Imagine how good UT would be if...

Comments

  • Painter753
    8824 posts League Winner
    In all seriousness a FUT without micro transactions at all would be garbage. The # of players on the market would decrease significantly and rare players like Pele would probably never even get packed and if they did they'd be even more expensive than they are now despite their being significantly less coins circulating. Not to mention how much more of a pain it would be to get consumables or those obscure players for SBC's as well. People that spend money help those that don't spend money.
  • tikitaka33
    2284 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited September 2017
    FUT would be more fun if there was more team variety instead of facing single league PL teams 90% of the time.
  • Pikachu
    8629 posts League Winner
    Don't understand why people are bothered about how much someone spends on fifa points, not like they asking you to pay for it. Oh actually I do understand it's jealousy

    :joy:

    Jealous of what? I could spend at least £500 on points and not even batter an eyelid, but I'm not 13 and know that there'll be 0 value to anything I invest

    Good for you. Some can spend 50 grand and it wouldn't even dent the bank balance what's your point.

    What's your overall point? I'm supposed to be jealous of something? Wealth? Virtual cards?

    My point being stop being a jealous brat because people want to spend money which they earn on fifa. As far as 0% creativity show us your tram let's see how creative it is.

    Jealous of what though!!

    I don't have a team on 17, I got SBC Totti and Gerrard then binned it! I have no interest in 18 whatsoever but it's more intrigue than anything else. Teams will only balance out into the same generic **** after a week anyway, it'd just be nice to play different teams I suppose.

    If you have no interest, are you going to buy it?
  • Keano
    12700 posts Has That Special Something
    Sanchezzzz wrote: »
    The games not even out and you're already half moaning.
    Benn wrote: »
    Some of you guys care way too much about what people do

    If people want to spend money thats their choice & that rightly gives them a head start on those that won't don't because they're putting money back into the game to get more benefits.

    Just because you don't, it doesn't mean you should be like I don't so nobody else should either...

    Ultimately, you remind me of a vegan & nobody likes them.
  • Skrt_Skrt
    4621 posts National Call-Up
    let people max out their credit cards.
  • PochBall
    17397 posts World Class
    Don't understand why people are bothered about how much someone spends on fifa points, not like they asking you to pay for it. Oh actually I do understand it's jealousy

    :joy:

    Jealous of what? I could spend at least £500 on points and not even batter an eyelid, but I'm not 13 and know that there'll be 0 value to anything I invest

    Good for you. Some can spend 50 grand and it wouldn't even dent the bank balance what's your point.

    What's your overall point? I'm supposed to be jealous of something? Wealth? Virtual cards?

    My point being stop being a jealous brat because people want to spend money which they earn on fifa. As far as 0% creativity show us your tram let's see how creative it is.

    Jealous of what though!!

    I don't have a team on 17, I got SBC Totti and Gerrard then binned it! I have no interest in 18 whatsoever but it's more intrigue than anything else. Teams will only balance out into the same generic **** after a week anyway, it'd just be nice to play different teams I suppose.
    If you have no interest in 18, you are just moaning for the sake of moaning. Don't but it, simple. Do you want me to give you some notes so you can wipe your tears with my money?
  • IDARYL
    5625 posts Big Money Move
    They delayed point opened packs for a week or two, see so many threads of people spending copious amounts of FP on the first day and it just ruins the fun IMO.

    Would be good to see a spending cap per day even.

    Can't wait to see unbelievable teams on the first day with 0 creativity!

    The games not out and you're already complaining about teams people will have :D seriously mate play career mode or don't buy the game
  • DoD_Jester
    26214 posts Player of the Year
    PochBall wrote: »
    Don't understand why people are bothered about how much someone spends on fifa points, not like they asking you to pay for it. Oh actually I do understand it's jealousy

    :joy:

    Jealous of what? I could spend at least £500 on points and not even batter an eyelid, but I'm not 13 and know that there'll be 0 value to anything I invest

    Good for you. Some can spend 50 grand and it wouldn't even dent the bank balance what's your point.

    What's your overall point? I'm supposed to be jealous of something? Wealth? Virtual cards?

    My point being stop being a jealous brat because people want to spend money which they earn on fifa. As far as 0% creativity show us your tram let's see how creative it is.

    Jealous of what though!!

    I don't have a team on 17, I got SBC Totti and Gerrard then binned it! I have no interest in 18 whatsoever but it's more intrigue than anything else. Teams will only balance out into the same generic **** after a week anyway, it'd just be nice to play different teams I suppose.
    If you have no interest in 18, you are just moaning for the sake of moaning. Don't but it, simple. Do you want me to give you some notes so you can wipe your tears with my money?

    Oh shut up fifaboss

    Everyone knows you're unemployed as **** and spend all day updating your Spurs Twitter fan page with endless drivel
  • Recardo
    9097 posts League Winner
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    In fairness I'd like to see what a year without points in general would be like and you could only open packs with coins. (Purely hypothetical of course)

    ill tell you what its like because i just did that on 17

    basically you make the game more rewarding because you have to grind so much. but then the coins you save become so valuable to you that you end up being afraid of buying players. (or being tight as dave would say)

    i spent the time i did playing fifa grinding for top players. then when i got the money i didnt buy them because the market kept dropping and i didnt want to lose my hard earnt coins. When players finished dropping i was then afraid to buy them in case they dropped more.

    The result was being stuck with a rubbish team making the game boring and fear of buying before another crash.

    so i haven't played since TOTS and ive had loads of coins just sitting there. :D

    But compare this to a season where i spent money. I do feel better about how the game went. But maybe for me im just tired of constantly watching a market that is designed to make you lose out.






  • PochBall
    17397 posts World Class
    DoD_Jester wrote: »
    PochBall wrote: »
    Don't understand why people are bothered about how much someone spends on fifa points, not like they asking you to pay for it. Oh actually I do understand it's jealousy

    :joy:

    Jealous of what? I could spend at least £500 on points and not even batter an eyelid, but I'm not 13 and know that there'll be 0 value to anything I invest

    Good for you. Some can spend 50 grand and it wouldn't even dent the bank balance what's your point.

    What's your overall point? I'm supposed to be jealous of something? Wealth? Virtual cards?

    My point being stop being a jealous brat because people want to spend money which they earn on fifa. As far as 0% creativity show us your tram let's see how creative it is.

    Jealous of what though!!

    I don't have a team on 17, I got SBC Totti and Gerrard then binned it! I have no interest in 18 whatsoever but it's more intrigue than anything else. Teams will only balance out into the same generic **** after a week anyway, it'd just be nice to play different teams I suppose.
    If you have no interest in 18, you are just moaning for the sake of moaning. Don't but it, simple. Do you want me to give you some notes so you can wipe your tears with my money?

    Oh shut up fifaboss

    Everyone knows you're unemployed as **** and spend all day updating your Spurs Twitter fan page with endless drivel
    Glorious.
  • RedArmyDoof
    1342 posts Professional
    Spending cap and EA..
    something seems wrong here
    :D
  • IDARYL
    5625 posts Big Money Move
    Don't understand why people are bothered about how much someone spends on fifa points, not like they asking you to pay for it. Oh actually I do understand it's jealousy

    :joy:

    Jealous of what? I could spend at least £500 on points and not even batter an eyelid, but I'm not 13 and know that there'll be 0 value to anything I invest

    Good for you. Some can spend 50 grand and it wouldn't even dent the bank balance what's your point.

    What's your overall point? I'm supposed to be jealous of something? Wealth? Virtual cards?

    My point being stop being a jealous brat because people want to spend money which they earn on fifa. As far as 0% creativity show us your tram let's see how creative it is.

    Jealous of what though!!

    I don't have a team on 17, I got SBC Totti and Gerrard then binned it! I have no interest in 18 whatsoever but it's more intrigue than anything else. Teams will only balance out into the same generic **** after a week anyway, it'd just be nice to play different teams I suppose.

    Your in the wrong game mode, ultimate you can use what you want to use because its your ultimate team. Play head to head choose a 3 star team and filter to match your teams rating. Sure you'll have loads of fun
  • Currieman
    4919 posts National Call-Up
    I don't like this idea.
  • Antparry92
    17525 posts World Class
    @Recardo I never spend at all anyway haha

    Basically wondering what effect it'd have on the market and the teams that people would be making. You'd see trading being much more profitable
  • ORANGEeffect05
    20308 posts Club Captain
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    @Recardo I never spend at all anyway haha

    Basically wondering what effect it'd have on the market and the teams that people would be making. You'd see trading being much more profitable

    All you can do is wonder
  • Argie8
    5732 posts Big Money Move
    literally couldnt care less if people wanna spend loads on it. I'll beat them anyway most likely
  • EddieFicio
    21281 posts Club Captain
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    In fairness I'd like to see what a year without points in general would be like and you could only open packs with coins. (Purely hypothetical of course)

    People would just buy coins and EA's profit would take a massive nosedive.

    That's a pretty dumb idea
  • Keano
    12700 posts Has That Special Something
    EddieFicio wrote: »
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    In fairness I'd like to see what a year without points in general would be like and you could only open packs with coins. (Purely hypothetical of course)

    People would just buy coins and EA's profit would take a massive nosedive.

    That's a pretty dumb idea

    ...but because they don't buy FP nobody else should be able too :trollface:
    Free player logic.
  • DoD_Jester
    26214 posts Player of the Year
    People who don't spend money on FP remember this, if no one did then there would be very few players on market and those that were would be extremely expensive, contracts would be the rarest commodity in the game, they're never be more than a few Ronaldos on the market and they'd almost surely be listed at max (remember the last time that happened?)

    I personally didn't spend a penny other than the price of the game on 17, and don't plan to on 18, but please, everyone spend as much as possible on release so the market is nice and flooded with cheap cards early
  • Antparry92
    17525 posts World Class
    Keano wrote: »
    EddieFicio wrote: »
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    In fairness I'd like to see what a year without points in general would be like and you could only open packs with coins. (Purely hypothetical of course)

    People would just buy coins and EA's profit would take a massive nosedive.

    That's a pretty dumb idea

    ...but because they don't buy FP nobody else should be able too :trollface:
    Free player logic.

    All i said was I'd like to see what would happen if people had to work for their coins and earn them that's all

    Where's the harm in that?
  • ORANGEeffect05
    20308 posts Club Captain
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    Keano wrote: »
    EddieFicio wrote: »
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    In fairness I'd like to see what a year without points in general would be like and you could only open packs with coins. (Purely hypothetical of course)

    People would just buy coins and EA's profit would take a massive nosedive.

    That's a pretty dumb idea

    ...but because they don't buy FP nobody else should be able too :trollface:
    Free player logic.

    All i said was I'd like to see what would happen if people had to work for their coins and earn them that's all

    Where's the harm in that?

    EA wallets obv
  • Keano
    12700 posts Has That Special Something
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    Keano wrote: »
    EddieFicio wrote: »
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    In fairness I'd like to see what a year without points in general would be like and you could only open packs with coins. (Purely hypothetical of course)

    People would just buy coins and EA's profit would take a massive nosedive.

    That's a pretty dumb idea

    ...but because they don't buy FP nobody else should be able too :trollface:
    Free player logic.

    All i said was I'd like to see what would happen if people had to work for their coins and earn them that's all

    Where's the harm in that?

    In a fairytale world sure that's great, but EA & FUT works off a business & the aim of that is to make as much money/profit as possible, i'd like to see a Unicorn, but neither of these things do/will exist.
  • Antparry92
    17525 posts World Class
    Keano wrote: »
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    Keano wrote: »
    EddieFicio wrote: »
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    In fairness I'd like to see what a year without points in general would be like and you could only open packs with coins. (Purely hypothetical of course)

    People would just buy coins and EA's profit would take a massive nosedive.

    That's a pretty dumb idea

    ...but because they don't buy FP nobody else should be able too :trollface:
    Free player logic.

    All i said was I'd like to see what would happen if people had to work for their coins and earn them that's all

    Where's the harm in that?

    In a fairytale world sure that's great, but EA & FUT works off a business & the aim of that is to make as much money/profit as possible, i'd like to see a Unicorn, but neither of these things do/will exist.

    I'm not saying it should happen or will happen or anything, just it'd be interesting to see how the market would play out and everything
  • Knowlesdinho
    10089 posts Has That Special Something
    Keano wrote: »
    Sanchezzzz wrote: »
    The games not even out and you're already half moaning.
    Benn wrote: »
    Some of you guys care way too much about what people do

    If people want to spend money thats their choice & that rightly gives them a head start on those that won't don't because they're putting money back into the game to get more benefits.

    Just because you don't, it doesn't mean you should be like I don't so nobody else should either...

    Ultimately, you remind me of a vegan & nobody likes them.

    I loved that last sentence!!!
  • Keano
    12700 posts Has That Special Something
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    Keano wrote: »
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    Keano wrote: »
    EddieFicio wrote: »
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    In fairness I'd like to see what a year without points in general would be like and you could only open packs with coins. (Purely hypothetical of course)

    People would just buy coins and EA's profit would take a massive nosedive.

    That's a pretty dumb idea

    ...but because they don't buy FP nobody else should be able too :trollface:
    Free player logic.

    All i said was I'd like to see what would happen if people had to work for their coins and earn them that's all

    Where's the harm in that?

    In a fairytale world sure that's great, but EA & FUT works off a business & the aim of that is to make as much money/profit as possible, i'd like to see a Unicorn, but neither of these things do/will exist.

    I'm not saying it should happen or will happen or anything, just it'd be interesting to see how the market would play out and everything

    Unless packs were a lot cheaper, it'd just mean overinflated prices & it'd ruin the market imo. this way more higher end players are packed & players are more obtainable.

    Keano wrote: »
    Sanchezzzz wrote: »
    The games not even out and you're already half moaning.
    Benn wrote: »
    Some of you guys care way too much about what people do

    If people want to spend money thats their choice & that rightly gives them a head start on those that won't don't because they're putting money back into the game to get more benefits.

    Just because you don't, it doesn't mean you should be like I don't so nobody else should either...

    Ultimately, you remind me of a vegan & nobody likes them.

    I loved that last sentence!!!

    I aim to please B)
  • LeonidasJB
    15028 posts World Class
    edited September 2017
    I don't get why people started attacking @Michael LFC 96. He just made a theoretical suggestion. He didnt go off on one about people spending FP. There was no signs of jealousy or anger. He was just making a topic of conversation.
    I personally would like a 2 wk block on FP to help stop me spending £100-£200 on FP in first wk!!
  • Michael LFC 96
    3711 posts National Call-Up
    LeonidasJB wrote: »
    I don't get why people started attacking @Michael LFC 96. He just made a theoretical suggestion. He didnt go off on one about people spending FP. There was no signs of jealousy or anger. He was just making a topic of conversation.
    I personally would like a 2 wk block on FP to help stop me spending £100-£200 on FP in first wk!!

    Appreciate the words man, people love ganging up on here though, always have and always will!
  • Absting159
    6657 posts Moderator
    edited September 2017
    I just want to see something implemented like Hearthstone just did; for every $20 of packs opened. . .coins or money; you get a legendary card.

    FIFA correlation: for every $20.00 of packs opened via coins or money you get 1 85+ card (in other words a top 100 player as we can see from the 100-81 player ratings). Mind you, regular pack weights still exist. I've gotten a few extra nice pulls on Hearthstone in between.

    This WOULDNT breakt the game and atleast you'd get people you can trade or use occasionally.
  • RadioShaq
    14884 posts Moderator
    They need to go back to a system like the bid tokens or something where you only get to trade and hour a day. That way you can get more rewards from playing the game.
  • deang07
    8025 posts League Winner
    Let ppl play hw they want lol and enjoy the game hw u want , asking ea to cap what ppl spend with them is as usefull as a chocolate teapot i spend a fair bit cos i can afford to yet i always do a 2nd team of players won in wl draft ect , i enjoy both ways but as theres so much going on in fut now ie wl and sbcs etc i like to have a lil bit at the beggining to get going if ppl want to spend its up to them stop hating
Sign In or Register to comment.