4K Ultra HDR Monitors/TVs

bigpokey24
4865 posts Big Money Move
edited September 2017
which would you prefer/recommend for the ps4 pro or xbox1x( yet to be released)

Comments

• Im just using my 55" 4k HDR Hisense on XB1 and have 1X on pre-order if i was only an xbox gamer tho and was a teen at home definately a 26" ish monitor for lower input lag
  • Carlos181
    4347 posts National Call-Up
    Would also like to know some good recommendations.
  • A nice 4k tv for an xbox one x, monitors are for pcs
  • silencer747
    189 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    A lot of tvs have massive input delays some even over 200ms! I'd always advice a monitor for gaming.
  • Viggo 007
    12248 posts Has That Special Something
    Get a monitor you fool. TV aren't made for gaming. Monitor are built from 0 with that in mind. They will outclass any TV when it comes to gaming
  • opasni_
    3686 posts National Call-Up
    50"+ must be and less than 80cm distance or you won't notice difference.
  • They Caged Non
    6385 posts Big Money Move
    A nice 4k tv for an xbox one x, monitors are for pcs

Not quite true, TV in our house is for the bird to watch rubbish on, so a good monitor on a little table is perfect for me to play FIFA whilst she does that

Not quite true, TV in our house is for the bird to watch rubbish on, so a good monitor on a little table is perfect for me to play FIFA whilst she does that

I did the same for a bit then ended up going back to me 50inch tv, monitor is back with the pc
  • They Caged Non
    6385 posts Big Money Move
    A nice 4k tv for an xbox one x, monitors are for pcs

I did the same for a bit then ended up going back to me 50inch tv, monitor is back with the pc

I'm upgrading to a proper 4K monitor with built in USB soon, so I can charge my controller whilst I play without trailing the lead across the room, monitors knock the socks off TVs for me, graphics are much more forgiving

I'm upgrading to a proper 4K monitor with built in USB soon, so I can charge my controller whilst I play without trailing the lead across the room, monitors knock the socks off TVs for me, graphics are much more forgiving

Sounds nice, maybe i should invest in a better monitor too, something to consider
  • Retro_G
    33020 posts National Team Captain
    Best gaming TV on the market at the moment is the LG B7/C7 OLED. It has only 21ms of input lag, you will be blown away by how good the picture is in 4K HDR/Dolby Vision.
  • All you just wait ..... VRR ( Varaible Refresh Rate ) tv,s are comming with hdmi 2.1 .. Freesync 2 and Gsync on your tv/ monitor ... will take a few more month's of your patience but then you have best of both worlds, high refresh rates , big screen , 4k and smooth animation
  • bigpokey24
    4865 posts Big Money Move
    I have 2 monitors asus swift pg248q(24inch) and a 27 IPS Asus.. however they aren't 4ks ..purchased them earlier this year, however i do intend on getting the new 4 k consoles, ... I have decided i will get a 4k monitor and TV...but need to either sell the ones i have or give it away