Davie Moyes campaign starts now

God no.
  • Sykesy
    4454 posts National Call-Up
    SC1967 wrote: »
    Sykesy wrote: »

God no.

Tell me who then? You offer a lot of negativity. Feed me some positive choices. Within our reach?
  • SC1967
    10725 posts Has That Special Something

Not even a booking.

Absolutely laughable.
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17210 posts World Class
    Jokanovic would be good for Celtic
  • SC1967

God no.

Tell me who then? You offer a lot of negativity. Feed me some positive choices. Within our reach?

There’s got to be managers around the continent we can attract who will do a good job. I’m not in charge of finding him, the board should be competent and abimitious enough to see what’s out there.

Why do you want Moyes? Never played exciting football. His stock has fallen so low because he’s failed in a few jobs. Wouldn’t go near him.
  • SC1967
    Jokanovic would be good for Celtic

Good shout. I’d much rather have him than Moyes.
  • NornIron
    11104 posts Has That Special Something
  • Sykesy

God no.

There’s got to be managers around the continent we can attract who will do a good job. I’m not in charge of finding him, the board should be competent and abimitious enough to see what’s out there.

Why do you want Moyes? Never played exciting football. His stock has fallen so low because he’s failed in a few jobs. Wouldn’t go near him.

Cop out comment. It’s not my job but I’ll offer my opinion since you ask.

Moyes to me was a sacrificial lamb to Man Utd. Missed out in the first transfer window leaving him stuck with a squad. He then got punted without being given time. He then takes on nightmare jobs and actually doesn’t do as bad as media suggests. West Ham again hard times but I thought he done well.

He knows the Scottish game and knows Celtic. Knows what to expect and what to bring in. Much better than a punt at someone who has a fancy name with no clue of the Scottish game.

• RfCxAmy
    5248 posts Big Money Move
    Didn’t watch the second half but Celtic sure know how to score late winners
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17210 posts World Class
    Halliday sent off after the whistle too.
  • SC1967

God no.

Moyes to me was a sacrificial lamb to Man Utd. Missed out in the first transfer window leaving him stuck with a squad. He then got punted without being given time. He then takes on nightmare jobs and actually doesn’t do as bad as media suggests. West Ham again hard times but I thought he done well.

He knows the Scottish game and knows Celtic. Knows what to expect and what to bring in. Much better than a punt at someone who has a fancy name with no clue of the Scottish game.

Does Moyes know the Scottish game? He hasn’t played or managed up here for 25 years.

This obsession with “it has to be a Celtic man” or “they have to know the Scottish game” is ridiculous. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. Just like managers from anywhere.

Wim Jansen knew nothing about Scottish football. He did alright. Deila knew nothing about it, he was pish.

Tony Mowbray was a Celtic man. He was a disaster. Lenny (first spell) was a Celtic man. He did well.

Knowing the game up here is a nonsense ‘requirement’. A good manager is a good manager.

• xGeorgeSmithx
    5692 posts Big Money Move
    Needed an Icon to do Blanc’s SBC so took a gamble on that Mid Icon SBC.

Utter gash, Pires walks out thinking he’s top notch. Submitted within seconds.

Mon the Davie Moyes xx
  • SC1967
    Gerrard :joy:

Greeting because Brown hasn’t been sent off. Get a grip. Sent off for what?
  • fergoosee
    12269 posts Has That Special Something
    hopefully sign kent. what a legend
  • fergoosee

he should have tbf
  • SC1967
    fergoosee wrote: »

he should have tbf

For what, celebrating? Having a wee bite at Morelos’ ankles?

It’s up to Rangers players to be smart and mature enough not to react.
  • fergoosee

he should have tbf

For what, celebrating? Having a wee bite at Morelos’ ankles?

It’s up to Rangers players to be smart and mature enough not to react.

ye
  • Keith
    2382 posts Moderator
    Morelos is such an spanner :lol:
  • Sykesy

God no.

Does Moyes know the Scottish game? He hasn’t played or managed up here for 25 years.

This obsession with “it has to be a Celtic man” or “they have to know the Scottish game” is ridiculous. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. Just like managers from anywhere.

Wim Jansen knew nothing about Scottish football. He did alright. Deila knew nothing about it, he was pish.

Tony Mowbray was a Celtic man. He was a disaster. Lenny (first spell) was a Celtic man. He did well.

Knowing the game up here is a nonsense ‘requirement’. A good manager is a good manager.

Doesn’t need to be a Celtic man or a man who knows the game but out of the names mentioned I’d take Moyes. Some fans think everyone loves Celtic as much as we do and that a top manager will come and relish it. Far from it. We got spoiled with Brendan well not see a man like him in charge again in my lifetime.

That said. Guaranteed Lennon gets it. Can tell the players want it. Brown can’t stop commenting on how the players are doing it to help Lennon.
  • SC1967

God no.

Doesn’t need to be a Celtic man or a man who knows the game but out of the names mentioned I’d take Moyes. Some fans think everyone loves Celtic as much as we do and that a top manager will come and relish it. Far from it. We got spoiled with Brendan well not see a man like him in charge again in my lifetime.

That said. Guaranteed Lennon gets it. Can tell the players want it. Brown can’t stop commenting on how the players are doing it to help Lennon.

I think Lenny will get it as well. Which really worries me.
  • fergoosee
    give it lenny we win the league next season
  • Sykesy

God no.

I’m confused to what he’s attempting to do. This isn’t the set up he usually went for or the style of play. Is hard to judge a manager without his input on players but just the standard of football is frustrating. So many wasted attacks stopped dead cause nobody seemed to know what they where doing.

Achieves the treble all will be forgiven. Rest as many as possible for the cup games. Big Eddy gets pass marks though. Goal and assist. Big handsome chap. Massive fan
  • RfCxAmy
    5248 posts Big Money Move
    Morelos to be fined a weeks wages, if he doesn’t smarten up after that then there’s nothing else we can do.
  • SC1967

God no.

I’m confused to what he’s attempting to do. This isn’t the set up he usually went for or the style of play. Is hard to judge a manager without his input on players but just the standard of football is frustrating. So many wasted attacks stopped dead cause nobody seemed to know what they where doing.

Achieves the treble all will be forgiven. Rest as many as possible for the cup games. Big Eddy gets pass marks though. Goal and assist. Big handsome chap. Massive fan

His lineups and subs have been strange, to put it lightly. Just want the season over with tbh.

Eddy and Ajer were fantastic.
  • Sykesy

Behave. Nobody’s stopping 10. Can dream all you want. Isn’t happening. Stevie G is out the door next season. I reckon by Christmas he’s out.

Fight for second place is on now. Morelos Halliday and Kent with suspensions coming
  • fergoosee

Behave. Nobody’s stopping 10. Can dream all you want. Isn’t happening. Stevie G is out the door next season. I reckon by Christmas he’s out.

Fight for second place is on now. Morelos Halliday and Kent with suspensions coming

can learn how to play defoe on his own
  • Sykesy

can learn how to play defoe on his own

Depending on who you play. Reckon he’ll smash a few tbh