Switch to Switch

Deadly_Dexter
444 posts Sunday League Hero
edited September 2017
I am going to give FIFA and FUT a go on Nintendo Switch. I just don't get to play games anymore and the portability of the Switch is a real winner.

I realise the gameplay will cosmetically be a downgrade and somewhere between Xbox360 and XboxOne but tbh my FUT enjoyment comes largely from packs, the market and that I spend the majority of my FUT time in the menus and not in an actual game. I have found FUT Champs unpleasant (the few times I tried) and so don't want to play that, Div1 on XB1 was also fairly sweaty most of the time. I much preferred more casual games. Anyway, I am gonna give switch a go.

I say all that only because people will likely ask or comment.

Anyway my real question is what do I need to do to switch to switch? Do I sign in with my EA account on switch? Is there even a way to link my accounts? and/or should I keep a XB1 account so I can use the webapp for a different type of playing along and to keep my unbroken service to UT on Xbox going back to game one.

I realise that might be confusing. Apologies, hope it makes sense....even if you think I am mad to try FIFA on switch...but pretty much full blown UT on the go

Comments

• I'm right there with you! The portability of fifa on the switch is a real selling point for me. It's much easier to pick up and play for a casual game, as well. I'm glad to see someone else posting about this. I honestly think it's going to be a solid edition for those who aren't as concerned with the graphics or FUT Champs.

I've had the same questions. From my understanding, we'll simply need to sign into our EA accounts on the switch. This should have the EASFC level and any FCC. I've been a bit confused though because it sounds like information is still linked to the console, but can't tell what.

I'm also really hoping they release the demo for the switch. Normally I don't care much for the demo, but I'd love to get acclimated on the new console and really get a test drive!
  • Deadly_Dexter
    edited September 2017
    Thanks for the reply. Yes I'd love to know more but information seems scarce on the game in general never mind on a new platform. Proper FIFA and UT on the go seems fantastic the web app just isn't the same as flicking around, trading and building squads on the game.

Portability in general is brilliant. My XB1 was a paperweight, I never got around to playing any games, except FIFA which I played obsessively on and off but with 2 young kids, it doesn't matter how many TVs I have it's just hard to find time and space. Switch lets me play games differently and opens them up to me again. Playing on the bus, on a lunch hour, on the toilet
  • Exactly. I was little skeptical, but as soon as I played Zelda in handheld mode for the first time I was blown away having an open world game of that scale in my hands. That's been my rotation too. I think Splatoon is a prime example of what FIFA can be. When I find a small window of time I love to pick up and play a couple games. So much easier than carving out time to sit down in front of the TV. I'll be able to browse the market and build line ups while I cook dinner! I love it.

Not to mention during the more extended time to play, the 1080p 60fps in docked mode is certainly much better than xbox360 and graphically not terribly behind XboxOne and PS4.

I guess we'll have our answers soon enough either way. I'll certainly post back if I see anything. It's just genuinely refreshing to see someone else interested in the switch version. Seems like everywhere someone posts about FIFA Switch it's followed by a thread of trolls saying the game will be rubbish.
  • Deadly_Dexter
    Yes. The console in general is worth assuming the best for imo. EA may have had misplaced steps on way which is where the cynicism comes from. If you check the switch reddit page it is crammed full of gamers and returning gamers in the same mould as us. Sure switch has lots of Japanese and western Nintendo fanboys but I think there is a huge market for adult gamers attracted to the portability and that will grow when people realise how good and convenient it is. That would drive demand for third party cross platform games. I think for EA it is a license to print money and another whole revenue stream for UT if they do it right.
  • DSD27
    5638 posts Big Money Move
    lol
  • Deadly_Dexter
    There are those who will always want the best graphics and most powerful machine but I grew up with 8-bit and NES and had a blast. Fun games, pickup and play and multiplayer are where I have had the most fun in my gaming life. 'Winner stays on' Street Fighter II, 8 player local Micro Machines, 4 player split screen Goldeneye on the N64 and FUT are the most engrossing and fun video games I've ever played.
  • I'm on the same boat! Switching from PS4 to the Nintendo Switch due to the same mentioned reasons. No demo for the Switch available unfortunately. We have to wait and to go for the full experience right away.
  • Deadly_Dexter
    Still no information on what steps to take re our EA account, I am assuming it will just work but who knows. Also assuming there isn't a webapp for switch due to user base I'd still quite like to use the webapp for Xbox and just not play games. I am sure I can arrange to play it once if that is the requirement to access it. Does anyone know?
  • Chmpen85
    714 posts An Exciting Prospect
    The Nintendo switch Dont have the new offline gameplay. Just if you havent seen that.
    You can only Access the web app until october for your Xbox account. Then you have to log in the game in console before you can used IT again
  • Deadly_Dexter
    I can probably find a way to log in on an xbox.

Switch doesn't have The Journey, I didn't like that anyway so I am fine with that. I want an ultimate team, online play and maybe a career mode for offline.
  • Nimmer
    edited September 2017
    Still no information on what steps to take re our EA account, I am assuming it will just work but who knows. Also assuming there isn't a webapp for switch due to user base I'd still quite like to use the webapp for Xbox and just not play games. I am sure I can arrange to play it once if that is the requirement to access it. Does anyone know?

I have to admit, I was tempted to switch to Switch. I've got a little one on the way so I know I'm not going to get as much time on fifa as previous years. However, I decided to switch from ps4 to PC instead. Maybe I'll switch to Switch for fifa 19.

I'm looking forward to hearing about people's experiences with it though.

Regarding account info. EA_Andy replied to a direct question I asked in the "are you ready for fifa 18" thread. I asked, "Will I still get reward packs after I switch from ps4 to PC" and he replied "Unfortunately, all that info is linked to the console itself so it'll be like starting a fresh on the PC". So, I think it will be the same for the Switch.

• Deadly_Dexter
    edited September 2017
    Cool thanks. Not a massive issue for me as I might like to play webapp on an xbox account anyway as I can still log in to an xbox with FIFA18 to keep my account.

But that complicates things a different way. Can I sign into the same EA account on both Nintendo Switch and the xbox webapp or do I need 2 different EA accounts.

@EA_Andy can you advise please?
  • Nimmer
    Cool thanks. Not a massive issue for me as I might like to play webapp on an xbox account anyway as I can still log in to an xbox with FIFA18 to keep my account.

But that complicates things a different way. Can I sign into the same EA account on both Nintendo Switch and the xbox webapp or do I need 2 different EA accounts.

@EA_Andy can you advise please?

I'm sure Andy will confirm, but I believe you will be able to use the same EA account. I can still use the same EA account on ps4 as the PC. I'm logged into Origin with the same account at the moment.
  • Deadly_Dexter
    edited September 2017
    And does your club then stay as an FUT founder if you sign in with the same EA ID?
  • gia
    3166 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 2017
    8 player local Micro Machines, 4 player split screen Goldeneye on the N64 and FUT are the most engrossing and fun video games I've ever played.
    8 player MM was amazing, sharing a pad :D
    Goldeneye might still be my favourite local multiplayer-game B)

I agree with you on the Switch as well, amazing console.
    And I'm having a blast on the virtual console on my 2ds (hope it comes on the switch as well!)
    I think I won't play FUT as much as I used to.
    Nintendo totally won me back B)
  • Chmpen85
    714 posts An Exciting Prospect

Switch doesn't have The Journey, I didn't like that anyway so I am fine with that. I want an ultimate team, online play and maybe a career mode for offline.

Cool just wanted to let you know that they didnt have the new offline mode in fut om switch
    Gl with the switch
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    11193 posts Has That Special Something
    There are those who will always want the best graphics and most powerful machine but I grew up with 8-bit and NES and had a blast. Fun games, pickup and play and multiplayer are where I have had the most fun in my gaming life. 'Winner stays on' Street Fighter II, 8 player local Micro Machines, 4 player split screen Goldeneye on the N64 and FUT are the most engrossing and fun video games I've ever played.

That Goldeneye on the N64 was one of the best games ever.
  • Deadly_Dexter
    gia wrote: »
    8 player local Micro Machines, 4 player split screen Goldeneye on the N64 and FUT are the most engrossing and fun video games I've ever played.
    8 player MM was amazing, sharing a pad :D
    Goldeneye might still be my favourite local multiplayer-game B)

I agree with you on the Switch as well, amazing console.
    And I'm having a blast on the virtual console on my 2ds (hope it comes on the switch as well!)
    I think I won't play FUT as much as I used to.
    Nintendo totally won me back B)

Yes the 8 player sharing a pad thing was surprisingly fun! A friend of mine recently found his megadrive and MM in his garage!
  • Deadly_Dexter

That Goldeneye on the N64 was one of the best games ever.

Preach!
  • Deadly_Dexter
    edited September 2017
    Chmpen85 wrote: »

Cool just wanted to let you know that they didnt have the new offline mode in fut om switch
    Gl with the switch

Thanks. I misunderstood or hadnt heard. So they are missing an FUT online bit too? What is that? Doubt it would be a deal breaker for me anyway but good to know. I only bought a switch because FIFA was being released but to be honest I am having enough fun with it and the games which are coming including Skyrim, Doom, Mario Odyssey and even Wolfenstein II that I could even live without FIFA....I won't, but I could
  • Hitman_Hatton
    14382 posts Has That Special Something

You'll need to play UT on the Xbox after a certain date, to be able to continue to use the webapp.

@EA_Andy has mentioned the cutoff point somewhere on this forum.