SPFL/Scottish Lounge

Comments

• Hibee
    12409 posts Has That Special Something
    fergoosee wrote: »
    Hibee wrote: »
    what about aguero then? he has a better goal per min i think. is he a better str? wasnt on your original list

He should have been on my list. Yeah I would rate Aguero over both. I'm not even a huge fan of Henry (far preferred Bergkamp). Just think he was way better than Drogba. Drogba only managed over 20 league goals in a season twice in his career. Just don't think he was as great as some think.

drogba was just the opposite of henry. henry bottled the big games while scored a lot. drogba loved a goal in a big game but just scored an avg amount of goals

Will go through it one more time.

World Cup Winner
    European Championships winner
    Champions League Winner
    Countless domestic medals
    Ballon d'Or runner up
    2 x EPL Player of the year
    Arsenal All Time top goalscorer

Dude, if you think thats the honours of a bottler then fair enough. Think I have wasted enough brain cells on this.
  • fergoosee
    12318 posts Has That Special Something
    edited July 2019
    what about aguero then? he has a better goal per min i think. is he a better str? wasnt on your original list

He should have been on my list. Yeah I would rate Aguero over both. I'm not even a huge fan of Henry (far preferred Bergkamp). Just think he was way better than Drogba. Drogba only managed over 20 league goals in a season twice in his career. Just don't think he was as great as some think.

drogba was just the opposite of henry. henry bottled the big games while scored a lot. drogba loved a goal in a big game but just scored an avg amount of goals

World Cup Winner
    Champions League Winner
    Ballon d'Or runner up

Dude, if you think thats the honours of a bottler then fair enough. Think I have wasted enough brain cells on this.

france woulda won the wc and euros without him. not like he carried them or was one of the star players. same with his champions league win. bottled the champions league when his team replied on him
  • Hibee

World Cup Winner
    Champions League Winner
    Ballon d'Or runner up

france woulda won the wc and euros without him. not like he carried them or was one of the star players. same with his champions league win. bottled the champions league when his team replied on him

Are you talking about the Arsenal v Barca final? The game when Lehmann got sent off in the first half, meaning Arsenal played against a superior Barca team with only 10 men for most of the game? My memory is Henry playing upfront on his own all game. How on earth did he bottle it here? I'm honestly curious, do you class a striker not scoring as bottling it!?

I seriously doubt you have even seen this game lol.
  • cmm_1991
    2136 posts Fans' Favourite
    Henry is better than drogba, not even an argument
  • Hibee
    cmm_1991 wrote: »
    Henry is better than drogba, not even an argument

Im actually laughing at myself for discussing it so much. :D Clearly a quiet day at work!
  • TakeItSlow
    9360 posts League Winner

World Cup Winner
    Champions League Winner
    Ballon d'Or runner up

From “he never won his teams a final”

To “they would’ve won the finals without him anyway”

Please stop Fungoooose.
  • Hibee
    TakeItSlow wrote: »

World Cup Winner
    Champions League Winner
    Ballon d'Or runner up

Please stop Fungoooose.

Oi don't confuse him. Im still waiting on him explaining how he bottled that Champions League final :D

One of the most memorable finals I can remember due to Larsson coming on and totally changing the game. Was nice from a Scottish point of view as we had heard so often that he was 'only playing in Scotland'.
  • fergoosee

World Cup Winner
    Champions League Winner
    Ballon d'Or runner up

Please stop Fungoooose.

Oi don't confuse him. Im still waiting on him explaining how he bottled that Champions League final :D

One of the most memorable finals I can remember due to Larsson coming on and totally changing the game. Was nice from a Scottish point of view as we had heard so often that he was 'only playing in Scotland'.

bottled it because yet again failed to score in a big game. had plenty chances. you'd think a player as good as he was would be able to take at least 1. missed a 1 on 1
  • Hibee

World Cup Winner
    Champions League Winner
    Ballon d'Or runner up

Please stop Fungoooose.

bottled it because yet again failed to score in a big game. had plenty chances. you'd think a player as good as he was would be able to take at least 1. missed a 1 on 1

You just quickly watched the highlights of that game for the first time pal? :D:D
  • fergoosee

World Cup Winner
    Champions League Winner
    Ballon d'Or runner up

Please stop Fungoooose.

You just quickly watched the highlights of that game for the first time pal? :D:D

watched it live. used my time machine
  • Hibee

World Cup Winner
    Champions League Winner
    Ballon d'Or runner up

Please stop Fungoooose.

If you had watched Henry live at all during his peak you would know what a great player he was. Drogba a top player as well, Henry just in a different league (imo). I don't undertstand the need to put down one player so much in order to help your argument on another.
  • fergoosee

World Cup Winner
    Champions League Winner
    Ballon d'Or runner up

Please stop Fungoooose.

If you had watched Henry live at all during his peak you would know what a great player he was. Drogba a top player as well, Henry just in a different league (imo). I don't undertstand the need to put down one player so much in order to help your argument on another.

ye he was. just like the bottler narrative
  • Hibee

World Cup Winner
    Champions League Winner
    Ballon d'Or runner up

Please stop Fungoooose.

Ach Van Basten p*sses all over them both anyway!
  • fergoosee

World Cup Winner
    Champions League Winner
    Ballon d'Or runner up

Please stop Fungoooose.

Ach Van Basten p*sses all over them both anyway!

that cripple was before my time im afraid
  • SC1967
    10739 posts Has That Special Something
    Wtf is going on? :joy:

Henry is the best striker in EPL history. Closely followed by Shearer, Bergkamp and Aguero, imo.

I'd have Van Persie ahead of Drogba as well. Albeit that's up for debate.
  • SC1967
    10739 posts Has That Special Something
    Oh and don't even go there with Larsson and Boyd...
  • fergoosee
    SC1967 wrote: »
    Wtf is going on? :joy:

Henry is the best striker in EPL history. Closely followed by Shearer, Bergkamp and Aguero, imo.

I'd have Van Persie ahead of Drogba as well. Albeit that's up for debate.

no ruud?
  • MarioMonk
    1983 posts Fans' Favourite
    @fergoosee :lol: class bud
  • Samaras9
    243 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Wee Fergus gets a 10/10 from me, Never seen so many notifications 😂

Drogba announced ❤️
  • Hibee
    Well I will be giving that Drogba a miss :D
  • fergoosee

he will be a monster on fifa tbf
  • Hibee

Aye he will be that.
  • MarioMonk
    1983 posts Fans' Favourite

Wouldnt be so sure. This year I went for a big solid team. When really nimble dribblers seem to work better for me.
  • fergoosee

they just waiting coz hes injured. no point paying him if hes injured. save a bit of cash
  • fergoosee
    MarioMonk wrote: »

Wouldnt be so sure. This year I went for a big solid team. When really nimble dribblers seem to work better for me.

crossing op
  • Samaras9
    243 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Drogba up top. Kaka in the free role and bring the pace with 2 wide CAM’s. Foamin
  • fergoosee
    Samaras9 wrote: »
    Drogba up top. Kaka in the free role and bring the pace with 2 wide CAM’s. Foamin

get pirlo as a wide cam
  • TakeItSlow
    9360 posts League Winner
    Pepe Drogba link, hook me up.
  • Ashy
    11124 posts Has That Special Something
    Is Tierney coming or what?