Passing is the only stat where I see no difference...

hospital dogs
2039 posts Fans' Favourite
In terms of rating.

90 shooting feels different from 70 shooting.

85 pace feels different from 45.

96 dribble feels different from 74

But a 90 rated pass or corner or through ball feels exactly like a 50 rated.

Is it the same for you?

Comments

• Nate
    2152 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yea been this way for long as i can remember, any player in the game can hit a perfect 40+ yard lobbed pass with ease that perfectly lands in front of the running attacker :D
  • limjitwe
    7986 posts League Winner
    Yup I totally agree. I hate it when I see someone with a 2-3* weak foot pinging a cross field or 40 yard lob pass with their weak foot.
  • hospital dogs
    It is rediculous, most useless stat.
  • Standing tackle
    Slide tackle
    Marking
    Interceptions
    Reactons
    Vision

• hospital dogs
    Standing tackle
    Slide tackle
    Marking
    Interceptions
    Reactons
    Vision

Vision i don't see.

The others, yes. Use someone like Pepe or Kante and watch those stats shine.
  • Standing tackle
    Slide tackle
    Marking
    Interceptions
    Reactons
    Vision

Vision i don't see.

If a player has decent pace, strength and aggression, those stats become irrelevant.

• hospital dogs
    Standing tackle
    Slide tackle
    Marking
    Interceptions
    Reactons
    Vision

Vision i don't see.

If a player has decent pace, strength and aggression, those stats become irrelevant.

True, I'm always disappointed.
  • tikitaka33
    2284 posts Fans' Favourite
    Agree. This is why Iniesta, David Silva, Busquets, etc are always underpowered in game.
  • Kove
    4392 posts National Call-Up
    Passing is generally useless post 80 unfortunately. Vision and Long passing might be more useful as a sub stat but the truth is that Xabi Alonso, Pirlo and Ozil don't play like they do IRL because Fellani or Dembele can do their job and their own with no difference.

• PelzyWelzy
    10298 posts Has That Special Something
    I've definitely found that once you get to the ridiculously high stats, like 99 vision etc there is a difference in the path some balls, most notably through balls, will take but other than that have to agree that the passing stat is on a whole redunant.

Honestly couldn't tell the difference between a 70 rated passer and a 90.
  • Keepthechange
    1666 posts Play-Off Hero
    In real life players like Iniesta and Silva are able to pick a killer pass when the opponent's team is parking the bus or defending with many players, this unfortunately is not possible in FIFA where most passes are easily intercepted whether it's a defender or an attacker and therefore making the passing stat less important than other stats.
  • Liam W
    2752 posts Fans' Favourite
    Would agree that passing isn't noticeable but would also add defending to that.