Official list of leagues and teams

https://www.easports.com/fifa/news/2017/fifa-18-leagues-and-teams

Liga do Brasil is launching with generic names again which was expected since it was last year and they've had trouble getting it licensed but I wasn't expecting Chilean league to be generic. That's disappointing.

Comments

• Lonestarr022
    502 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Hopefully this year they will be able to come through with player licenses at some point.
  • Hopefully this year they will be able to come through with player licenses at some point.

I wouldn't get my hopes up. They said the same thing last year and it never happened.
  • Lonestarr022
    502 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Hopefully this year they will be able to come through with player licenses at some point.

I wouldn't get my hopes up. They said the same thing last year and it never happened.

I'm not, but maybe they have better luck this year. I honestly think it's the federations more than FIFA. Seems like they demand more money than they are honestly worth.
  • HarryKein
    514 posts An Exciting Prospect

I'm not, but maybe they have better luck this year. I honestly think it's the federations more than FIFA. Seems like they demand more money than they are honestly worth.

Yes but, what is the point of having two leaguess with fake players? At least in PES you can edit them, here not. I don't want to have in my career mode Pissinho Aldobrado Joao Moreiro. I want real players!

I hope they adjust this, but if it is like last year, it won't
  • BLaZiNgSPEED
    404 posts Sunday League Hero
    I'm not Polish. But I noticed that EA removed Poland National Team from FIFA 18. Quite disappointing news for Polish fans. While they fully licensed Romania, Russia, Portugal. Poland is one of the biggest populated countries in Europe around 40 million.

You can also see that the Chilean National Team is generic as well with an asterisk * a team that reached the Confederations Cup Final and beat Portugal on the way to it.

Rest of the World has also shrunken from 16 teams in FIFA 17 down to 12 teams for FIFA 18. Instead of actually improving that roster. Why didn't they add Ludogorets, Levski Sofia, CSKA Sofia, Steaua București, Qarabag F.K. Alashkert F.C., Crvena Zvezda, BATE Borisov, Dinamo Zagreb, etc?

EA have got so much money and instead they license teams like New Zealand and Iceland which really has very little demand for such tiny populations and relatively ordinary teams. New Zealand is a 4 million population. Croatia is also a 4 million population but at least Croatia deserves its place in FIFA 18 far more than New Zealand its one of the strongest teams currently in the world. And at least for most of us non Croatians out there we are more likely to pick Croatia to play with in FIFA 18 than we would with New Zealand or Iceland a 334,000 population.
  • HarryKein
    ?

EA have got so much money and instead they license teams like New Zealand and Iceland which really has very little demand for such tiny populations and relatively ordinary teams. New Zealand is a 4 million population. Croatia is also a 4 million population but at least Croatia deserves its place in FIFA 18 far more than New Zealand its one of the strongest teams currently in the world. And at least for most of us non Croatians out there we are more likely to pick Croatia to play with in FIFA 18 than we would with New Zealand or Iceland a 334,000 population.

The problems aren't New Zealand or Iceland, is the fact that National Team like Croatia, Serbia, Slovakia and Ukraine are not in the game. They can even add the Gibilterra National Team, the important thing is that they add the stronger, but not only them.
  • DC_United123
    773 posts Semi-Pro
    edited September 2017
    I'm not Polish. But I noticed that EA removed Poland National Team from FIFA 18. Quite disappointing news for Polish fans. While they fully licensed Romania, Russia, Portugal. Poland is one of the biggest populated countries in Europe around 40 million.

You can also see that the Chilean National Team is generic as well with an asterisk * a team that reached the Confederations Cup Final and beat Portugal on the way to it.

Rest of the World has also shrunken from 16 teams in FIFA 17 down to 12 teams for FIFA 18. Instead of actually improving that roster. Why didn't they add Ludogorets, Levski Sofia, CSKA Sofia, Steaua București, Qarabag F.K. Alashkert F.C., Crvena Zvezda, BATE Borisov, Dinamo Zagreb, etc?

Iceland made it to the quarterfinals of the last Euro and is on the verge of qualifying for the next World Cup bro. Kind of funny you criticize Iceland and NZ for having small populations and there being no demand. You think there's a demand for Alashkert?
  • HarryKein wrote: »

Yes but, what is the point of having two leaguess with fake players? At least in PES you can edit them, here not. I don't want to have in my career mode Pissinho Aldobrado Joao Moreiro. I want real players!

I hope they adjust this, but if it is like last year, it won't

Yes, I hate the fake players especially in career.
  • BLaZiNgSPEED

Iceland made it to the quarterfinals of the last Euro and is on the verge of qualifying for the next World Cup bro. Kind of funny you criticize Iceland and NZ for having small populations and there being no demand. You think there's a demand for Alashkert?
    I know that Iceland beat England in the Euros. Yes they are a decent team. But they don't consistently perform at their best. And they only recently started doing well. Before that their best player was Eidur Gudjohnsen who played for Barcelona and Chelsea.

Just because they played well in recent time doesn't automatically grant them the status of being in the game. Also the World Cup Group they are in is relatively easy. You've got Finland and Kosovo which are both weak, very weak. Ukraine not doing so well either and Turkey has also deteriorated in recent time. This will of-course make them go second with the possibility of qualifying for the World Cup. It's not the same comparison as Bulgaria in Group A having France, Netherlands, Sweden. This is a much, much more difficult and competitive group. Yet I can confidently say that even the current Bulgarian squad is stronger than that of Iceland had they been in a similar group to Iceland Bulgaria would've qualified for the World Cup in the same way. That doesn't suddenly make them more deservedly of qualifying for the World Cup and thus having itself fully licensed for FIFA.

Australia qualifies for the World Cup also with ease because they are in a mickey mouse group with teams such as Fiji, Solomon Islands, Vanuatu, Bangladesh, Tajikistan, etc. If they try to qualify for a World Cup from the European continent they will struggle with most of the European teams.

I've got nothing against teams such as Iceland being in the game in fact I even wanted them in it. But I wanted the others first before them. When you have teams that have been established as greats for many years such as Nigeria, Croatia, Japan, Iran that consistently pull off results together with generally huge populations (except Croatia). Iran for instance is 81 million, Nigeria 186 million, Japan 127 million.

These teams deserve their place in FIFA far, far more. I am not discriminating against Iceland or New Zealand for that matter. I'm just saying that great nations with larger populations have a larger FIFA fan-base, thus making them far more worthy and valuable to the game than having a team like Canada, New Zealand and Iceland.

Not to mention the fact that fans of these countries especially many great nations from Africa and Asia such as Japan, Nigeria and Iran have been crying out for their team to be in it and they've been let down each and every year. Yet we have teams like Canada, New Zealand and Iceland with virtually little footballing tradition and population have their place in the game. That is logical fallacy!

And as for the Rest of the World. We've discussed this before. Again top European sides being left out of the game. Yes they don't have their own league in FIFA due to licensing. But I expect that EA acquire the license at least the best 1-2 teams from each national league from Europe and the Rest of the World for what it's supposed to stand for. This has been asked for the last decade or so and no progress has been made in the Rest of the World section. I mentioned Alashkert from another user who posted recently as they are the best club from Armenia.
  • Armenian league is garbage. We don't need that crap team. No Armenian club has ever even made it past the early qualifying rounds of EL or CL.
  • By the way Australia is in AFC not Oceania.
  • Thatsgold007
    111 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    EA needs to add Afghanistan's national team along with Afghan premier league...
    Would be so nice to play it
  • EA needs to add Afghanistan's national team along with Afghan premier league...
    Would be so nice to play it

No they need the third division from Cambodia.

• Earlybird15
    110 posts Has Potential To Be Special

When it comes to getting teams, leagues and national teams, there is always going to be someone that’s mad. Why not try to use the FIFA rankings for national teams? As far as trying to add new leagues, they should try to use stats like coefficients to determine adding new leagues. As far as Europe goes, they definitely leave some of the stronger leagues out for some of the weaker ones. If they decide not to add leagues then they should look to add teams that usually go to their association’s inter-league club competitions or have a great club history that winning championships. I don’t know what way is best cause people are going to be mad regardless but I thought I’d give my opinion
  • Kasa
    91 posts Park Captain
    why for all these years Irish league has been in?? Anyone outside of Ireland cares for that?
  • BLaZiNgSPEED

When it comes to getting teams, leagues and national teams, there is always going to be someone that’s mad. Why not try to use the FIFA rankings for national teams? As far as trying to add new leagues, they should try to use stats like coefficients to determine adding new leagues. As far as Europe goes, they definitely leave some of the stronger leagues out for some of the weaker ones. If they decide not to add leagues then they should look to add teams that usually go to their association’s inter-league club competitions or have a great club history that winning championships. I don’t know what way is best cause people are going to be mad regardless but I thought I’d give my opinion
    Indeed that's what EA should do. They should add National Teams based on FIFA rankings. But from what we see it doesn't seem to be the way EA follow. We have teams like India, New Zealand, Canada which are statistically the worst ranked teams in the FIFA video game. Okay I understand with India there can be an exception, billion population and EA want to manipulate these Indian fans so they buy the FIFA video game every year.

Okay we now also have Saudi Arabia added for FIFA 18. That I accept, they are ranked 53rd in the world with a relatively big population of 33 million. This has more sense.

Iran is ranked 15th in the world, Japan 40th, Nigeria 44th. But New Zealand is ranked 113th and that is after improvement. They were 123 ranked. They are not a priority. Even New Zealand fans aren't dying for their national team to be in FIFA. They are a nation with a sporting tradition towards Rugby and Cricket.

Now when I say add national teams, I'm not saying add them purely down to population. You have to look at all the factors in determining whether a nation is worthy of being added in the game such as ranking, footballing tradition, population, demand, etc. There should be a priority focus list that EA will take note of. And add the less important teams last.

For example I'm half Bulgarian-Bangladeshi mixed. I'll never say at this stage add the Bangladesh national team because I know it is a mickey mouse national team even if the population is 162 million. And traditionally as well Bangladeshi fans are also more passionate towards Cricket than Football. I'll always support adding teams like Croatia, Serbia, Japan, Iran, etc first! Even Iceland no doubt are more worthy of being in the game than Bangladesh, I'll never argue with that.

Same goes with the national leagues. I'd ask for the Bulgarian League to be added over a Bangladeshi League. It has more sense such as Ludogorets competing for the Champions League and Botev Plovdiv competing in the Europa Cup. How about adding them to the Rest of the World?

My complaint is that EA have completely neglected the Rest of the World section over the past 10 years. There has hardly been a team added in the ROTW section! The last time Levski Sofia was in FIFA was in FIFA 99. I was 10 years old at that time. EA never reacquired the license back again since. And this ROTW roster has hardly ever been updated for the last decade or so. Yet all EA have done this year is added a few national teams and a German 3rd Division League which again I'm sorry to say but that's not a priority not even for German fans. When they already have Bundesliga 1 and 2.
  • HarryKein
    They should had the best of every continent:

Saudi Arabe is good cause they qualify for the World Cup. And New Zealand is good cause it represent the Oceania.

- Europe:
    --- Croatia
    --- Serbia
    --- Slovak
    --- Bosnia
    --- Ukraine
    --- Israel
    --- Cyprus
    --- Albany
    --- Montenegro

- Africa:
    --- Morocco
    --- Algery
    --- Tunisy
    --- Nigeria
    --- Senegal
    --- Ghana
    --- Mali
    --- Gabon
    --- Congo RD (blue flag)
    --- Burkina Faso
    --- Togo
    --- Angola
    --- Zambia
    --- Guinea Eq.
    --- Cape Verde

- Asia:
    --- South Korea
    --- Japan
    --- Iran
    --- Unite Emirate Arabe
    --- Iraq

-North/Central America:
    --- Costa Rica
    --- Panama
    --- Honduras
    --- Trinidad & Tobago
    --- Jamaica
    --- Guatemala
    --- Nicaragua
    --- El Salvador
  • milan_7
    383 posts Sunday League Hero
    HarryKein wrote: »
    They should had the best of every continent:

Saudi Arabe is good cause they qualify for the World Cup. And New Zealand is good cause it represent the Oceania.

- Europe:
    --- Croatia
    --- Serbia
    --- Slovak
    --- Bosnia
    --- Ukraine
    --- Israel
    --- Cyprus
    --- Albany
    --- Montenegro

- Africa:
    --- Morocco
    --- Algery
    --- Tunisy
    --- Nigeria
    --- Senegal
    --- Ghana
    --- Mali
    --- Gabon
    --- Congo RD (blue flag)
    --- Burkina Faso
    --- Togo
    --- Angola
    --- Zambia
    --- Guinea Eq.
    --- Cape Verde

- Asia:
    --- South Korea
    --- Japan
    --- Iran
    --- Unite Emirate Arabe
    --- Iraq

-North/Central America:
    --- Costa Rica
    --- Panama
    --- Honduras
    --- Trinidad & Tobago
    --- Jamaica
    --- Guatemala
    --- Nicaragua
    --- El Salvador
    Yeah because Australia don't have a huge FIFA fanbase or anything. We have qualified for three consecutive world cups, and could make it four if we make it past the qualifiers. And most importantly are the champions of Asia.
  • HarryKein
    milan_7 wrote: »
    Yeah because Australia don't have a huge FIFA fanbase or anything. We have qualified for three consecutive world cups, and could make it four if we make it past the qualifiers. And most importantly are the champions of Asia.

I mean teams that aren't in FIFA. Australia is in FIFA yet, and I respect them! I remember Viduka, Kewell. Grella, Bresciano!
  • Yet another terrible effort with no options to create your own teams and leagues. I'm just fed up at this point. Purchased PES again. It's like they are deliberately trying to alienate people who don't play FUT. It is working.
  • BLaZiNgSPEED
    Well it seems like Poland is back in the list of national teams in the game. I don't know what happened, it was absent a couple of days ago from the list. Maybe EA simply missed out the name. When I counted the teams it was 49 national teams, now it is 50.

Maybe someone from EA did secretly read my post about them not being listed for FIFA 18 and then corrected it on the site. :p
  • JcMiner31
    15 posts Ball Boy
    edited September 2017
    Well even besides Poland (being in the game lol). Fifa still jokingly drops the ball on Brazilian and Chiliean leagues not being licensed among others not in the game. And not having more National teams is a joke. Croatia, Iran, Peru, Bosnia, Ghana, Costa Rica and many many more... how does Fifa not have the financial resources for more teams and leagues!? And how does PES outbid Fifa for Brazilian license?

Just disappointed again... all though at least Saudi Arabia, New Zealand, Iceland and German 3rd division is in! Seriously, im happy at least a few new teams made it. Just not enough...