Icon pack weight

Shane
23803 posts Club Captain
edited September 2017
How hard do you think it will be to pack icons? Think Boras did a 1 million FIFA point pack opening at the capture event and only packed 1, maybe they'll alter pack weights when the game is actually out but I highly doubt it.

Comments

• RadioShaq
    14899 posts Moderator
    They will probably be rare like legends were.
  • Skrt_Skrt
    4621 posts National Call-Up
    RadioShaq wrote: »

if they're required for SBCs surely you think that they'd be able to drop more
  • MisterJV
    10773 posts Has That Special Something
    Spencer opened mill and packed 1 as well... **** up
  • Stu768
    912 posts Professional
    They were opening ultimate packs too we've got no chance in 7k packs
  • maymanpele
    14389 posts Has That Special Something
    edited September 2017
    Yeah they will be near impossible. I say maybe 3 packed between everyone in the Xbox cc, and that's being very generous.

Edit within the first 2 weeks of full release.
  • RadioShaq
    14899 posts Moderator
    Skrt_Skrt wrote: »
    RadioShaq wrote: »

if they're required for SBCs surely you think that they'd be able to drop more

I am guessing even the lower versions will be expensive. Then if they get eating by sbc will drive the price up even more. Hopefully I am wrong though.
  • MisterJV
    10773 posts Has That Special Something
    did pack Overmars in a 15k or 7.5 pack from doing an SBC in 17
  • Ofthewelsh
    3568 posts National Call-Up
    MisterJV wrote: »
    did pack Overmars in a 15k or 7.5 pack from doing an SBC in 17

Yet most of us didn't.. I'm sure somebody here, (@DarthGrowler maybe?) packed 2 Gullits last year.
    Most of us won't pack any though I suspect. I'm assuming they'll be pack weights similar to the legends. I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it!
  • iitalic
    1717 posts Play-Off Hero
    until people know for sure if/how many icons are needed for sbc prices are going to be high. pack weight will be awful as always, but will probably be guaranteed icon sbc a couple of times
  • Bob_Dylan
    19224 posts World Class
    His name is Ivan
  • Stu768
    912 posts Professional
    Hoping the 85 hagi gets packed a bit
  • PelzyWelzy
    9328 posts League Winner
    Packed three legends this year (Effenberg, Scholes and Weah) having never got one in all the previous editions of FUT combined...

... following this upward trend all but guarantees me an Henry surely? :trollface:
  • Tof33z
    6435 posts Big Money Move
    Suspect they might up the pack weights at the start for early game hype and getting a few icons out there. Just a guess
  • RealM
    5305 posts Big Money Move
    From a select few opening packs to millions of people opening packs. I am pretty sure they won't need to change the pack weights.
  • Diggy
    13618 posts Has That Special Something
    edited September 2017
    I would hope the pack weight is much better this year considering we lost 41 from last years roster
  • Ofthewelsh
    3568 posts National Call-Up
    Diggy wrote: »
    I would hope the pack weight is much better this year considering we lost 41 from last years roster

I'd have thought that overall, the chances of packing an icon will be broadly similar to the chances of packing a legend. By that I mean extremely slim...
    Even if they double the weight, you'll probably find it's gone from a 1 in 50,000 chance, to a 2 in 50,000 chance of finding one in your pack. I don't know if these figures are remotely accurate, but you catch my drift I hope..
  • Moiizer
    6050 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 2017
    Do we know how many Icons there are in packs this year compared to Legends last year?
  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    Moiizer wrote: »
    Do we know how many Icons there are in packs this year compared to Legends last year?

80 from the get go.

Plus 40 prime to be in packs at various points over the year.
  • ha032742
    35058 posts Moderator
    Weight will be low as usual.
  • SGLT
    6192 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 2017
    Done alright this year, packed 6 legends, Ruud x 2, nedved, Neville, Hierro & larsson

Hope it continues on the new one but I doubt it lol
  • Denisianes
    8068 posts League Winner
    At least that most likely means that there will be no Icons needed for Prime SBCs except maybe for the top end ones like Ronaldo/Maradona.
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26031 posts Player of the Year
    Packing 1 from 1mil coins is a pretty good return based on previous years. I've opened a stupid amount of packs this year and not got any.
  • coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain
    Lol
  • ha032742
    35058 posts Moderator
    Packing 1 from 1mil coins is a pretty good return based on previous years. I've opened a stupid amount of packs this year and not got any.

1m FIFA points not 1m coins.
  • SupaNoodle1990
    ha032742 wrote: »

1m FIFA points not 1m coins.

Oh my bad, reading is hard.
  • SupaNoodle1990
    In that case that sucks, I was hoping this was my year to finally pack a legend, but based on that it's never gonna happen. :cry:
  • KeepItUp
    1295 posts Professional
    Same as high rated cards in all fifas, ****
  • Moiizer
    6050 posts Big Money Move
    What i expect from my FP
    R9announced.png

What ill get
    184120.png
  • got one when i bought 500 fifa points. Got 92 schmeichel who went for 800k. I was over the moon as it was the first card over 82 that i'd packed