SPFL/Scottish Lounge

Comments

• NornIron
    11435 posts Has That Special Something
    edited July 18
    That has to be a Scottish teams worst result in European history surely the manager can't stay? All the Irish league teams beat them Welsh teams by at least 2 goals.
  • SC1967
    10739 posts Has That Special Something
    Hibee wrote: »
    That’s a shocker. Possibly Scotland’s worse ever European defeat?

Surely Rangers v Progres is worse? And that’s not me trolling, Rangers fans.
  • Bhoy
    1866 posts Play-Off Hero
    One and a half seasons of Clarke’s hard work grinding out results game after game and Alessio’s undone it in two games.
  • fergoosee
    12274 posts Has That Special Something
    SC1967 wrote: »

yes it is
  • cmm_1991
    2111 posts Fans' Favourite

Didn't Celtic lose against some gibralting team
  • NornIron
    edited July 18

Not a chance, Progres went through against Cork, Cork are professional and would wipe the floor with any N.irish or Welsh team. And the Welsh league is like the lower half of the N.irish league.
  • Hibee
    12066 posts Has That Special Something

I’m not sure. Both are shockers. Do we perhaps have to start the season earlier. Something isn’t working. Hearts got put out by a Maltese team a cpl of seasons ago as well. We should be hammering these teams.
  • Hibee
    NornIron wrote: »
    That has to be a Scottish teams worst result in European history surely the manager can't stay? All the Irish league teams beat them Welsh teams by at least 2 goals.

New manager just in the door. Hasn’t even had time to put his own team together. Way to early for him to go I think. Has a great pedigree. Could just be a freak result. I didn’t see the game so have no idea what went on there.
  • PintOfMagennis
    4452 posts National Call-Up

New manager just in the door. Hasn’t even had time to put his own team together. Way to early for him to go I think. Has a great pedigree. Could just be a freak result. I didn’t see the game so have no idea what went on there.

I’d honestly fancy someone with very little football knowledge to be able to defend a 2 goal advantage against welsh opposition
  • fergoosee

I’m not sure. Both are shockers. Do we perhaps have to start the season earlier. Something isn’t working. Hearts got put out by a Maltese team a cpl of seasons ago as well. We should be hammering these teams.

the welsh league starts after ours so cant use that excuse
  • Hibee

I’d honestly fancy someone with very little football knowledge to be able to defend a 2 goal advantage against welsh opposition

Your boss has spent most of his career in Italy. The masters of defending. Irony mate eh :D
  • Hibee
    fergoosee wrote: »

Oh I’m not. Just thinking of ways we can stop these results happening.
  • SC1967
    cmm_1991 wrote: »

Didn't Celtic lose against some gibralting team

Then pumped them in the home leg.

I’m talking about the tie as a whole.
  • fergoosee
    fergoosee wrote: »

Oh I’m not. Just thinking of ways we can stop these results happening.

who knows the answer to that. are they prepared enough? do they underestimate their opponents? are the players fit and ready to go?
  • NornIron
    Cliftonville beat Barry town 4-0 in the last round but could have been at least 7. Tonight they got beat 5-1 with some mid table Norwegian team. TNS are decent the rest are shocking.
  • SC1967

Not sure what the solution is, but when the season starts is no excuse.

Should have been a walk in the park for Killie. Ross County beat that mob 3-1 a few months ago.
  • PintOfMagennis

Not sure what the solution is, but when the season starts is no excuse.

Should have been a walk in the park for Killie. Ross County beat that mob 3-1 a few months ago.

I’d be raging at throwing a 2-1 away lead to partizan never mind this mob , unforgivable for a lot of fans and he’s a mountain to climb from here
  • jamle1874
    6691 posts Big Money Move

They were a cracking side
  • jocksaltire_67
    582 posts An Exciting Prospect
    jamle1874 wrote: »

:joy:
  • Hibee

:D Thought you might have brought up Malmo. They actually were a cracking side though. Emil Forsberg ripped us a new one in that game.
  • xGeorgeSmithx
    5695 posts Big Money Move
    A rough result that, embarrassing Scottish football.

Just to think they struggled to beat teams in our lowest division last season, a rough season ahead for Killie.

Gotta feel for they fans that booked the next round away.
  • Antparry92
    17691 posts World Class

Not a chance, Progres went through against Cork, Cork are professional and would wipe the floor with any N.irish or Welsh team. And the Welsh league is like the lower half of the N.irish league.

I highly doubt it pal. Yes Barry Town got pumped the other week, but they’ve let two go out to the FL and lost their striker getting recalled from his loan. The Welsh league on the whole is improving a LOT, and TNS and The Nomads are technically the only two two full time professional teams in the league
  • jamle1874

:D Thought you might have brought up Malmo. They actually were a cracking side though. Emil Forsberg ripped us a new one in that game.

Na Malmo were actually decent even tho it was a pumping
  • jamle1874
    The video of Gordon sawyers from last night is too funny canny stop watching it 😂
  • TakeItSlow
    7334 posts Big Money Move
    Third Tierney bid coming over the weekend, should be done by next Friday.
  • zl Gshock
    2444 posts Fans' Favourite
    TakeItSlow wrote: »

Spurs are stealing him. Keep up.
  • PintOfMagennis
    The video of Gordon sawyers from last night is too funny canny stop watching it 😂

Baldy basterd
  • TakeItSlow
    7334 posts Big Money Move
    zl Gshock wrote: »

Just like they did with Saliba.
  • zl Gshock
    2444 posts Fans' Favourite
    zl Gshock wrote: »

Just like they did with Saliba.

I'm ITK pal.
  • Donovan86
    2674 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited July 19

You still here talking ****
    Jog on ya fanny back to your tourist league thread