Another bit not on Switch

Deadly_Dexter
444 posts Sunday League Hero
edited September 2017
I am sure this is not new to others but I just noticed we will miss pack animations, I wonder what if anything we get instead.

'The Journey' I am not fussed on, I didn't like that sort of game mode. 'FUT Champs' I played once and disliked intensely.....but I am afraid that pack openings and the experience of pulling something great and the fanfare around that might be a key part of FUT for me. Still buying the game but ready to be disappointed by that element or lack of....Surely they have created a different pack opening animation though!?78a4fswhzt0h.jpg

Comments

• Santiago
    21486 posts Club Captain
    It's probably the old one that we saw on the 360 last year
  • I dont understand the added value of this, its all about the player and the team, not animations.
  • Deadly_Dexter
    I dont understand the added value of this, its all about the player and the team, not animations.

I appreciate it won't matter or will matter to varying degrees to people but of course there is added value in presentation otherwise there would be zero work on UI, design or anything around us.
  • diddybeats
    25 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I can't find anywhere that lists what features are cut from the switch version. Does anyone know? Im tempted to get the switch version over Xbox one but going in blind makes it a hard sell. I'll be gutted if it feels really watered down and doesn't get support matching the Xbox and ps4 versions in terms of patching etc. Hopefully some reviewers will get a copy before it's out.
  • Here is your Switch pack opening:

I think it's okay as I do not enjoy the Disney look of walking out digital players.
  • Deadly_Dexter
    Thanks I have seen that clip before. I am not sure how accurate it is given they say it was connected to a phone for I during that demo. Looks OK though.
  • Deadly_Dexter
    diddybeats wrote: »
    I can't find anywhere that lists what features are cut from the switch version. Does anyone know? Im tempted to get the switch version over Xbox one but going in blind makes it a hard sell. I'll be gutted if it feels really watered down and doesn't get support matching the Xbox and ps4 versions in terms of patching etc. Hopefully some reviewers will get a copy before it's out.

Anything that requires the frostbite engine is cut. The switch version has a custom engine this time around. I assume that means they will need different patches entirely. They do have a team specifically working on switch development though.

In short
    No The Journey
    No new pack opening animation
    No FUT Champs either and no Squad Battles.

Everything else should be there including the vast majority of FUT.
  • Sh4h_-_7
    184 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Anything that requires the frostbite engine is cut. The switch version has a custom engine this time around. I assume that means they will need different patches entirely. They do have a team specifically working on switch development though.

In short
    No The Journey

Thats means career mode no new cut scenes for contracts etc? Will AI be as competative as they are on the xbox console
  • Deadly_Dexter
    If they are built on Frostbite it means they will have to use or have built something else for the switch version.
  • diddybeats
    25 posts Last Pick at the Park

In short
    No The Journey

I know it's impossible to tell but how do you think the market will be? I know pc market is inflated sure to less players so do you expect something similar? Some sbc might be difficult to complete due to non-existent cards.
  • Nervous_Nick
    5075 posts Big Money Move
    no squad battles ??? too bad, that would have been perfect for Switch !
  • No webapp
  • No playing friends online
  • I'm fine with it, but its stupid. They will lose new potential customers...
  • FeD_989
    71 posts Park Captain
    One thing that’s nice that’s not in is the EA account club. Where you unlock transfer sizes and celebrations etc. It seems max. Transfer sizes and all celebrations are useable from the start.
  • heavymcd
    10068 posts Has That Special Something
    Are all the quality-of-life improvements still in? Quick subs, pause fix, etc?
  • Solari
    1880 posts Play-Off Hero
    no squad battles ??? too bad, that would have been perfect for Switch !

agreed. EA needs to think of ways to give out packs for switch users
    all the SBCs are too expensive to complete...
  • Deadly_Dexter
    The FUT market is small so far. I am pleasantly surprised by the look and quality of the game and it is great to have handheld. My team is decent but seems a small transfer market so far in FUT.
  • The FUT market is small so far. I am pleasantly surprised by the look and quality of the game and it is great to have handheld. My team is decent but seems a small transfer market so far in FUT.
    Yes I'm also very happy with the game, feels great to play. On TV as well in handheld mode. Market will grow overtime, first Ill be making some coins anyway.

• Deadly_Dexter
    The FUT market is small so far. I am pleasantly surprised by the look and quality of the game and it is great to have handheld. My team is decent but seems a small transfer market so far in FUT.
    Yes I'm also very happy with the game, feels great to play. On TV as well in handheld mode. Market will grow overtime, first Ill be making some coins anyway.

I cannot at all play the game with the joycons. Muscle memory does not allow it
  • Deadly_Dexter

Ha. Glitched like that with kits and bodies on Xbox before too