OT - Gig tickets

RBailss
11839 posts Has That Special Something
I pre ordered Liam Gallaghers new album which gave me access to pre-sale tickets for his upcoming tour. Me & a mate from work are looking at going so was sat on the Ticketmaster website from about 9.45am with pre-release counting down to 10am... As soon as it hit 10am, I entered my code & did the quick couple of things to prove you're not a robot, next thing I know, all the tickets are gone :(. Kept trying for the next 15-20 minutes to no avail.

Quickly go onto a couple of ticket seller websites to see a load are already up for sale at 3/4 times the price, its a serious p*** take if i'm honest. Hopefully I can get tickets in the general release on Friday as I'm desperate to see him live. Plus I've already booked my train & hotel in anticpation :joy:

Just a little rant... I'm sure some other people have been through similar things, just wondering if people have a possible solution to prevent this thing from happening in the future. The artist should want to look after its fans & not line the ticket touts pockets!

Comments

• Sanchezzzz
    3830 posts National Call-Up
    TicketMaster unfortunately is terrible for this kind of stuff. Nothing you can do unfortunately just down to luck whether you stay connected or not otherwise it all just goes to those who want to sell on!
  • ScouserChris
    3824 posts National Call-Up
    Tweet Liam :lol: he might give you some for free ha ha
  • HolgerBadstuber
    5212 posts Big Money Move
    Some artists buy a load of tickets and sell them on resale
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    edited September 2017
    Its a shameful practice and I'm genuinely amazed that TM can still get away with it.
  • RBailss
    I don't understand how their own sister site GetMeIn can sell the tickets for such profit! Think I'm gonna try & buy online direct from the venue on Friday!
  • RBailss
    Tweet Liam :lol: he might give you some for free ha ha

I wish pal :joy:
  • Diggy
    13618 posts Has That Special Something
    Saw him at Reading pretty average without his brother
  • Falafelmonster
    4816 posts National Call-Up
    Know your pain. I live in NY so every half known artist is sold out within seconds and then tickets go in the resale market. A pain in the bum
  • RBailss
    Diggy wrote: »

Maybe so but he's still someone I've always wanted to see live pal!
  • RBailss
    Managed to get tickets on a 2nd pre sale today lads! Happy days! :D
  • Summer69
    1309 posts Professional
    I hate sites like that, its my main gripe in boxing and eddie hearn, he is a shareholder (I think of stubhub), his events are sponsored by stubhub (for definite) and tickets go asap and are on stubhub within seconds at extortionate rates.

Glad you got the tickets though mate, ive seen oasis and noel a few times on his own and its always been amazing. hope liam lives up to the hype.
  • Henstock
    2692 posts Fans' Favourite
    Glad you've got some. Heard he's been slated by people because of it, surely more down to the companies than him though!
  • RBailss
    Summer69 wrote: »
    I hate sites like that, its my main gripe in boxing and eddie hearn, he is a shareholder (I think of stubhub), his events are sponsored by stubhub (for definite) and tickets go asap and are on stubhub within seconds at extortionate rates.

Glad you got the tickets though mate, ive seen oasis and noel a few times on his own and its always been amazing. hope liam lives up to the hype.

Thanks mate, can't wait... paid £80 for trains, digs & ticket so can't grumble!
  • RBailss
    Henstock wrote: »
    Glad you've got some. Heard he's been slated by people because of it, surely more down to the companies than him though!

• Zz Spireiite x
    2207 posts Fans' Favourite

thought he was amazing, my second favourite act of the festival

Unsuccessfully tried to get tickets as well, hopefully tomorrow
  • Fab
    17538 posts World Class

Haha
  • RBailss

I had pre sale then registered for pre sale via LiveNation... Me & my mate were both on the website at 10am, he managed to get through so we got two... pretty good seats too.

The general sale is tomorrow, hope you manage to get some... Maybe try going through the venues own website as opposed to ticketmaster? Where you looking at seeing him @Zz Spireiite x ?
  • Diggy
    RBailss wrote: »
    Managed to get tickets on a 2nd pre sale today lads! Happy days! :D

Congrats have fun
  • Zz Spireiite x
    2207 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yeah I had the album pre-sale and today's livenation and didnt get either, we tried for Manchester and Nottingham, where are you seeing him?
  • RBailss
    Yeah I had the album pre-sale and today's livenation and didnt get either, we tried for Manchester and Nottingham, where are you seeing him?

Going to Leeds to see him, closest one to me (Newcastle)... Dunno why he didn't do a few stadium tours? Would easily sell out Wembley.
  • Henstock
    2692 posts Fans' Favourite

Remembered seeing something about it but didn't know what haha
  • RBailss

He's just released a Newcastle date... I can't believe it :joy:
  • Diggy

He's just released a Newcastle date... I can't believe it :joy:

Goto both the trip out of town will be fun anyway