The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

OT: Audiobooks

Painter753
8824 posts League Winner
Any of you guys on here listen to them? I've got a pretty about an hour commute each way to go to college so I spend around 10 hours a week just driving there and back. I was thinking of trying out audiobooks but I really don't even know where to begin.

If any of you guys that do use them could offer any advice or recommend anything to me I'd appreciate it.

Thanks fellas

Comments

• Sercs
    18831 posts World Class
    Painter753 wrote: »
    Any of you guys on here listen to them? I've got a pretty about an hour commute each way to go to college so I spend around 10 hours a week just driving there and back. I was thinking of trying out audiobooks but I really don't even know where to begin.

If any of you guys that do use them could offer any advice or recommend anything to me I'd appreciate it.

Thanks fellas

not audio books, but pod casts are free and really good. Some great content as an alternative.

Audio boots wise.. I know Amazon own Audible, they have a big selection.
  • Kai9623
    6808 posts Big Money Move
    Just listen to podcasts!
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    The Ricky Gervais ones are great!
  • Orison
    52832 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    As long as they aren't shortened they are good to go. Hate the ones where you listen and suddenly they skip entire scenes and are somewhere else :D
  • Painter753
    8824 posts League Winner
    For those recommending podcasts- care to recommend any?
  • coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain
    Are you interested in History,Politics, Culture etc? Have a look at:

BBC In Our Time.

It's normally 2-3 experts in their fields discussing a topic.
  • libertao
    986 posts Professional
    I would have said Guardian football weekly, but they just lost their host and many regulars to The Totally Football Show a few weeks ago.

Ricky Gervais podcast from years ago is awesome as Dave said.

Used to listen to Judge John Hodgman a lot.

Mostly listen to politics stuff, but that is starting to get wearing...
  • Kai9623
    6808 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 2017
    Painter753 wrote: »
    For those recommending podcasts- care to recommend any?
    Depend on what you are interested in. Personally im into football and nba podcasts and there are loads of good ones on the Apple Podcast app, just search whatever you need in there and they're free as well!
    Also theres this YouTuber who does podcasts and posts them up on his channel and its all great, if you care to check it out i'll link his channel below this
    https://www.youtube.com/user/footballfan533
  • ORANGEeffect05
    23767 posts Club Captain
    +1 for podcasts, something out there for every interest. Currently listening to StartUp podcast by/about Gimlet Media.
  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    Alan partridge audio books are read by himself (steve coogan), they are brilliant.
  • coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain
    libertao wrote: »
    I would have said Guardian football weekly, but they just lost their host and many regulars to The Totally Football Show a few weeks ago.

Ricky Gervais podcast from years ago is awesome as Dave said.

Used to listen to Judge John Hodgman a lot.

Mostly listen to politics stuff, but that is starting to get wearing...

Will check this out, James Richardson's voice makes me hard.
  • Painter753
    8824 posts League Winner
    Thanks for the recommendations guys. I'll check out some podcasts on the drive home today