Squad Battles

DanSmith89
400 posts Sunday League Hero
Can anyone explain what this new feature is?

I have read it on the FIFA Website but it doesn't really make sense to me..

Comments

• Aidennes
    476 posts Sunday League Hero
    Squad Battles is vs the AI in sets of matches. Using your fut squad play a set of 4 games (think you can refresh for a new 4 every few hours) Higher difficulty means higher available points to increase your rank. Ranks are a bit like weekend league tiers with bronze 3 starting with either 90 or 100% of all players getting these points moving up to 3% of players for Elite 1.
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    Basically offline weekend league isn't it?
  • Aidennes
    Sort of... Much more games available to play against the computer though and rewards arent as good.
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    Aidennes wrote: »
    Sort of... Much more games available to play against the computer though and rewards arent as good.

I can't find much info about it. Is there anywhere where the finer details are confirmed? I.E

- Can you play it any time?
    - How much variety is there on the AI team?
    - Rewards?
    - Format? I.E. is it a qualifying tourney then a bunch of games like Fut Champs?
  • Alp_2760
    1952 posts Play-Off Hero
    From what I gathered, you can play it anytime.
    They have various teams up at any one time.

Varying from youtubers, to pro fifa players and celebrities. These will change, giving you new teams to play against. Not sure how frequently.

No idea on rewards. You accumulate points though within whatever time frame they give and your points dictate what your rank would be and your prizes.

Don't believe there is a qualifier. From the video clips, just looks like you come and go, build points up and at cut off, get your rank.

• Aidennes
    BRISTOL86 wrote: »

I can't find much info about it. Is there anywhere where the finer details are confirmed? I.E

- Can you play it any time? YES
    - How much variety is there on the AI team? Varied a lot. Loads of different squads hybrids etc... each of the 4 update every few hours to new teams with custom tactics already installed.
    - Rewards? Tiered rewards, they are alright for single player rewards but not good compared to weekend league.
    - Format? I.E. is it a qualifying tourney then a bunch of games like Fut Champs?
    No qualifying as it runs all the time even over weekends. just play as many as you can to get a better rank.

- Going off what I played in the beta... ^
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    Cheers guys. Sounds like a welcome diversion when you don't fancy online.
  • DanSmith89
    i can't see it being very popular tbh, Offline is so boring,

It is weird how 10 years ago players used to sift through entire careers just playing the AI, but with the rapid delivery of online gaming, it had made playing against the computer so redundant.

I think that with all of the advances in FIFA over the years, they should have been able to make playing the AI more enjoyable as it really is a painful experience.

They don't play the game like real humans and have a very robotic style which is incredibly boring to play against.
  • MisterRux
    921 posts Professional
  • ZLFC
    369 posts Sunday League Hero
    The rewards look amazing, 40k + 2 mega packs for elite 1 seems easy if you still get a decent amount of skill points per game.
  • DanSmith89
    it is easy of course but its just so boring, not worth it imo
  • Rajivvv86
    1500 posts Play-Off Hero
    I'm looking forward to it. Seems pretty cool.
  • Aidennes
    Thing is the rewards may seem decent from footage etc. But the amount of people that will be playing it might shift the reward tiers up a lot so it might be a bit more difficult to hit the elite reward tiers.
  • Summer69
    1341 posts Professional
    will this only be run on weekends like the WL?
  • Summer69 wrote: »
    will this only be run on weekends like the WL?

Think this will run thru the week instead of divisions so that leaves the weekend for weekend league to play...that's what am doing anyways
  • I wonder if the players you get in packs are tradeable. Would be worth it in first few months with weak starter teams and getting used to new gameplay
  • SergiuLive
    3170 posts National Call-Up
    I think it's a good move from EA, give good rewards for players playing offline to keep the servers free, but still have them play a lot.
  • Alp_2760
    1952 posts Play-Off Hero
    I think it's a brilliant edition. More so now that there's a bit more information. Not so much my cup of tea but I'll probably play it during the week, between WL and to boost the rewards, rather than play seasons.

Will be good for people who can't qualify for WL or simply don't have the time to.

There's even more opportunity to earn packs and coins. Given a lot of games micro transaction models actually making it almost essential to pay money, they've done a good job in making it very free to play friendly.
  • alex1987
    5541 posts Big Money Move
    How many games does a week in Fut squad battles contain anyway?
  • Aidennes
    edited September 2017
    alex1987 wrote: »
    How many games does a week in Fut squad battles contain anyway?

A lot... I saw some leaderboards on the beta saying they'd played upwards of 50 games... of which I'd expect it to increase a lot when the full game is out. IMO you'd probably have to play around 20/30 games at least to even be in with a sniff of getting elite tier. - you get a set of 4 games but I think you are able to have an opponent update every 3/4 hours.
  • woggyboy86
    1556 posts Play-Off Hero
    BRISTOL86 wrote: »

- Can you play it any time? YES
    - How much variety is there on the AI team? Varied a lot. Loads of different squads hybrids etc... each of the 4 update every few hours to new teams with custom tactics already installed.
    - Rewards? Tiered rewards, they are alright for single player rewards but not good compared to weekend league.
    No qualifying as it runs all the time even over weekends. just play as many as you can to get a better rank.

- Going off what I played in the beta... ^

Looks like I'll be playing more offline this fifa. If what I've read is true and fifa 18 turns into.an all out pace war then I'd rather keep my nerves down and play offline as boring as it can get