The Scouting, Youths and Regens Thread

Alastair
10066 posts Moderator
The Scouting, Youths and Regens Thread

Welcome to the the Scouting, Youths and Regens thread. This thread encompasses everything to do with the Global Scouting Network, Youth Scouting, Youth Squad and Regens.

The following posts detail each mode. If you have any suggestions for extra detail to put in them then please PM me.

Comments

• Alastair
    10066 posts Moderator
    Global Scouting Network
    Global Transfer Network completely reinvented scouting from FIFA 14’s Career Mode onwards.

Clubs will start out with between one to four scouts on staff. Larger clubs will start with a number of scouts, while smaller sides may only have one available. All clubs can eventually hire up to six scouts to evaluate talent, and scouts themselves are rated from one to five stars depending on their influence and ability.

When looking for talent, scouts can target up to six traits to help zero in on the right fit for the squad. The search’s specificity and the quality of the scout will determine the wait for results. Typically, scouts will report back with information on players after a few days, up to a week. Scouts can be relocated at any time and will be constantly searching for talent throughout the season.

The first round of transfer reports will include preliminary information and minor details about a player’s potential strengths. As players are scouted, information becomes more detailed and accurate. Managers don’t have to immediately make decisions based on scouting reports; information is always accessible but does become outdated over time. If an entire season goes by, the information that was once collected may not be valid, so it’s best to keep tabs on targeted and viable players for your team.

List of countries you can scout in Global Scouting Network:

Northern Europe:
    --Denmark
    --England
    --Republic of Ireland
    --Norway
    --Russia
    --Scotland
    --Sweden

Central Europe:
    --Austria
    --Belgium
    --France
    --Germany
    --Netherlands
    --Switzerland

Southern Europe:
    --Italy
    --Portugal
    --Spain

Rest of Europe:
    --Poland

Asia:
    --Korea Republic (South Korea)
    --Saudi Arabia

Australia:
    --Australia

South America:
    --Argentina
    --Brazil
    --Chile
    --Colombia

North America:
    --USA
    --Mexico

Credit to awcwc for putting the list of scoutable nations together

Everything in this post is from FIFA 14 so my be slightly out of date.
  • Alastair
    10066 posts Moderator
    Youth Scouting
    Youth scouting allows you to send a scout to a certain part of the world where they search for players for you. You can tell them to look for a certain type of player, a player in a certain position or all types/position of players.

And a list of countries you can scout for youth talent. (countries in italics are youth scouting only - not Global Scouting network):

Northern Europe:
    --Denmark
    --England
    --Finland
    --Republic of Ireland
    --Northern Ireland
    --Norway
    --Russia
    --Scotland
    --Sweden

Central Europe:
    --Austria
    --Belgium
    --France
    --Germany
    --Netherlands
    --Switzerland

Southern Europe:
    --Croatia
    --Greece
    --Italy
    --Portugal
    --Spain
    --Turkey

Rest of Europe:
    --Poland
    --Czech Republic
    --Romania
    --Slovakia
    --Slovenia
    --Serbia

Asia:
    --Korea Republic (South Korea)
    --Saudi Arabia
    --China PR

Australia:
    --Australia
    --New Zealand

South America:
    --Argentina
    --Bolivia
    --Brazil
    --Chile
    --Colombia
    --Ecuador
    --Paraguay
    --Peru
    --Uruguay
    --Venezuela

North America:
    --USA
    --Mexico
    --Canada

Africa:
    --Algeria
    --Cameroon
    --Egypt
    --Ghana
    --Ivory Coast
    --Morocco
    --Nigeria
    --South Africa

Credit to awcwc for putting the list of scoutable nations together

Everything in this post is from FIFA 14 so my be slightly out of date.
  • Alastair
    10066 posts Moderator
    Youth Team
    All scouted players go into your youth team. Players in here are normally between the ages of 14 and 18. You start off with minimal knowledge of each player but the longer they are in your team for, the more knowledge you gain.

When a player turns 16 you are able to sign them on a professional contract.

Some players reach a better potential rating if they are left in your youth team until either they request to move up to the full squad or are 18 and you therefore have to sign them or release them.
  • Alastair
    10066 posts Moderator
    Regens
    Regens are regenerated players. They are similar to old players who have retired. They normally appear the season after the original player retired at the clubs in the same league as the old player was when they retired. They have the same nationality and often position as the retired player.
  • Can you provide an answer why Wales has never been an option to scout youth staff? Reading the list above Wales has been overlooked again despite ALL the other UK nations always being available.

All you have to do is bang a few Jones, Williams, Evans, Davies etc in the youth name generator and boosh, sorted.

I find it a bit odd, especially since Wales have been the highest ranked UK nation Twice in the last few years, and semi finalists of the last major European tournament. I thought FIFA 18 might have addressed this.

I'd appreciate some sort of explanation why this is perpertually the case?
  • Neophyte
    23 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Yeah i would of love to have seen Iceland added as an option to scout youth players from then it would of been nice to manage the national team.
  • External
    30 posts Last Pick at the Park
    "All scouted players go into your youth team. Players in here are normally between the ages of 14 and 18. You start off with minimal knowledge of each player but the longer they are in your team for, the more knowledge you gain." This isn't exactly true anymore , the moment you sign a youth player you have his full knowledge , this was even so in fifa 17 .
  • CHICLETTEBR
    27 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I THINK I SHOULD HAVE A MORE PRACTICAL WAY TO HAVE AN EYE OF THE NATIONALITY I WANT.

PLAY MODE CAREER IN THE 4th DIVISION OF ENGLAND, IT IS VERY DIFFICULT TO CONTRACT AN EYE OF SPAIN, BRAZIL, ARGENTINA AND OTHERS.
  • Hi all,

it is by far too easy to scout for young talents. After 6 months of playing my youth team has five players with potential 82-94 or better. It is pretty unrealistic to gain at least three Messis/Ronaldos in your club per year.
    FIFA 17 had already the same issues...
    Please make it a little bit harder and reduce the number of goalkeepers found.

Regards
    Tappen_78
  • Scoot
    267 posts Sunday League Hero
    Surprised no one has posted more here? Not just about this topic but career mode in general..

I've held off buying fifa again and look around the forums to see what career mode is like etc. But there seems to be so little activity than normal..
  • Ross290783
    75 posts Park Captain
    Scoot wrote: »
    Surprised no one has posted more here? Not just about this topic but career mode in general..

I've held off buying fifa again and look around the forums to see what career mode is like etc. But there seems to be so little activity than normal..
    I have made a few posts about career mode as I love it! Currently doing a season with Inter whilst (probably like you) I am putting off using my team (Huddersfield) until the player faces are updated in November (I hope). Think the youth system is a little easier to find talents this time unless I have been very lucky! Seem to have a full youth team with potentials from 91-94. At least for you guys your ratings have improved.. We seem to be worse rated than last season! Good luck for the real life season ahead btw!
  • Scoot wrote: »

Reddit has a more active forum for careers, A squads etc.
  • RemYD
    2 posts Ball Boy
    I have been buying FIFA since 99. I would love to send the scouts to the Caribbean to find players in countries like Jamaica, Haiti, Trinidad and etc.....
    Also after 5 or 6 seasons in career mode. The game gets pretty boring because the commentator can't say and of the Youths or Regens name. Also the Youth players look way to old for they age.
  • Hello
  • You must buy Dele Alli, a total beast
  • mkunited
    29 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Is there a way to scout a specific player on your shortlist?
  • Hi all, i have a question about the physical stats of youth players. I noticed that my players have terribly low physical stats compared with players of other teams. I have some wings of 19 years with 94 potential with sprint speed of 65 while some player of the same i found searching in other teams have better physical stats (78-82 in accelleration or sprint speed) but lower technical stats. What could this depend? Thanks to anyone would reply.
  • I have an idea for how EA should revamp scouting in Fifa 19:
    First of all, you should be able to scout in every country in the world, and heres how they should do it, they should make 8 tiers fr scouting in countries, the first tier being England, Germany, France, Spain, etc. and down to the eigth, it should be countries like Comoros, Zimbabwe, Madagascar and such. If EA did this, I feel it would give a new level of enjoyment to scouting, like if you are short on money and you scout in Liechtenstein, a tier 6 country, and you find a 70 some. to high 80 potential player. I also feel this would open a door to a youth squad, and at the start of your manager career mode you would coach there, as you are inexperienced. It would also open a door to every country having a national team, and making the World Cup far more enjoyable. Finally, I feel that Regen players should be removed completely from the game. I think the teams who bring the best youth talent in (i.e. Real Madrid, Sporting, PSV) should have consistently good young players not the Ronaldo Regen going somewhere new in LaLiga every new career mode.
  • Does anyone know if youth academy players either receive traits or start with them when you sign them to the senior squad?
  • abanasia wrote: »
    Does anyone know if youth academy players either receive traits or start with them when you sign them to the senior squad?

SAME Q, PLEASE ANSWER!

• I normally start with my team in League 1, England. When I scout on the global network system it comes back with some really unrealistic options. I think it would be better to have an option to scout by certain leagues as well. I would for instance look for the best players in league 2, or in my own league. Otherwise you have to scout individual players or countries as a whole, when there are 4 leagues in one country it makes it difficult.

Also there could be an option to scout the the team you play against next, and it could give you an idea of there player ratings, or the danger man, their recent form and formation you are going to come up against. Otherwise you have to wait until you get to the match screen to see the other team's formation. Which is quite unrealistic with the amount of scouting/ video analysts in today's game.
  • ~Adma~
    87 posts Park Captain
    21 comments only? Goes to show where people are with FIFA now... i remember in previous versions there being 30/40+ pages on the youth/regens thread.
  • Dont know if this thread is still open but I'll post anyway. About to start season 6 and waiting to see if I get CR7 regen!! Other players possible are Modric, Mehdi Benatia, Vermaelen. So far I'm pretty sure I've had Zlatan (who is now awesome!), Thiago Silva, Iniesta. Ones that didn't seem to appear were likes of Robben, Neuer. I think Buffon came up but I was a bit slow and he had joined someone and wouldn't move (plus I had top youth keepers already). In season 6 I am at the stage of selling most stars as many youth players are good enough for a 1st team slot! Stroll on season 7 and hopefully Messi & Suarez will retire this year!

Not managed to find any pregens yet, but maybe I'm not looking properly.

Still my only real problem is selling youth players so my squad is almost full.
  • y_j_es_i
    157 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    So there this youth player I signed from my academy. Just before i signed him, in the youth academy window it said that he had
    91 finishing
    94 sprinting
    87 acceleration

Then I signed him. However as soon as he popped up in my first team his stats had changed completely
    Finishing 91 -> 75
    Sprint speed 94 -> 77
    Acceleration 87 -> 68

What happened? Is there anyway to fix this?
    Thought I’d found the new Ronaldo :,,(
  • ~Adma~
    87 posts Park Captain
    edited April 2018
    How would he have those stats? He must of been like 80+ ovr! You sure you weren't just seeing his potential high/low skills??
  • y_j_es_i
    edited May 2018
    I’m sure. I took a brief video of his ‘pre-signing’ stats to send to a friend. I’d waited for his high/low predicted stats to become ‘certainties’ before I signed him. I’d upload it but I’m not sure how to use the image url upload thing
    When I saw his stats I was like “good God, I’ve found the next Ronaldo”
    The lad’s 17 as well
    I’m devastated rn
    Literally never been angrier playing Fifa
    Forget last minute bs goals against you etc
    Post edited by y_j_es_i on
  • Addicksfan
    3293 posts National Call-Up
    y_j_es_i wrote: »
    So there this youth player I signed from my academy. Just before i signed him, in the youth academy window it said that he had
    91 finishing
    94 sprinting
    87 acceleration

Then I signed him. However as soon as he popped up in my first team his stats had changed completely
    Finishing 91 -> 75
    Sprint speed 94 -> 77
    Acceleration 87 -> 68

What happened? Is there anyway to fix this?
    Thought I’d found the new Ronaldo :,,(

Could it be that your Youth Academy Coach judgement is low??
    Could it be that the stats you saw were his max potential??

Other than that I have no idea....
  • y_j_es_i
    Addicksfan wrote: »

Could it be that your Youth Academy Coach judgement is low??
    Could it be that the stats you saw were his max potential??

Other than that I have no idea....

His judgement’s five stars and I checked multiple times to make sure I’d read it right :neutral:

• Gary123
    2 posts Ball Boy
    It annoys me that the commentators don't say the youth players names anymore they did on Fifa 16 after a 10 year career most of your plays are getting old or have retired and then there's no commentary for the players after that.