Coping with LAG!

Baznotsobad76
5063 posts Big Money Move
Most of us will agree that Lag and Delay are 2 of the most frustrating things we have to deal with in any online game.. But it's a major hindrance in Fifa when there's so many occasions during a match that you need to rely on your quick reflexes and hand eye coordination only to be let down by nothing happening when you press the button...

After searching YouTube and doing Google searches there's precious little information about how to actually play during those laggy games... Most searches just find many many ways of removing the lag but after trying all of them I think it's fair to say consistently getting rid of the lag is impossible...

So does anyone have any ideas or little tips on how to play in order to compete in those really laggy and delay filled games?

Comments

• Icosa_Gaming
    6803 posts Big Money Move
    Most of us will agree that Lag and Delay are 2 of the most frustrating things we have to deal with in any online game.. But it's a major hindrance in Fifa when there's so many occasions during a match that you need to rely on your quick reflexes and hand eye coordination only to be let down by nothing happening when you press the button...

After searching YouTube and doing Google searches there's precious little information about how to actually play during those laggy games... Most searches just find many many ways of removing the lag but after trying all of them I think it's fair to say consistently getting rid of the lag is impossible...

So does anyone have any ideas or little tips on how to play in order to compete in those really laggy and delay filled games?

Git gud
  • Baznotsobad76

Git gud

Well done.. You've single handedly proved the stereotype of Germans having no sense of humour to be completely untrue...

You should be on stage.. You're a natural comedian....
  • truegunn3r
    10742 posts Has That Special Something
    edited September 2017
    I don't know the difference between the two. Which one is it that doesn't let me manually switch to the correct players and shuffles my team all over the pitch? That's the one I hate the most.

Oh and to answer your question, go very linear and work for the draw. What I mean is when passing, hold the left stick towards that player for a little longer to release the correct pass. Very basic dribbling and don't try to get in congested areas.
    Post edited by truegunn3r on
  • Aqeel87
    2916 posts Fans' Favourite

Git gud

Well done.. You've single handedly proved the stereotype of Germans having no sense of humour to be completely untrue...

You should be on stage.. You're a natural comedian....

That's the only two words he knows.
  • Baznotsobad76
    truegunn3r wrote: »
    I don't know the difference between the two. Which one is it that doesn't let my manually switch to the correct players and shuffles my team all over the pitch? That's the one I hate the most.

Oh and to answer your question, go very linear and work for the draw. What I mean is when passing, hold the left stick towards that player for a little longer to release the correct pass. Very basic dribbling and don't try to get in congested areas.

Hard to say which is which... Sometimes with the delay you switch players but don't think it worked so you switch again and then it skips 2 players along...

Thanks for the advice, especially regarding holding the direction of the pass for slightly longer....

• Currieman
    5029 posts Big Money Move
    There's not a lot you can do. Just grit your teeth and hope for the best.
  • I SiR MartY I
    5958 posts Big Money Move
    Its just reactions, you have to judge the lag and try and spam the button long before the animation and pray it works.

Nothing much you can do apart from that really. Can have the best internet in the world, but if your opponent has internet powered by a toaster, you'll suffer.
  • Derryboy1893
    3595 posts National Call-Up
    Currieman wrote: »
    There's not a lot you can do. Just grit your teeth and hope for the best.

This is terrible advice do not do this can lead to serious dental problems.
    Bruxism is bad

http://www.webmd.com/oral-health/guide/teeth-grinding-bruxism
  • silverdale10
    1528 posts Play-Off Hero
    I'm just praying that FIFA 18 will be better.

It'll probably be worse.