Put off for life

Fifa 17 has actually put me off Fifa forever...it really is a disgusting mess of a game! Some of the things that happen in this game defy all logic and belief. Fifa 18 will no doubt be no different in fact it will probably be even worse. Can't bring myself to buy Fifa 18...officially retired...a sad day I know :|

Comments

• Mr.Spireite
    1656 posts Play-Off Hero
    Fifa 17 has actually put me off Fifa forever...it really is a disgusting mess of a game! Some of the things that happen in this game defy all logic and belief. Fifa 18 will no doubt be no different in fact it will probably be even worse. Can't bring myself to buy Fifa 18...officially retired...a sad day I know :|

For me these things that are wrong became more obvious when we moved to current gen.
  • Kove
    4847 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 2017
    See you next month then.
  • RandomLhama83
    10108 posts Has That Special Something
    best decision you ever made.
  • Jarvisrj3004
    111 posts Has Potential To Be Special

For me these things that are wrong became more obvious when we moved to current gen.

EXACTLY! Specially from Fifa 15 on.
  • Ishibum
    15305 posts World Class
    '17 is my last as well. If I continue to give them my money after all the problems over the last couple of years, I am as much a part of the problem as the mooks at EA who continue to not care about the quality of the product being put out.

The EA Canada devs could learn a lot from Respawn (Titanfall 2 also published by EA) about how to engage with the community, and how to actually face up to problems
  • Kai9623
    6808 posts Big Money Move
    Kove wrote: »
    See you next month then.
    :lol:
  • Tim1982
    1169 posts Professional
    I think half the problem is that for most of us it all revolves around FUT which itself has so many bugs and gameplay issues etc. We're judging the game purely on UT but offline modes have actually been more enjoyable for me this year but I've barely touched them.

Back in the day I used to love career mode and be a pro or whatever it's called, but now spend so much time trading and playing laggy online FUT against a lot of annoying opponents who ping it around.
  • THJ71
    747 posts Semi-Pro
    Kove wrote: »
    See you next month then.

Why what's happening in October?

For what it is worth, I am also done with EA and the Fifa series as well. Way too much crap goes off in the game to even try to enjoy it
  • Bellcheddar
    1333 posts Professional
    Tim1982 wrote: »
    I think half the problem is that for most of us it all revolves around FUT which itself has so many bugs and gameplay issues etc. We're judging the game purely on UT but offline modes have actually been more enjoyable for me this year but I've barely touched them.

Back in the day I used to love career mode and be a pro or whatever it's called, but now spend so much time trading and playing laggy online FUT against a lot of annoying opponents who ping it around.

This. I'm getting fed up with it too. The horrible gameplay in the WL has pushed me to the brink, it's meant to be fun but it's genuinely stressful to play with the delay and incredibly slow, dopey players that don't move...
  • ozcs_69
    4856 posts Big Money Move
    the OP is not wrong, I sit and go through some old videos or twitch clips, all i see, for some unknown reason (glitch or exploit) the better player (or the winning side for that matter) keeps getting the ball bounced back to with no logic,
    so imagine this common scenario - all the time - for example : player 1, attacking , loses the ball and somehow the player 2 (opponent) cannot make bunch of passes right, his players can't trap the ball, then player 1 will get the ball again and starts a new attack or get an easy shot on goal,
    and EA solution to fix this issue : make the GK superman like Butland and Co or make the AI defend for you.

now go and sit and watch a premier league game, yes sometimes the game is one-sided and one team has 74% possession but mostly, its about both side trying their best and having their attacks....
  • PJazz
    2223 posts Fans' Favourite

Exactly! FUT is all about the money! that's it. The best game mode is Pro Clubs. If you get the chance to play 11 vs 11, you will never go back to FUT ;)
  • ozcs_69
    4856 posts Big Money Move
    PJazz wrote: »

Exactly! FUT is all about the money! that's it. The best game mode is Pro Clubs. If you get the chance to play 11 vs 11, you will never go back to FUT ;)

no one has issue with it be in all about money for a company , but its a service level agreement we are disputing
  • Nervous_Nick
    7194 posts League Winner
    OP is absolutely right. Fifa is not fair, it's not really competitive. I've never ever been so angry and stressed playing a video game before...I know I should quit too. It takes too much time (especially on weekends) and it's bad for my health.
    Yes I already ordered Fifa18. Icon edition, of course.

• Pieman25
    19070 posts Moderator
    I could probably take the comments more seriously if they weren't from the same people that complain repeatedly yet keep playing.
  • Currieman
    5043 posts Big Money Move
    Pieman25 wrote: »
    I could probably take the comments more seriously if they weren't from the same people that complain repeatedly yet keep playing.

Agreed. If you ain't playing then goodbye.
  • Mr.Spireite
    1656 posts Play-Off Hero

Complain or comment on repeated seen issues, there's a difference.
  • Pieman25
    19070 posts Moderator

There's no difference if you just keep playing regardless.
  • Mr.Spireite
    1656 posts Play-Off Hero

Comment on "issues" yes people still play but to deny that "issues" exist is strange. It's the I'm allright attitude that is wrong with some of the better players.

For example yesterday had the issue with 2 games where from early on they were holding ball in the corner, because some on here have never seen it happen they deny it did. It did but then someone told me how to get around it which is better than multiple posts of denial and shadow "git gud"

• Stickybelly
    2666 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited September 2017

So you are saying it is only a legitimate complaint if you then stop playing the game completely?

People have a right to complain about various stuff that's in the game that they don't feel is right whether they quit playing completely or not.
  • Mr.Spireite
    1656 posts Play-Off Hero

So you are saying it is only a valent complaint if you then stop playing the game completely?

People have a right to complain about various stuff that's in the game that they don't feel is right whether they quit playing completely or not.

People complaining/commenting is always going to happen. Theres things in the game that I am still learning in both gameplay and with trading. Not everyone is blessed from day 1 by the gods of fifa.

I would imagine that the problem is like me is that gameplay and the way that the Fifa 17 engine makes you play the game is alien to the way I want to play football. It doens't suit me and I find it hard to change, I agree with that. In the same way that the year of LB+Y felt very natural for me because that's the way i see football should be played, attack the space and exploit it.

This years version seems to be all about retaining posession.
  • TheRealMadGamer
    1920 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited September 2017
    Same ea are joke users on this forum don't help. All they do is troll one and other, instead of complaining about a product they've paid for they would rather troll other users who do complain while the defend their beloved ea sports. I'm pretty sure half of them actually work in the ea studio and the reason why nothing ever gets done is because they are to busy here trying to silence people..
  • Chubz
    3249 posts National Call-Up
    Yea never playing fifa again myself....see you all again next month :D
  • Pieman25
    19070 posts Moderator

So you are saying it is only a legitimate complaint if you then stop playing the game completely?

I'm saying if someone repeatedly complains on the same thing yet continues to play then their complain is irrelevant.
  • Pieman25 wrote: »

I'm saying if someone repeatedly complains on the same thing yet continues to play then their complain is irrelevant.

So you can't play the game unless you agree that everything in the game is 100% perfect? LOL great logic mate :D
  • Pughy30
    29803 posts Player of the Year
    OP made the exact same thread in June :joy:
    996924a19afc632d47b9b76df7f61f99.png
  • Tornado31619
    32758 posts National Team Captain
    :lol:
  • CR7_Chem
    539 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Fix the game ea
  • FIFAjunkee
    137 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    @Pieman25

When the game works it is the greatest.

You can have long periods of brilliance - even when you lose, the games feel like a battle of wit and skill.

...So when you get even longer periods of terrible gameplay what exactly does a person do? You can't play another game just for a chance you might be able to switch players, or have some shape to your team, maybe make a pass that was even close to the direction you chose. And this is where your complaint about complaints falls short. You hope you'll get that magical gameplay back ... it doesn't come, you try to play some games, it never comes, you can't turn on the great gameplay you had the week before...

So you arrive back at the FIFA forums to vent. You don't give up because you know there's a great game in there somewhere.
  • bigpokey24
    5808 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 2017

can't blame you, that button delay killed my motivation, I never enjoyed FUT champs, I even played the BETA and lets say eh bleh

crab walk, goals are all the same, low driven shot from an angle, watch all the youtubers , they all score the same goals.. Watch Fuji's highlight, all his goals are low driven shot, every single goal
  • ZizioGardo
    1438 posts Professional
    So you can't play the game unless you agree that everything in the game is 100% perfect? LOL great logic mate :D

That's not what he is saying at all.
    If you think that FIFA 17 is complete ❤️❤️❤️❤️, then why keep playing the game? If it's so god damn horrible, then stop playing ffs. We all know that FIFA 17 is no way near perfect.

I stopped playing FIFA 17 back in May because I didn't enjoy the gameplay anymore.
    I got very tired of it, so I just stopped playing the game. It's that easy.