Best Midfield

Best Attack

Best Team

Comments

• SC1967
    10652 posts Has That Special Something
    edited September 2017
    1317ef79b80a5fe335a09754ffa53c34.png

I'll keep it relatively short and sweet.

One of the best 'keepers in the world currently. In Eyzaguirre, Figueroa and Marzolini you have 3 of the best South American defenders ever. Radebe the greatest South African player of all time. Courted by Manchester United, amongst others, at his prime.

Yaya Toure was part of one of the greatest ever teams in football history - Guardiola's Barcelona. On his day he is unstoppable. Redondo's career was ruined by injuries, but he is still considered to be one of the most talented players ever in his position.

I went for the 3 behind the striker were as they a huge part of the incredible Dutch team of the 70's. They will interchange with each other and create/score plenty of goals. Cruyff, of course, in the top 5 of all time.

Then you have Fernando Peyroteo. 544 goals in 334 matches...sort of tells you what he was all about.
    Post edited by SC1967 on
  • Derryboy1893
    3561 posts National Call-Up
    LINEUP111504537672412.png

In nets, Oliver Kahn
    Centre half, Billy Wright
    Liberó, Héctor Chumpitaz
    Full backs, José Nasazzi and Marcelo

The ball winner, Claude Makelele
    The deep lying play maker, Xavi
    The advanced play maker, Adebi Pele

The free roll, Pele
    The target man, Nwankwo Kanu
    The poacher, Paulinho Alcantara
  • Selgarr
    904 posts Semi-Pro
    edited September 2017
    e2U35ys.png
  • Claret_n_blue_blood
    13986 posts Has That Special Something
    Screenshot_20170904-231021.jpg

Well balanced team, awesome attack with arguably the greatest wingers ever played. Solid midfield and defence, all round excellent team with numerous titles, world cups between them.
  • Lisbon67
    1528 posts Play-Off Hero
    screenshot_20170904_183805.png
    8/11 are among the best ever in their positions so dont need to add too much on them.
    Hugo Sanchez scored A LOT of goals, Kolo Toure is there to stop Beckenbauer from being bored, and Tim Howard is not from Europe or South America
  • xGeorgeSmithx
    5640 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 2017
    Formation - 4-1-2-1-2 (Narrow)

Starting XI:
    GvA9k61_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=high

Team Sheet:
    GK - Gilmar

RB - Javier Zanetti
    CB - Sammy Kuffour
    CB - Franco Baresi
    LB - Ruud Krol

CDM - Obdulio Varela

CM - Luis Monti
    CM - Graeme Souness

CAM - Sócrates

ST - Roger Milla
    ST - Samuel Eto'o
  • Hibee
    11673 posts Has That Special Something
    IMG_1958.jpg

2 of the greatest forwards of all time up front.

My midfield has the creativity of Platini, Ardiles and Nakamura, with Nakata providing the steel to let them play.

Key to my team is my attacking full backs Branco and Josimar. Which means I need solid no nonsense Centre Halfs in Santamaria and Goikoetxea. The lengendary Campos is in goals.
  • jamle1874
    6632 posts Big Money Move
    image.jpg
  • zl Gshock
    2438 posts Fans' Favourite
    Turns out you can add pictures to this site.
    2a85el4.jpg
    Thomas N'Kono
    Some cool quotes from Buffon on N'Kono:

"All the eyes of the world were on players like Diego Maradona and Gary Lineker, but I was mesmerised by Thomas N'Kono," said Buffon.

"It was the things he did for Cameroon during that World Cup that inspired me to become a goalkeeper myself."

Leo Junior
    Played in two world cups for Brazil, was in the team of the tournament for the 1982 edition. Left back who would later move into midfield, similar to Paul Breitner. World class in both positions

Good piece on him here from the Fifa website:
    http://www.fifa.com/fifa-tournaments/players-coaches/do-you-remember/people=252326/index.html

Serge Aurier
    A controversial player for PSG over the last few years whilst very consistent on the pitch. Was in the ligue 1 team of the season twice in his three years there. Regularly ranked amongst the top right backs currently playing.

Didi
    Didi masterminded the first two World Cup successes of Brazil and was named the best player of the tournament in 1958.

“I'm nothing compared to Didi. I'll never be anywhere near as good as he is. He's my idol, he's the guy I look up to. The very first picture cards I bought were of him,” said Pele.

Didi had a brief stint with Real Madrid but didn’t get along with the Argentine Alfredo Di Stefano. https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/fourfourtwos-100-greatest-footballers-ever-50-41?page=0,1#yJO277UrlxXpErhu.99

Jay-Jay Okocha
    The Nigerian had shown his quality months earlier at the 2002 World Cup and soon he would display those talents in a Bolton shirt, having arrived on a free transfer from PSG. If it seemed a surprising move, the 28-year-old was actually so keen to join the Trotters that he got in his car and drove all the way from Paris to get the deal done.

Okocha almost single-handedly rescued Bolton from relegation trouble in that first season, netting crucial long-range goals and dazzling the Premier League with a string of outrageous skills and showboats that embarrassed a host of opponents. For half a season, he wasn't far from being the best player in the league – even at Bolton.

He'd stay for a total of four years, assuming the role of captain and guiding Wanderers into Europe for the first time in their history, establishing himself as one of the club's greatest ever players.
    https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/fourfourtwos-100-best-foreign-premier-league-players-ever-40-31?page=0,2
  • Bhoy
    1842 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 2017
    Wow-What-a-Team-formation-tactics.png

Tried to build the side around a core of Brazil's attack from 1970. Therefore, we have a front three of Tostao, Jairzinho and Rivelinho. Two of the best wingers to play the game in Jairzinho and Rivelinho along with the man that made the side tick, Tostao. Don't underrate Tostao by the way. His name might not carry the same weight as Pele but I can confirm he's right up there with the best.

Unfortunately, Pele himself was stolen from me in an act of definace by Derryboy so I've opted for the next best thing to complete my attacking quartet, Roberto Baggio. As one of the greatest players of all time I think he's a decent enough replacement and he gets the free role that Pele would normally have.

The midfield two is a mixture of attack and defence. Zidane will make runs from deep and join attacks whereas Murdoch will operate as a defensive midfielder who tracks back and then sprays passes from deep. I'll also allow Murdoch the odd long shot attempt too as he's quite good at those.

In defence we have a solid reliable partnership of Kohler and Marquez. Both these players don't necessarily get the praise they deserve for being up there with the best defenders in the world in their prime so I thought I'd pick them over the usual suspects. The full backs on the other hand could not be more different. On the right we have arguably the greatest full back of all time Djalma Santos whilst on the left we have the absolute nutcase that is Taribo West with his green hair. He could kick a baw not bad too though so don't just dismiss him. Anyway, to cut a long story short, West and Santos will bomb up on the overlap when the two wingers drift inside.

Finally in goal, easily the best African goalkeeper ever Bruce Grobbelaar. A lot of people might not even realise he's African due to the amount of time he spent at the top level of football in a period when it was unheard of for an African to do so. One of the best keepers to play in the English top flight, he won everything with Liverpool in a 13 year spell between the sticks.
    Post edited by Bhoy on
  • Mik
    540 posts An Exciting Prospect
    20170905_193029.jpg

Yashin - Best keeper of all time.

Lauren - Part of the Arsenal invincibles.

Lucio - Bundesliga, Serie A, Champions league and World Cup winner.

Costacurta - One of the greatest Italian defenders of all time.

Cole - Another Arsenal invincible.

Park - One of Fergie's most dependable players, Premier League and Champions league winner as well as bring part of South Korea's 2002 world cup team that finished 4th.

Gilberto Silva - The third Arsenal invincible, how can I lose?

Dunga - World Cup winner.

George Best - One of greatest players of all time, plus he played for Hibs!

Didier Drogba - A modern day big game player, most notably in Chelsea's champions league victory

Rabah Madjer - One of Algeria's greatest players, won the European Cup with Porto, scoring in the final against Bayern Munich.
  • Dairee
    573 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited September 2017
    df09811b9f72298d6dc6bad48027198e.png
  • SC1967
    tenor.gif
  • SC1967
    Best Defence

3rd place, with 9 points.... @Lisbon67

2nd place, with 14 points... @jamle1874

And in first place, with a huge 29 points...

@Dairee with this back 4...
    7119881b62b1d95bdf67094120ca06c0.png
  • SC1967
    Best Midfield

3rd place, with 8 points... we have a 3-way tie!

SC1967 @Selgarr and @Bhoy

In 2nd place, with 10 points... @Claret_n_blue_blood

And in 1st place, with 23 points...

@Lisbon67
    18a7697fc4b9871d5e475c9b3cfdf9a9.png
  • SC1967
    Best Attack

3rd place, with 13 points... @Hibee

2nd place, with 24 points... @Selgarr

And in 1st place, unsurprisingly, with 30 points...

@Claret_n_blue_blood with a quite sensational front 3...
    569d79a6ccba660f4014aa0ac2506757.png
  • SC1967
    Best Team

In 5th, with 16 points... @jamle1874

4th place, with 17 points... SC1967

Starting off the top 3, with 25 points... @Hibee

2nd place, with 26 points... @Claret_n_blue_blood
    Screenshot_20170904-231021.jpg

And in 1st place, gaining an incredible 39 points...

@Lisbon67 with this team...
    screenshot_20170904_183805.png
  • SC1967
    Congrats Lisbon67, and well done to all who played.
  • Claret_n_blue_blood
    Congrats Lisbon matey, well played all. Best ive done i think, my attack helped out :D
  • Selgarr
    904 posts Semi-Pro
    Congrats @Lisbon67

Well done to all who played.

I'm happy with my midfield and attack points. I'm not crying like @zl Gshock hoped :lol:
  • Derryboy1893
    3561 posts National Call-Up
    Congrats to winners and unlucky to others, soñé great teams there
  • Bhoy
    1842 posts Play-Off Hero
    Can't argue with the team that won. It was amazing.
  • zl Gshock
    Selgarr wrote: »
    Congrats @Lisbon67

Well done to all who played.

I'm happy with my midfield and attack points. I'm not crying like @zl Gshock hoped :lol:
    :'(

Well played Lisbon
  • Lisbon67
    1528 posts Play-Off Hero
    Cheers lads, really enjoyed that draft, there were some cracking teams in there.

There were a few who seemed keen for another team mates draft if everyone else is up for it?
  • zl Gshock
    Lisbon67 wrote: »
    Cheers lads, really enjoyed that draft, there were some cracking teams in there.

There were a few who seemed keen for another team mates draft if everyone else is up for it?
    yes mate let's get a teammate draft going.
  • SC1967
    Well there's that, couple of people were up for an Under-23 only draft as well.
  • xGeorgeSmithx
    5640 posts Big Money Move
    SC1967 wrote: »
    Well there's that, couple of people were up for an Under-23 only draft as well.

I'll do either both interest me!
  • zl Gshock
    I'm literally down for whatever, just need more input from others.
  • SC1967
    We've done 8 drafts now. Mental!
  • Claret_n_blue_blood
    Under 23 draft, we need new players