3 Days Early Access Question

TriggerMike
6339 posts Big Money Move
So, having bought the Ronaldo edition off the Xbox store, i'll be able to access the game on the 26th of this month, but my question is what do I do for those 3 days?

I suck at FIFA and imagine that most of those playing in those 3 days will be players who are actually decent at the game so do I just play FUT and suffer a lot of defeats, or shall I start my Journey mode and just trade to get some coins built up? I've never played FIFA early so really unsure what to do in those 3 days as I'd prefer to wait until all the better players play some games and get into the higher leagues before I attempt to play FUT :D

Comments

• BRISTOL86
    9316 posts League Winner
    Are you planning on buying any fifa points?
  • TriggerMike
    BRISTOL86 wrote: »

Not planning on it as I want to try and just earn coins from trading, games and the packs I get with the edition i've bought...but I say that every year and usually buy some lol
  • Enigma8784
    1823 posts Play-Off Hero
    Offline draft if you have some coins to spare seems to be a good way to start. I'm in the same boat as you and don't fancy getting wholloped every game. Journey won't give you many packs though and players are expensive at the start so maybe offline seasons or tournaments to give you a headstart
  • BRISTOL86
    9316 posts League Winner
    edited September 2017

Not planning on it as I want to try and just earn coins from trading, games and the packs I get with the edition i've bought...but I say that every year and usually buy some lol

If you do buy points then the way to maximise what you get is by playing draft. Even offline, you'll end up with double the amount of packs you'd get just buying them in store. So if it were me then I'd think about doing that. I've never played online draft but did a few offline at the start of last year and you definitely get more packs for your FP than just buying the packs outright.

If you don't buy points then just play and trade. Make sure you unlock everything you can from the catalogue and sell it (kits/balls whatever) as well as fhe coin boosts.
  • TriggerMike

If you do buy points then the way to maximise what you get is by playing draft. Even offline, you'll end up with double the amount of packs you'd get just buying them in store. So if it were me then I'd think about doing that. I've never played online draft but did a few offline at the start of last year and you definitely get more packs for your FP than just buying the packs outright.

If you don't buy points then just play and trade. Make sure you unlock everything you can from the catalogue and sell it (kits/balls whatever) as well as fhe coin boosts.

I think offline drafts make sense for me tbh. My pack luck has always been awful (best pulls were from SBC on FIFA 17) so think I may just add some FP for drafts.

Any idea when the FIFA 18 webapp is being released because I may get a decent card in the packs we normally get at the start? I'd assume middle of this month?
  • Metab0lic
    435 posts Sunday League Hero
    Does the Icons edition give you 3 full days, or is it the same as having EA access and it's just 10 hours, 3 days early?
  • SteveG
    1605 posts Play-Off Hero
    whats the rewards for winning offline draft normally like?
  • BRISTOL86
    9316 posts League Winner

I think offline drafts make sense for me tbh. My pack luck has always been awful (best pulls were from SBC on FIFA 17) so think I may just add some FP for drafts.

Any idea when the FIFA 18 webapp is being released because I may get a decent card in the packs we normally get at the start? I'd assume middle of this month?

Yeah but even really average pulls are worth a lot more at the start. That's why if you're going to open packs it makes a lot more sense right when the game comes out.

Web app release will be around the 18th/19th based on previous years timescales.
  • BRISTOL86
    9316 posts League Winner
    Metab0lic wrote: »
    Does the Icons edition give you 3 full days, or is it the same as having EA access and it's just 10 hours, 3 days early?

3 full days. No time limit.
  • BRISTOL86
    9316 posts League Winner
    SteveG wrote: »
    whats the rewards for winning offline draft normally like?

Think I read that he usual reward is 2 x 7.5k packs and 1 x 15k packs but they can be better.

So even if that's what you get that's basically 4 x 7.5k packs which is twice as many as 300FP gets you in the store
  • TriggerMike

Yeah but even really average pulls are worth a lot more at the start. That's why if you're going to open packs it makes a lot more sense right when the game comes out.

Web app release will be around the 18th/19th based on previous years timescales.

Yeah that makes sense. So when is the best time to sell and buy? Sell before the 29th when the market will get flooded?
  • DSD27
    5791 posts Big Money Move
    play the single player starter tourament, do Manager tasks, Start the lower divisions, it's not harder and it doesn't hurt, you won't go lower than div 10 :joy: buy coin boosts from teh catalog.
  • BRISTOL86
    9316 posts League Winner
    edited September 2017

Yeah that makes sense. So when is the best time to sell and buy? Sell before the 29th when the market will get flooded?

I'd sell anything worth less than about 5k straight away to give me a base to trade with and hold anything better until the game has been fully out a few days as prices normally rise in general following release.

Don't take this as gospel, there's way too many factors now that skew the market (SBCs etc) but I personally wouldn't sell anything 10k or over until a few days into full release, unless you're desperate for coins.
  • Metab0lic
    435 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yeah from memory last year the worst you could get would be 4x 5k packs.

Most got 15k + 2x 7.5k packs for an offline win, as an average reward
  • TriggerMike
    DSD27 wrote: »
    play the single player starter tourament, do Manager tasks, Start the lower divisions, it's not harder and it doesn't hurt, you won't go lower than div 10 :joy: buy coin boosts from teh catalog.

I'd likely still struggle against the teams in the starter tourny :D
  • TriggerMike

I'd sell anything worth less than about 5k straight away to give me a base to trade with and hold anything better until the game has been fully out a few days as prices normally rise in general following release.

Don't take this as gospel, there's way too many factors now that skew the market (SBCs etc) but I personally wouldn't sell anything 10k or over until a few days into full release, unless you're desperate for coins.

I may just keep everything and do the drafts. The cheaper players will do me for a starter team when I start playing FUT seasons and it gives me time to continue to story of Alex Hunter and hopefully get his FUT card lol
  • BRISTOL86
    9316 posts League Winner
    I'm gonna play an offline draft later so I'll post back with the rewards @TriggerMike
  • If somebody has 75 to 100k FP, is offline draft actually worth it? Like it would take weeks to play all the drafts where as if you just have a blowout on packs you end up with a base to build from in the early stages.
  • TriggerMike
    I'm gonna play an offline draft later so I'll post back with the rewards @TriggerMike

Ok pal, cheers.
    If somebody has 75 to 100k FP, is offline draft actually worth it? Like it would take weeks to play all the drafts where as if you just have a blowout on packs you end up with a base to build from in the early stages.

Not everyone will have that amount of FP though...if you have that amount then i'd assume you're not bothered about what you get you'll end up with a nice amount of coin either way...
  • Claicon
    2314 posts Fans' Favourite
    As a new player who never played FUT or FIFA I would suggest you to play a lot of games (offline) so you can handle the mechanics in an online match. Just do some kick-off and some FUT offline seasons/torunaments.
  • TriggerMike
    Claicon wrote: »
    As a new player who never played FUT or FIFA I would suggest you to play a lot of games (offline) so you can handle the mechanics in an online match. Just do some kick-off and some FUT offline seasons/torunaments.

I've played FIFA and FUT before...
  • Icosa_Gaming
    6803 posts Big Money Move
    invest for the upcoming september epl potm
  • BRISTOL86
    9316 posts League Winner
    edited September 2017
    @TriggerMike did two offline drafts and got the same reward both times. So essentially two extra 7.5k packs for enduring 2.5 hours of tedious offline gameplay.

79d57a214270280fdb7be2aef089252a.png

Best pull was Schneiderlin. Not a great advert for offline draft!!
  • TriggerMike
    @TriggerMike did two offline drafts and got the same reward both times. So essentially two extra 7.5k packs for enduring 2.5 hours of tedious offline gameplay.

Hmmm, but when my pack luck is so bad anyways, i'm used to rubbish packs. I'm trying to tempt a mate into getting the Ronaldo edition so we can play friendly seasons and i'll just use the boosts against him to earn so easy coins.

Thanks for testing it out anyways mate.
  • BRISTOL86
    9316 posts League Winner

Hmmm, but when my pack luck is so bad anyways, i'm used to rubbish packs. I'm trying to tempt a mate into getting the Ronaldo edition so we can play friendly seasons and i'll just use the boosts against him to earn so easy coins.

Thanks for testing it out anyways mate.

No probs
  • I sold my fifa 17 copy so I cant check how much FP cost. whats the most FP you could get for £40-50?
  • Fab
    19737 posts Club Captain
    I sold my fifa 17 copy so I cant check how much FP cost. whats the most FP you could get for £40-50?

• Hitman_Hatton
    14382 posts Has That Special Something
    edited September 2017
    I sold my fifa 17 copy so I cant check how much FP cost. whats the most FP you could get for £40-50?

6-7k on the basis that £80 = 12k
  • I sold my fifa 17 copy so I cant check how much FP cost. whats the most FP you could get for £40-50?
    Fab wrote: »

yes fab. stalking me

6-7k on the basis that £80 = 12k

ah thanks 6-7k should probably be enough if i get the ronaldo edition.