SPFL/Scottish Lounge

Comments

• PintOfMagennis
    4455 posts National Call-Up
    Connahs quay still being level with partizan makes me sad , what could have been
  • fergoosee
    12323 posts Has That Special Something
    poor result for aberdeen but could be worse
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17270 posts World Class
    This team are pish. Might be worse than RoPS
  • SC1967
    10739 posts Has That Special Something
    fergoosee wrote: »
    poor result for aberdeen but could be worse

Aye should really be beating them.
  • fergoosee
    good goal from aribo
  • Salty P3anut
    10840 posts Has That Special Something
    good goal from aribo

Hopefully the creative midfielder we desperately lacked last season
  • fergoosee
    good goal from aribo

Hopefully the creative midfielder we desperately lacked last season

hope so. already got a few goals to his name as well which we were crying out for
  • Donovan86
    2674 posts Fans' Favourite
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Samaras9 wrote: »
    So, like I said. Bid would be made this weekend...

SADLY. Today it has supposedly been rejected. You Celtic lot holding firm jesus. That's from Herald Scotland. We will likely revisit this deeper in the window.

You says it would be done? Full of nonsenses.

Wasn't expecting it to be rejected tbh.

So you didn’t know the ins and outs of the deal and how close it was to being completed.

You were only saying the obvious with the bid and getting carried away with your own personal feelings towards the player (which you obviously like and wanted) by saying it would be done (your hope).

A good old friend of mines taught us all in here to deal only on facts, we miss him dearly. Next time lad, deal in facts especially when it comes to a player of a Scottish club that their fans will know more about than you.

Partially correct.

It was more that many sources, mainly Scottish ones were saying the 3rd bid gets it. When I heard of the third bid going in I just put two and two together.

This one isn't over, Scottish sun who have been spot on with things are saying differently this morning.

My feeling is we're going to go balls deep for Zaha this week and then wait on sales to secure Tierney late in the window maybe even deadline day.

Stay off the glue ma man

You've given us your price, all we have to do is match it now, doesn't matter when that happens.

We won’t sell Tierney at transfer deadline day unless you offer way over and above the 25m stated. You can’t even afford to get Tierney just now so I’d say your chances are slim to none. Unlucky 😂

Can't afford to get Tierney yet bidding £65M + Nelson for Zaha.

Living in a dream world. No need to be so toxic either.

Toxic? Has that been your aim the entire time? I haven’t even attempted to be toxic so stop being so sensitive.

You cannot afford to pay 25m upfront hence why use have been told to bolt 3 times. It’s as simple as that. I’ll be surprised if you even get Zaha. You bidded yet? Paying off Zaha for next 5 seasons at this rate.

You need to get it into your head that its how transfers work mate :joy:

The De Ligt deal to Juve is 75m euro over 5 seasons, 5 instalments. Our Saliba deal is over 6 years in 6 instalments. Its simply how transfers work.

You will not be getting 25m directly up front for Tierney in any situation. It'll be at the most £15M up front and £10M next year.

Earlier you said 23m with add ons now 15. Clueless wonder.

Oh my gosh. :joy:

YES. 23m with 2m add ons. The first payment being £15M this season which would be the first instalment. How can you not understand that? Or are you trolling?

De Ligt went for 75m euro, this summer juventus will be paying Ajax 15m euro as its done in instalments. All the brain power of a 5 year old.

The levels of toxicity in that post is staggering. I am deeply offended and hurt. I’ll be reporting you to EA officials with time stamps and all.

If you believe Celtic will accept 10-15m as a first instalment your deluded. No matter when they offer or how they offer. It’ll be rejected instantly

Celtic have a net profit of £25M since 2010. You think they won't take £15M up front and £10m the season after?Guaranteed cash that won't be spent.

You're an incredibly clever individual and I will now be leaving this conversation.

😂😂 Arsenal logic

Arsenal pay £27m for 18 year-old defender William Saliba from St Etienne, who will be loaned back to the Ligue I club next season; yet won’t pay £25m for the more experienced Kieran Tierney.
  • PintOfMagennis
    4455 posts National Call-Up
    See partizan only beat connahs by a goal as well , good team that nomads
  • fergoosee
    ojo. unreal player
  • Salty P3anut
    10840 posts Has That Special Something
    Tav missed penalty get him to Newcastle :D
  • fergoosee
    no idea how that only finisher 2-0. awful scoreline
  • arsenalap
    8405 posts League Winner
    Donovan86 wrote: »

SADLY. Today it has supposedly been rejected. You Celtic lot holding firm jesus. That's from Herald Scotland. We will likely revisit this deeper in the window.

So you didn’t know the ins and outs of the deal and how close it was to being completed.

You were only saying the obvious with the bid and getting carried away with your own personal feelings towards the player (which you obviously like and wanted) by saying it would be done (your hope).

A good old friend of mines taught us all in here to deal only on facts, we miss him dearly. Next time lad, deal in facts especially when it comes to a player of a Scottish club that their fans will know more about than you.

Partially correct.

It was more that many sources, mainly Scottish ones were saying the 3rd bid gets it. When I heard of the third bid going in I just put two and two together.

This one isn't over, Scottish sun who have been spot on with things are saying differently this morning.

My feeling is we're going to go balls deep for Zaha this week and then wait on sales to secure Tierney late in the window maybe even deadline day.

Stay off the glue ma man

You've given us your price, all we have to do is match it now, doesn't matter when that happens.

We won’t sell Tierney at transfer deadline day unless you offer way over and above the 25m stated. You can’t even afford to get Tierney just now so I’d say your chances are slim to none. Unlucky 😂

Toxic? Has that been your aim the entire time? I haven’t even attempted to be toxic so stop being so sensitive.

You cannot afford to pay 25m upfront hence why use have been told to bolt 3 times. It’s as simple as that. I’ll be surprised if you even get Zaha. You bidded yet? Paying off Zaha for next 5 seasons at this rate.

The De Ligt deal to Juve is 75m euro over 5 seasons, 5 instalments. Our Saliba deal is over 6 years in 6 instalments. Its simply how transfers work.

You will not be getting 25m directly up front for Tierney in any situation. It'll be at the most £15M up front and £10M next year.

YES. 23m with 2m add ons. The first payment being £15M this season which would be the first instalment. How can you not understand that? Or are you trolling?

De Ligt went for 75m euro, this summer juventus will be paying Ajax 15m euro as its done in instalments. All the brain power of a 5 year old.

The levels of toxicity in that post is staggering. I am deeply offended and hurt. I’ll be reporting you to EA officials with time stamps and all.

If you believe Celtic will accept 10-15m as a first instalment your deluded. No matter when they offer or how they offer. It’ll be rejected instantly

Celtic have a net profit of £25M since 2010. You think they won't take £15M up front and £10m the season after?Guaranteed cash that won't be spent.

You're an incredibly clever individual and I will now be leaving this conversation.

😂😂 Arsenal logic

Arsenal pay £27m for 18 year-old defender William Saliba from St Etienne, who will be loaned back to the Ligue I club next season; yet won’t pay £25m for the more experienced Kieran Tierney.

Mate why don't you read up on things before you post... you've literally just given the worst example possible.

Saliba is paid for in installments, this year's being about 7m, then a few payments over a few years totalling the 27m.
  • Donovan86
    arsenalap wrote: »

Partially correct.

Stay off the glue ma man

😂😂 Arsenal logic

Mate why don't you read up on things before you post... you've literally just given the worst example possible.

Saliba is paid for in installments, this year's being about 7m, then a few payments over a few years totalling the 27m.

Still, no need to buy a player and loan them back out 😂😂 pointless
  • fergoosee

Partially correct.

Stay off the glue ma man

😂😂 Arsenal logic

did yous no do that with lewis morgan?
  • arsenalap
    8405 posts League Winner

Partially correct.

Stay off the glue ma man

😂😂 Arsenal logic

Again.. read.

Loaning him back to them was a non negotiable clause in the deal. Both his old club and Saliba requested it.

If we could have him this season we could, we tried to do a deal without the loan but wasnt happening.

Besides hes 18, another year at another club wouldn't hurt, not to mention he probably would want another year at home before moving for good. It was wise for him to ask for it tbh, he wants to play all season which is wise.
  • Donovan86

Partially correct.

Stay off the glue ma man

😂😂 Arsenal logic

Think he played a handful of games before he went on loan, I could be wrong.
    But it’s still pointless regardless who does it.

If Arsenal wanted teirney that bad they could have got him
    Instead of spend money on someone and loaning him out
  • MarioMonk
    1986 posts Fans' Favourite
    SC1967 wrote: »
    controversial signing for celtic today. wonder how that will go down with their fans

What's controversial about it?

coz you announced him as a rb but hes not a rb. look at the comments. everyone kicking off :joy:

He'll be the backup right back/centre half.

Just need a proper right back in soon.

isnt he the proper rb?

Lenny has said we’re in talks with another RB. Think this guy’s going to be there for cover.

Hope so anyway.

any rumours? saw danny simpson isnt getting a deal. a little surprised as he looked like he could be good and on a free

Some rumours that we're after Silvan Widmer. Swiss RB at Basel.

Would be chuffed with that tbh.

Why?

Partially correct.

Stay off the glue ma man

😂😂 Arsenal logic

Hardly pointless. Making an agreement to sign someone and loan them out for more experience. What would you have them do? Not commit and lose out on him?
    As has been said its part of the conditions.

Mind numbing.
  • arsenalap
    8405 posts League Winner

Partially correct.

Stay off the glue ma man

😂😂 Arsenal logic

Dont get me wrong, I have no idea what were doing with Tierney. Its ❤️❤️❤️❤️ me off how we're faffing over 5m, it's a joke.

I can only imagine they are actually concerned about his injury problems, some some of the add ons may be appearance based which Celtic dont like.

Or, we are very confident that he'll sign but as hes currently injured we dont mind waiting till the end of the window to save wage costs of about 500k.
  • MarioMonk
    1986 posts Fans' Favourite
    MarioMonk wrote: »
    controversial signing for celtic today. wonder how that will go down with their fans

What's controversial about it?

coz you announced him as a rb but hes not a rb. look at the comments. everyone kicking off :joy:

He'll be the backup right back/centre half.

Just need a proper right back in soon.

isnt he the proper rb?

Lenny has said we’re in talks with another RB. Think this guy’s going to be there for cover.

Hope so anyway.

any rumours? saw danny simpson isnt getting a deal. a little surprised as he looked like he could be good and on a free

Some rumours that we're after Silvan Widmer. Swiss RB at Basel.

Would be chuffed with that tbh.

Why?

Seen him play a few times for Udinese. He's a good player.

Far better than our current right back options.

Fair enough. Just seen he has played a fair amount for them.
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17270 posts World Class
    btw Funso Ojo could match Shinnie's booking records this season by the looks of tonight
  • fergoosee
    btw Funso Ojo could match Shinnie's booking records this season by the looks of tonight

he didny get booked tonight?
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17270 posts World Class

he didny get booked tonight?

He did, early in the first half
  • Samaras9
    243 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Everton hijacking the Zaha deal. Would be superb for Arsenal to miss out on another signing.
  • Hibee
    12409 posts Has That Special Something

How did he look? Hoping he is brutal of course!
  • TakeItSlow
    9360 posts League Winner
    Everton hijacking the Zaha deal. Would be superb for Arsenal to miss out on another signing.

Tierney deal is apparently back on, Zaha stuff is being leaked. Everton don’t want him.
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17270 posts World Class
    edited July 2019
    Hibee wrote: »

How did he look? Hoping he is brutal of course!

Very calm on the ball, gave away the pen but I still think it was harsh, and was involved in some crunching tackles

Looks like he'll drop back and spread play which we've needed since mclean left
  • Samaras9

Tierney deal is apparently back on, Zaha stuff is being leaked. Everton don’t want him.

Heard the deal was never off. More to do with the fact Arsenal are refusing to pay the 2m add ons up front, Surely the easiest way is just pay the money and get it done. Makes no sense to leave it lingering on for weeks upon weeks
  • TakeItSlow
    9360 posts League Winner

Heard the deal was never off. More to do with the fact Arsenal are refusing to pay the 2m add ons up front, Surely the easiest way is just pay the money and get it done. Makes no sense to leave it lingering on for weeks upon weeks

It’s a very weird one. £20M + 5M add ons is seemingly what it’s going to take, I think it will get done, the way Lenny is talking does speak volumes.

It helps that the Scottish window is open for another 3 weeks after the English one closes. So Celtic can still buy replacements from anywhere,
  • Samaras9

It’s a very weird one. £20M + 5M add ons is seemingly what it’s going to take, I think it will get done, the way Lenny is talking does speak volumes.

It helps that the Scottish window is open for another 3 weeks after the English one closes. So Celtic can still buy replacements from anywhere,

So as it seems Celtic want 22m upfront and 3m add ons. I don’t see that as a bad deal or expectation.

Trust me after one season you’ll be raving about how much of a bargain you have got, He’s a top player and will only get better in a higher standard of league. I’ll be gutted to see the wee man go but as proven before we’re a selling club and to get 25m for an academy graduate is top business. Enjoy him when it happens. I’ll still be keeping Man Utd as my English club though 😂