SPFL/Scottish Lounge

Comments

• fergoosee
    12275 posts Has That Special Something
    Hibee wrote: »
    Looks like shinnie will be signing for derby. Good signing for him and he has been brilliant for us. Will miss him but I think theres a chance it actually improves us as mad as it sounds (depending on if mcinnes gets it right in the summer)

good move for him

Said on Twitter that if we sign mcgeough or similar in the summer and stick Ferguson in the shinnie role I think we'll improve as a team

surely sunderland aren't looking to get rid already, not kept tabs on him tbf don't know how much hes played

Dont think hes getting any game time, saw a clip a few months back of him training on his own so not sure what's happening eith him

was developing into a tidy wee player at hibs as well, perhaps maybe shouldn't have left

He was excellent in his last season at Hibs. But helped hugely by having McGinn and Scott Allan in the midfield by him.

Villa fans have totally fallen in love with McGinn. Knew he would do well down there. Their fans are already worried about losing him. He will be at a top 4 English club in the next few years.

would be mental if he went to a top 4 team
  • xGeorgeSmithx
    5696 posts Big Money Move
    Looks like shinnie will be signing for derby. Good signing for him and he has been brilliant for us. Will miss him but I think theres a chance it actually improves us as mad as it sounds (depending on if mcinnes gets it right in the summer)

good move for him

Said on Twitter that if we sign mcgeough or similar in the summer and stick Ferguson in the shinnie role I think we'll improve as a team

surely sunderland aren't looking to get rid already, not kept tabs on him tbf don't know how much hes played

Dont think hes getting any game time, saw a clip a few months back of him training on his own so not sure what's happening eith him

was developing into a tidy wee player at hibs as well, perhaps maybe shouldn't have left

He was excellent in his last season at Hibs. But helped hugely by having McGinn and Scott Allan in the midfield by him.

Villa fans have totally fallen in love with McGinn. Knew he would do well down there. Their fans are already worried about losing him. He will be at a top 4 English club in the next few years.

Get him in the Spurs team, his energy would suit Liverpool most out of the big teams plus Klopps already shown he will take a risk on a player!
  • fergoosee

good move for him

Get him in the Spurs team, his energy would suit Liverpool most out of the big teams plus Klopps already shown he will take a risk on a player!

get him at man utd. imagine him n mctominay bossing it for one of the biggest clubs in england
  • PintOfMagennis
    4452 posts National Call-Up
    edited April 11
    fergoosee wrote: »

good move for him

get him at man utd. imagine him n mctominay bossing it for one of the biggest clubs in england

One of them would still be benched for Scotland
  • Hibee
    12168 posts Has That Special Something

good move for him

I could honestly see it. Villa 1-0 down and down to 10 men midweek. McGinn completely dominated the second half and the won 2-1. Their manager said he thought there was 2 McGinns on the pitch.

I don’t think he would look out of place in Man Utd’s midfield.
  • fergoosee

good move for him

I could honestly see it. Villa 1-0 down and down to 10 men midweek. McGinn completely dominated the second half and the won 2-1. Their manager said he thought there was 2 McGinns on the pitch.

would have thought he would go to a midtable prem team 1st to see how he gets on in the top league. would be great for scotland if he could make a name for himself at one of the big clubs
  • Hibee

good move for him

I think if Villa go up he will stay for a season unless they can’t knock back a bid. I’ve watched loads of their games and he normally looks the best player on the pitch. Won’t be going unnoticed.
  • Hibee

good move for him

would have thought he would go to a midtable prem team 1st to see how he gets on in the top league. would be great for scotland if he could make a name for himself at one of the big clubs

I think if Villa go up they will be that mid table team.

You should type his name in Twitter, see what the Villa fans said about him after the game this week. I think they love him more that Hibs fans did!
  • fergoosee

good move for him

I think if Villa go up they will be that mid table team.

You should type his name in Twitter, see what the Villa fans said about him after the game this week. I think they love him more that Hibs fans did!

ye i always seem to see little clips of him and the comments are praising him. seems to be a hit so far but it is the championship
  • SC1967
    10739 posts Has That Special Something
    Think McGinn would be a good signing for a West Ham or Bournemouth.
  • PintOfMagennis
    SC1967 wrote: »
    Think McGinn would be a good signing for a West Ham or Bournemouth.

If villa don’t go up absolutely , if they do it’s a bit of a sidestep but who knows when those clubs throw money around like they do
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17253 posts World Class
    Mad that shinnie used to dominate McGinn aswell
  • MarioMonk
    1804 posts Play-Off Hero
    McGinns a very good player. Top 4 class? Not a chance.
  • SC1967
    MarioMonk wrote: »

Yep. Nowhere near that level.
  • Hibee
    Mad that shinnie used to dominate McGinn aswell

Didn’t happen :D
  • Hibee

We will see. Celtic fans used to say he wouldn’t get in their team lol.
  • Sykesy
    4457 posts National Call-Up

Massive leap Celtic to Man Utd tbf. Just admit you got a wee bit carried away ma man 😂
  • SC1967
    edited April 12

I still wouldn’t have him in our starting XI every week.

The Championship is almost as overrated as the Premier League. Waghorn looks good in that league. Craig Bryson was a first team player for Derby for years. Ross McCormack was a 20 goals a season striker.

The standard isn’t very good.
  • Hibee
    Sykesy wrote: »

Massive leap Celtic to Man Utd tbf. Just admit you got a wee bit carried away ma man 😂

Nah mate, I can honestly see it. I didnt say right now, but in a few years. His next move will be to either a mid table team (Leicester likely), or he will be playing for Villa in the Premier.

Have a look at Villa's fans forum. They absolutely love him. Loads compare him to James Milner.

We will see. But he is a far far better player than loads up here realised.
  • Hibee
    SC1967 wrote: »

I still wouldn’t have him in our starting XI every week.

The Championship is almost as overrated as the Premier League. Waghorn looks good in that league. Craig Bryson was a first team player for Derby for years. Ross McCormack was a 20 goals a season striker.

The standard isn’t very good.

Bonkers mate. If he had signed for Celtic he would be your favourite player.

Take 2 mins out to have a wee look at Villa fans view of him: https://www.villatalk.com/topic/17837-john-mcginn/

• Hibee
    Not just myself that rates McGinn so high, this is from their fans forum. I don't think the whole of Hibs and Villa's supports are deluded. Fact is when you watch this guy every week you see how good he is.

Posted Monday at 18:24
    On 08/04/2019 at 10:46, lapal_fan said:
    At the same age, McGinn is better than Milner was.

Let's hope McGinn has a similar looking career at the end of it!

He's b*****y close, not sure he's quite there yet. Milner went to City at 24. He wouldn't look out of place if you went and dropped him in Man Utd's midfield tomorrow though.

Very similar attitude and style of play as Jimmy, definitely a top PL player in waiting. McGinn has more of a burst of acceleration on him than Milner ever did as well.

There is not a weakness in his game that he can target.
  • PintOfMagennis
    Not just myself that rates McGinn so high, this is from their fans forum. I don't think the whole of Hibs and Villa's supports are deluded. Fact is when you watch this guy every week you see how good he is.

He's b*****y close, not sure he's quite there yet. Milner went to City at 24. He wouldn't look out of place if you went and dropped him in Man Utd's midfield tomorrow though.

Very similar attitude and style of play as Jimmy, definitely a top PL player in waiting. McGinn has more of a burst of acceleration on him than Milner ever did as well.

Thought the same about mulumbu , you could easily see why the lad had a prolonged career in the premier league, at the other end of the spectrum somehow Alan power is even better yet spent his career with Lincoln, funny old game
  • Hibee
    edited April 12

Thought the same about mulumbu , you could easily see why the lad had a prolonged career in the premier league, at the other end of the spectrum somehow Alan power is even better yet spent his career with Lincoln, funny old game

Yeah its difficult to truly appreciate a player if you are only seeing highlights or the odd live game. I also think we have a habit of talking down or players and league. The general feeling I got with McGinn is that well he is just at Hibs so cant be that good. So its nice to see another set of fans say exactly the same as we were.
  • Sykesy
    You’re forgetting Hibs fans and Villa fans support him so they will build him up

Rangers fans love Morelos and if I search a forum I’m sure there will be plenty saying the same and so on for every club.

I’m not doubting he will play in the prem or get a move. Just maybe not quite top 4. Especially his position, They tend to pay big bucks to foreign clubs for them parts of the park.

• Hibee
    You’re forgetting Hibs fans and Villa fans support him so they will build him up

Rangers fans love Morelos and if I search a forum I’m sure there will be plenty saying the same and so on for every club.

I’m not doubting he will play in the prem or get a move. Just maybe not quite top 4. Especially his position, They tend to pay big bucks to foreign clubs for them parts of the park.

I don't see Hibs or Villa fans talk about other players in the way? Villa have Jack Grealish in their team, who Spurs apparently bid 25M for. Yet its McGinn who they are all talking about.

Like I say, I think over the next couple of years he will either be at Villa in the Premier or move to a Leicester or Everton type team. But box to box players with as much energy as him are hard to come by. He is also adding goals to his game and looks to be getting better all the time.
  • Sykesy

I don't see Hibs or Villa fans talk about other players in the way? Villa have Jack Grealish in their team, who Spurs apparently bid 25M for. Yet its McGinn who they are all talking about.

Like I say, I think over the next couple of years he will either be at Villa in the Premier or move to a Leicester or Everton type team. But box to box players with as much energy as him are hard to come by. He is also adding goals to his game and looks to be getting better all the time.

Villa fans never shut up about Jack Grealish. I’m not disputing he’s doing well. Just won’t be seeing him playing top 4.
  • Hibee

Villa fans never shut up about Jack Grealish. I’m not disputing he’s doing well. Just won’t be seeing him playing top 4.

From what I have seen he looks like a better player than McTominay who is getting a game at Man U. We also have Robertson getting a game at Liverpool. Its not as far fetched as you seem to think.

Anyway, I will be interested to see how he does in the Premier. I think the amount of hype around him due to his play style will surprise a few on here.
  • Sykesy

From what I have seen he looks like a better player than McTominay who is getting a game at Man U. We also have Robertson getting a game at Liverpool. Its not as far fetched as you seem to think.

Anyway, I will be interested to see how he does in the Premier. I think the amount of hype around him due to his play style will surprise a few on here.

Better than McTominay who’s come through the ranks at Manchester United and stood out enough to get into Jose Mourinhos side?
    You mental 😂
  • Hibee

Better than McTominay who’s come through the ranks at Manchester United and stood out enough to get into Jose Mourinhos side?
    You mental 😂

Only basing it on the limited games I have seen of him. Looks a good player, but I would have McGinn in team first.
  • Hibee
    Celtic fans still in the hump because they missed out on a future legend B)