player.
  • Hibee
    Keep us posted eh @Hibee

Haha, only if you keep me posted on Ojo’s bookings mate :D
  • Hibee
    Just reading about the young Hearts fan and his mum getting attacked by Motherwell fans. Can believe how cowardly that is. Imagine attacking someone who is at the game with his Mum! Absolute cowards.
  • PintOfMagennis
    Just reading about the young Hearts fan and his mum getting attacked by Motherwell fans. Can believe how cowardly that is. Imagine attacking someone who is at the game with his Mum! Absolute cowards.

attacking someone at a game full stop is pathetic behaviour tbh, hope they're ok
  • Hibee

attacking someone at a game full stop is pathetic behaviour tbh, hope they're ok

True. But for some reason attacking a young fan and his mum just sticks out as way worse to me.
  • PintOfMagennis

True. But for some reason attacking a young fan and his mum just sticks out as way worse to me.

yeah of course it is mate but just can't understand why fuds go to games with the intention of causing harm to others, all supports have them its just wrong
  • Hibee

yeah of course it is mate but just can't understand why fuds go to games with the intention of causing harm to others, all supports have them its just wrong

I kinda get the casual scene. A fair few of my mates are 'kent faces' from back in the day. And they generally fought their own. I'm with you though, getting caught up in scraps ruins my day. I'm too vain to get a scarred face :D
  • PintOfMagennis

I kinda get the casual scene. A fair few of my mates are 'kent faces' from back in the day. And they generally fought their own. I'm with you though, getting caught up in scraps ruins my day. I'm too vain to get a scarred face :D

It’s petty as ****, go to the games have a few pints or whatever and enjoy yourself :D patch risking you someone you care about getting hospitalised over meaningless scraps. Fully saying this as I know I’d get done in :D :D
  • Sykesy
    4456 posts National Call-Up
    Efe Ambrose <3
  • Hibee
    Sykesy wrote: »
    Efe Ambrose <3

Aye he was a cracking player in fairness. Held my hands up with that one though.
  • xGeorgeSmithx
    5693 posts Big Money Move

Ruined by injury, he’s not the player you will remember. We released him and he had a trial at Dundee and never got anything.
  • Hibee

Ruined by injury, he’s not the player you will remember. We released him and he had a trial at Dundee and never got anything.

Was hoping for your insight into it mate. A shame as he was a tidy player. Still, I guess Its not a bad career he has had anyway. Its fairly unique having FA Cup and Scottish Cup winners medals. Just checked and only 4 others have done it. Esteemed company as well. Want to take a guess without looking...
  • Hibee
    Actually there is another 2 names as well as Wigans FA Cup winning team also had 2 Celtic Scottish Cup winners in it. Never trust the internet!