Bobby Firmino did it too so no comment :joy:

No but in fairness, both idiots but at least nobody was injured eh
  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    edited September 2017

Firmino was a bloody idiot.

Imagine driving round a city centre in a range rover at 3am on christmas eve and not expecting to be pulled over.
  • Diggy
    13618 posts Has That Special Something
    Peter wrote: »

Imagine driving round a city centre in a range rover at 3am on christmas eve and not expecting to be pulled over.

Anyone who gets behind the wheel in that condition is an idiot
  • dylwms
    2306 posts Fans' Favourite
    Must of been on the way home from seeing a granny
  • Henstock
    2692 posts Fans' Favourite
    Diggy wrote: »
    Peter wrote: »

Anyone who gets behind the wheel in that condition is an idiot

• Rutta
    6136 posts Big Money Move
    Shame as he was looking rejuvenated the 1st 2 games. Everton must be fuming.

What a waste
  • MattDaddy V1
    1601 posts Play-Off Hero
    I love how certain press are now jumping all over this saying this the real reason Barkley stayed at Everton. Rooney facing a possible prison sentence so Everton keeping Barkley as a back up. Never going to happen, he'll get a slap on the wrist, fine & points on his license at worst. Seriously they need to make an example of these 'role models' after all if it is true he broke the law and should be punished. We don't need anymore Lee Hughes.
  • Michael LFC 96
    3711 posts National Call-Up
    I love how certain press are now jumping all over this saying this the real reason Barkley stayed at Everton. Rooney facing a possible prison sentence so Everton keeping Barkley as a back up. Never going to happen, he'll get a slap on the wrist, fine & points on his license at worst. Seriously they need to make an example of these 'role models' after all if it is true he broke the law and should be punished. We don't need anymore Lee Hughes.

Must admit when I saw the headline I had a feeling that was why he pulled out of the medical, obviously won't get banned or anything though
  • KingLionel10
    15006 posts World Class
    Drink drivers should be jailed
  • Davey Sprockett
    4366 posts National Call-Up

Agreed!

There is always potential for harm, themselves, or worse utterly innocent bystanders.

Some people have a built-in self destruct button, made millions, lovely wife, adored by everyone and yet still they can't control themselves.

Pfffftttt

• dylwms
    2306 posts Fans' Favourite

Rooney... Prison sentence? Get a grip, he'll get slap on the wrists and a ban
  • IDARYL
    5625 posts Big Money Move

With these footballer lawyers he'll be getting compensation because or the embarrassment its caused him
  • MattDaddy V1
    1601 posts Play-Off Hero
    dylwms wrote: »

Rooney... Prison sentence? Get a grip, he'll get slap on the wrists and a ban
    I know Rooney won't get a prison sentence just slapped wrists I even typed it in my original comment, I'm just fed up with 'Celebrities/Role Models' getting away with stuff us normal people could get sent to prison for. That fella from towie/mic or whatever junk it is slaps his gf and nowt happened. Players drink driving and still playing and earning stupid amounts etc. Just look at that South American Gk, chops up his missus and feeds her to the dogs and gets a few years in prison and now he's now playing again. If a normal person had done that they'd chuck them in prison and throw away the keys.

But then again as @IDARYL said, get the right lawyer and the accused becomes the victim.
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17212 posts World Class

And people who kill someone while doing it definitely should.
  • coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain
    Just get a taxi. Multi millionaire ffs
  • mjs4p
    11088 posts Has That Special Something
    I can't understand why this ever happens!

If I can call an Uber anytime I need a ride, how can pro athletes not figure this out.
  • DoD_Jester
    26218 posts Player of the Year
    edited September 2017

And people who kill someone while doing it definitely should.

Well If anyone deserves a slap on the wrist it's the dude who gets drunk and plows a mother of 2 at speed

Hang on, I've gone off post here, what were we talking about again?
  • coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain
    mjs4p wrote: »

If I can call an Uber anytime I need a ride, how can pro athletes not figure this out.

If Rooney wasn't a professional player, he'd be unemployed and in a gang imo
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    coatsy2008 wrote: »

If Rooney wasn't a professional player, he'd be unemployed and in a gang imo

If I wasn't unemployed and in a gang I'd be a professional footballer.
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    edited September 2017
    Who is stupid enough to think he'll go to prison for this? He didn't hit anyone or crash.
  • Davisto
    6138 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 2017
    DaveSaves wrote: »
    Who is stupid enough to think he'll go to prison for this? He didn't hit anyone or crash.

Either a fine or fine + driving ban
  • Sean2On
    1101 posts Professional
    What's the penalty for "drink driving" in England?

In the US it's about 10-20k worth of fines, license susspension and possible jail time.
  • Keano
    12760 posts Has That Special Something
    Love Rooney but the fact he's done that when he's trying to revive his career as a new club etc is just idiotic. Not to mention the fact it's just a straight up dangerous thing to do regardless, someone needs to be made an example of but the problem is money/status talks & so the likelihood of a judge actually giving one of these idiots jail time (or more than a few points & a fine that they can pay in one week) is pretty slim.
  • Reus
    22440 posts Club Captain

Because alcohol impairs brain function
  • CeeQue
    10800 posts Has That Special Something
    Where were his mates in all this? Were they pissed drunk also not to say "Hey man let get you an Uber/Lyft".
  • TheBlackShadow
    471 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yeah I know just found it funny.
  • Agent Murhawk
    8197 posts League Winner
    Can anyone tell me why it's drink driving instead of drunk driving?
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    Can anyone tell me why it's drink driving instead of drunk driving?

Just because you've had too much to drink doesn't mean you're drunk.