Will a World Cup game exist? Will it me any good?

henryclay1844
1085 posts Professional
Is it even possible for EA to release a full game that has no FUT-based micro-transactions?

Do they care enough about football to give this game the detail that the WC 10 or even the under whelming 14 WC game?

PES is advertised during all European qualifiers and many South American ones. Does this mean EA have managed to loose rights to qualifiers? They still have the FIFA license for years obviously.

Can a company that appears incapable or unwilling to create new stadiums create the eleven stadiums to be used in Russia? Will any of those stadiums ever appear in a FIFA game, unlike the South African and Brazilian stadiums apparently thrown away after 2010 and 2014?

Will the game give any detail to teams that don't qualify? Will there be any correct kits for the likes of Bolivia or Cameroon or Netherlands, since they won't be in Russia? WIll EA even include all the tiny teams across the world that made past games so special? Will there be any audio that will make a game in Africa or South America actually sound like those places or will it be generic as was the case in 14?

Will all we get be a FUT add on or the DLC that was current gen in 14?

Is offline gaming and global football details dead for EA?

Comments

• SteveG
    1605 posts Play-Off Hero
    I would guess an add on unfortunately , I used to enjoy the stand alone world cup games myself especially world cup 2010. I think these days it will be add on only, hope im wrong but :)
  • Azzabazza
    384 posts Sunday League Hero
    I think it'll be a standalone game. For one of the biggest sporting tournements in the world, it probably won't be an add-on for FIFA 18.
  • SteveG
    1605 posts Play-Off Hero
    Azzabazza wrote: »
    I think it'll be a standalone game. For one of the biggest sporting tournements in the world, it probably won't be an add-on for FIFA 18.

You still got your disk version of World Cup 2014?
  • henryclay1844
    1085 posts Professional
    The Brazil game wasn't as good as the 10 game, gamepaly was good for old gen, but there wasn't the same attention to detail as 10, and you couldn't even play rain games in Brazil.
  • alex1987
    5906 posts Big Money Move
    The last world cup add in for FUT was awesome.
  • henryclay1844
    1085 posts Professional
    I don't begrudge them making money in FIFA 18 off FUT world cup, I just want them to make a full WC game that is good.
  • JamieT96
    6980 posts Big Money Move
    SteveG wrote: »
    Azzabazza wrote: »

You still got your disk version of World Cup 2014?

• DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    Bigger tournament so it's 32 teams. One nation only. Huge prize for winning it. Done.
  • Hopefully it will be a stand-alone game, I always enjoy them. Should be prized at 40€ or something though not full new game price. FUT-add on was also decent at the last World Cup.
  • Pelicano
    71 posts Park Captain
    My dream scenario would be a DLC with all the teams in the world just like in Road to World Cup 98.