IF Trading Guide

RBailss
9551 posts League Winner
edited September 2017
IF Trading Guidlines

The method works by a large amount of cards being placed on the market at an inflated price. It relies on lazy buyers who use the console (not proven) who do not take the time to search for the lowest price on players. They search the market and see all the players up at a set price and buy a player, thinking that must be his going rate. There are plenty of theories on why this works, but that's the one i'm going with!

- Please do not argue with each other! The thread will be locked if this occurs.

- Sticking together with prices etc will help each other make coins and keep bickering to a minimum.

- Buy times will be discussed in the thread i'm sure. I propose a buy within a percentage of the lowest range. Something like, do not buy cards unless they are within 5% of their MIN.

- All cards dealt with are 'cheap' IF's, please keep the thread on topic where possible.

- Some people stick to 8-10 cards of the same player. No more no less. Some others prefer just having 1 of each card, test both out & see what works best for you.

- When you sell a card, replace it with another where possible. It's always encouraging to post pics of your sales if you can. This keeps others up to date on sale prices and also helps others who may not have had a sale yet.

- As stated, this relies on a modicum of luck. This is not a quick flip method for making coins and does require some patience/faith. So do not start this method if you cannot spare the coins. Sales may come in the first hour, they may require a few days. This is not an exact science but it does work.

- Chem Cards and Position changes are not required but MAY help with a sale. I would also advise to buy fresh cards for attacking players but it is NOT necessary.

- Stick to the buy prices you agree on. Buying too high will reduce the profit margins for everyone (including yourself).

- Be aware of upcoming events & SBCS which could have an effect on any IF's you are holding/looking to buy. Be smart.

- Above all, respect one another.

QUICK GUIDE AND ANSWERS TO FAQ's

Minimum desired start capital 100k-150k
Patience
1 hour cycles work best
Patience
Best to buy fresh
Patience
For players which haven't hit discard (10k) leave these to hit lowest price for Monday/Tuesday pick up (although Thursdays with FUT Champs rewards may also be a good time to buy).
Have patience
Research the thread
Patience
Make your own decisions
Patience
Don't moan if you do not get a sale
Patience
Stick to IF sales brags
Patience

Credit to @OoSUPERDANoO for the OP.

Potentially edited once I have a bit more time.
Post edited by RBailss on

Comments

• LFC Simon 98
    14273 posts Has That Special Something
    First
  • SadioMan
    1461 posts Professional
    Good luck to all this year
  • RBailss
    9551 posts League Winner
    We all know how this works from previous years... Lets keep it civil & make ££££££££
  • Hitman_Hatton
    14382 posts Has That Special Something
    Good work.

Reserved.
  • Pikachu
    7553 posts League Winner
    Getting on the first page.
  • Pikachu
    7553 posts League Winner
    RBailss wrote: »
    We all know how this works from previous years... Lets keep it civil & make ££££££££

Have fun with keeping it civil.
  • Fab
    16690 posts World Class
    First page for sale pm for details
  • CeeQue
    8434 posts League Winner
    1st page best guide for me at making coins.
  • RBailss
    9551 posts League Winner
    Pikachu wrote: »

Have fun with keeping it civil.

You've ruined it already & we're not even a page in :joy:

Everyone has their own methods, things might be different this year. The main thing is that we're all making money! Whens the first TOTW out?
  • jdros
    2530 posts Fans' Favourite
    CeeQue wrote: »

and least time intensive. Buy low sell high at it's finest.
  • mcelwee1888
    229 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Hopefully get the time to get properly stuck into this from the get go this year and update as I go.

• Kai9623
    6596 posts Big Money Move
    Lets go'
  • CeeQue
    8434 posts League Winner
    jdros wrote: »
    CeeQue wrote: »

and least time intensive. Buy low sell high at it's finest.

1. EPL
    2. 84+ IF
    3. ???
    4. Profit
  • FootyFootyFootball
    2247 posts Fans' Favourite
    As with last year I'm from the dark side of PS4 but will be keeping track over here as well

Bring on da moniesssss
  • CraigB85
    1271 posts Professional
    Hopefully get involved in this this year once I get enough coins!
  • RBailss
    9551 posts League Winner
    Hoping SBC's give us big opportunity for profit again like last year although we were all kind of new to the idea.
  • mcelwee1888
    229 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Hoping SBC's give us big opportunity for profit again like last year although we were all kind of new to the idea.

Likely see Ea throw a spanner in the works now we are all expecting it.
  • Summer69
    992 posts Professional
    Would it be worth looking at changing the Original post as it mentions buying 10 of the same card etc? I did the NIF method last year with success but never really grasped the IF method apart from buy discard and sell at £16k?
  • Uberman
    15615 posts World Class
    Monday/Tuesday still the best day? - Thursday could be viable with Champs rewards aswell
  • RBailss
    9551 posts League Winner
    Summer69 wrote: »
    Would it be worth looking at changing the Original post as it mentions buying 10 of the same card etc? I did the NIF method last year with success but never really grasped the IF method apart from buy discard and sell at £16k?

Don't think many people take notice of the OP... Just ask the regulars in here, any questions you may have.
  • Summer69
    992 posts Professional
    yeh fair play - will do!
  • CeeQue
    8434 posts League Winner
    As with last year I'm from the dark side of PS4 but will be keeping track over here as well

Bring on da moniesssss

It should be the same and prices may be similar since PS have legends now
  • Pieman
    458 posts Sunday League Hero
    Works for me every year. I'm in.
  • RBailss
    9551 posts League Winner
    I've edited the OP slightly but all us regulars know the score by now...

Just waiting for the master @dudders to show his face... This guy made insane profit using the 1 card method last year!
  • Xmrburnzo
    662 posts An Exciting Prospect
    made 20mil by mid-March last year before I lost interest
  • Chmpen85
    713 posts An Exciting Prospect

Just waiting for the master @dudders to show his face... This guy made insane profit using the 1 card method last year!

Yeah he really know his trading. Hoping to just make half his profit This year.
  • UM4R
    3224 posts Moderator
    Money hype

Need to put more time in this year need that R9
  • Currieman
    4276 posts National Call-Up
    Gonna really have a go at it this year! Need to make me some coin in trading.
  • octobercabbage
    457 posts Sunday League Hero
    Got 6 million and stopped.... This year I'm targeting 15 million.... All the best good luck and good trading.
  • dudders
    2165 posts Fans' Favourite

I'm here bud just waiting in the wings for the game to come out , still haven't ordered the game yet but probly will do in the next couple of days. Pretty excited for this year think their will be more opportunities than ever to make coins .