How much is FIFA 18 do you think?

Ggggoooopppp
1188 posts Professional
What do you think about a price of FIFA 18? I do not ask about the price itself. It is known. I ask about your opinion regarding the price. How much it should be do you think?
But let's be honest. Everyone want to get it free and be happy. It's not about the sense of this thread. Tell really how much it deserves to be paid for. Though if you think tightly it should be cost zero so write it as is.

Speak about standart edition and currency is $ to simplify answers.

Comments

• JHiL
    905 posts Semi-Pro
    edited August 2017
    I play FIFA the whole year so I guess I would pay $250 for it.
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1188 posts Professional
    I think FIFA 18 should be sold for $15. This is the price I would buy it at the start.
    Because I'm a Career Mode player. This mode has not been changing significantly since... I don't know, 2013 maybe. All I will pay are rosters and kits. It costs 1/4 of the full price I think.
  • leon1309
    3969 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 2017
    JHiL wrote: »

:D FFS 250 for glorified patch? No wonder EA does not really change (or fix) things much...

30 EUR would be the sweet spot IMO.
  • ZizioGardo
    1381 posts Professional
    I think FIFA 18 should be sold for $15. This is the price I would buy it at the start.
    Because I'm a Career Mode player. This mode has not been changing significantly since... I don't know, 2013 maybe. All I will pay are rosters and kits. It costs 1/4 of the full price I think.

But FIFA 18 is more than just Career Mode. There is a lot of modes in FIFA 18 that you can waste a lot of time on. $60 is a fine price when you compare how many hours you can waste with all the different modes compared to any other standard game. A lot of people play the game throughout the whole year. A $60 dollars pricetag is justified IMO.
  • JHiL
    905 posts Semi-Pro
    leon1309 wrote: »

:D FFS 250 for glorified patch? No wonder EA does not really change (or fix) things much...

Weekend League plus SBC is the best addition ever to FIFA and I'm looking forward to play again in the WL and make money from SBCs. And now also Squad Battles and Daily Objectives, Weekly Objectives.

€250 for Ultimate team with Weekend League, SBC, FUT Draft, Daily Knock-outs, Squad Battles, Daily and Weekly Objectives. So much content, it's incredible. And it's not pay to win because EA awards the players who are good at this game.

FIFA 17 was brilliant imo and if FIFA 18 is a boosted version with smoother gameplay plus new additions etc I'm willing to pay €250.
  • leon1309
    Yes all that is fine...but the gameplay issues Just dont really get fixed...and some have been know for atleast 3 seasons now (example: Player switching - if it is not like that on purpose, but Will not get into that one)...there is just no excuse for it...and with the amount of money they make on fut alone they really should implement more localized servers (it would probably fix a lot of issues a lot of us have with the game).

Therefore broken core mechanic means less worth for me (what is the Point of all those shiney things when gameplay is broken or close to?)...
  • RadioShaq
    14702 posts Moderator
    Fut should be free cause people spend so much. Career mode should be $60. That's how other companies sell games and ea should follow suit.
  • Pelicano
    66 posts Park Captain
    The price should be lower than a full fledge game like Horizon zero dawn, which I played recently and loved. This is because we are paying for updated menu visuals, kits and roosters, some sprinkle of innovation which is not always welcome by all the players and a re-balancing of gameplay, where the types of plays and dribbles that were OP in the previous edition are toned down and new OP moves and dribbles arise. There is not pursuit for a perfect game, just a mere update. I also agree with the idea of selling the game as separate game modes. I personally only play FUT, Online Seasons and Kick-off mode, so I would be happy to pay less for a game which does not include pro clubs, the journey, career mode and all the other stuff that I do not use.
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1188 posts Professional
    ZizioGardo wrote: »

But FIFA 18 is more than just Career Mode. There is a lot of modes in FIFA 18 that you can waste a lot of time on. $60 is a fine price when you compare how many hours you can waste with all the different modes compared to any other standard game. A lot of people play the game throughout the whole year. A $60 dollars pricetag is justified IMO.

Okay, I do not argue over your opinion. You think $60, okay.
  • Gromit
    3349 posts National Call-Up
    It should be £10 to £15 less than the average AAA rate game. As it's pretty clear a at least 50% of the game is identical to not only the last game but even 2 or 3 previous games. Like commentary, menus, game modes.

• pekkaa88
    6024 posts Big Money Move
    whatever other games cost..
  • bberger
    4666 posts National Call-Up

Weekend League plus SBC is the best addition ever to FIFA and I'm looking forward to play again in the WL and make money from SBCs. And now also Squad Battles and Daily Objectives, Weekly Objectives.

€250 for Ultimate team with Weekend League, SBC, FUT Draft, Daily Knock-outs, Squad Battles, Daily and Weekly Objectives. So much content, it's incredible. And it's not pay to win because EA awards the players who are good at this game.

FIFA 17 was brilliant imo and if FIFA 18 is a boosted version with smoother gameplay plus new additions etc I'm willing to pay €250.

are you getting paid for posting stuff like this? 17 was nowhere near fine and 18 is the same garbage all over again. They didn't even fix or address bugs let alone introduce new features?
  • RadioShaq
    14702 posts Moderator
    250 isn't that bad. Someone just posted they were buying 100k or so fp. Some even spend $10,000 on fp.
  • Gromit

How can 17 be brilliant?

14000+ cards
    20+ Leagues

And 80% of players are playing EPL with Butland, Smalling, Shaw, Walker, Kante, Eriksen, Martial, Mane and any others to fill the gaps.

Most generic, ridiculous FUT to date. It's staggering how people are blinded by SBC and WL rewards.

FUT is a cash cow for EA and the least interesting and enjoyable it's ever been.
  • TeamRem
    2341 posts Fans' Favourite
    Gromit wrote: »

How can 17 be brilliant?

14000+ cards
    20+ Leagues

And 80% of players are playing EPL with Butland, Smalling, Shaw, Walker, Kante, Eriksen, Martial, Mane and any others to fill the gaps.

Most generic, ridiculous FUT to date. It's staggering how people are blinded by SBC and WL rewards.

FUT is a cash cow for EA and the least interesting and enjoyable it's ever been.

Why is it EAs fault that the community lacks any and all wherewithal to pick creative teams? To be sure, BPL has the most special cards, but the community has made the decision to ignore plenty of good content in lieu of picking what's easy.

The average forumer plays this game for hundreds of hours a year, myself included. I don't see why that wouldn't reflect that this game is similarly worth hundreds of dollars.
  • SeanDCFC
    2372 posts Fans' Favourite
    I
    bberger wrote: »

are you getting paid for posting stuff like this? 17 was nowhere near fine and 18 is the same garbage all over again. They didn't even fix or address bugs let alone introduce new features?

FIFA 18 isn't out yet, how do you know this?
  • Gromit
    None of these **** even care about the game anymore.

All anyone cares about is the rewards. I think these kids are just addicted to pack opening that they can't see the wood for the trees anymore.

How anyone can think 17 is not just fine but actually good or great and think 18 is going to be amazing is beyond me.

The game has descended to the lowest of the low.

It's a game, it should be fun, and ultimately not taken too seriously.

When it's got to the point people are throwing 3 figure sums or greater. Playing ultra D, shielding in the corner. Only using a small number of players because they're too afraid to lose in case they don't get their reward and their little buzz from pack opening. Or obsessing about their FUT net worth and win ratio. Something is very wrong.

This game has totally lost the plot. Like a large number of folk here.
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1188 posts Professional
    SeanDCFC wrote: »
    I

Announcements? Didn't hear.
  • leon1309
    Gromit wrote: »
    None of these **** even care about the game anymore.

All anyone cares about is the rewards. I think these kids are just addicted to pack opening that they can't see the wood for the trees anymore.

How anyone can think 17 is not just fine but actually good or great and think 18 is going to be amazing is beyond me.

The game has descended to the lowest of the low.

It's a game, it should be fun, and ultimately not taken too seriously.

When it's got to the point people are throwing 3 figure sums or greater. Playing ultra D, shielding in the corner. Only using a small number of players because they're too afraid to lose in case they don't get their reward and their little buzz from pack opening. Or obsessing about their FUT net worth and win ratio. Something is very wrong.

This game has totally lost the plot. Like a large number of folk here.

Sadly have to agree with most of the above (and just the fact it is forbidden here to talk about packs being gambling says a lot aswell)...
  • alex1987
    5298 posts Big Money Move
    These threads get weirder and weirder.
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    3239 posts National Call-Up
    I've thought about it for a while. Still have no idea what to think of the question you've posed. :confused:

Game companies put a price tag on a game, the consumer buys it. Depending on how many buy the game they make x amount or lose x amount. Not sure what else to say...
  • Denisianes
    8059 posts League Winner
    I've thought about it for a while. Still have no idea what to think of the question you've posed. :confused:

Game companies put a price tag on a game, the consumer buys it. Depending on how many buy the game they make x amount or lose x amount. Not sure what else to say...

He is just trying to instigate some more hate towards fifa. The usual.

I don't care what price they put on it. In the end I always buy it for around 40-50 euro one way or another so I guess that's the price I would put on it. You can ask that question for any game and it will be equally stupid.
  • SuPeRz
    876 posts Semi-Pro
    FIFA should adopt an in app purchases model. So basically buy kick-off mode at a base price of $10 and then charge between $10 and $15 for each additional mode. So for someone like me, I would play Journey and seasons H2H only.. it should cost me something like $10 + 15+ $10 = $35. They can have a special with all features for $60 etc. This way ppl don't have to pay for the other 5 modes they don't ever play all year round...I shouldnt be paying $60 yearly for zero changes to seasons and just roster and minor graphic updates.

This way there is choice and the potential to make even more money by selling to more customers cuz of the lower entry point and then up selling additional features. If someone decides late on to play another mode, all of a sudden they can pass the $60 mark that person would have paid and make more money etc. Win win win... FUT would still cost $15 additional and they can continue to charge those players for additional packs etc.
  • the_boss_gurveer
    1962 posts Fans' Favourite
    They should release a new game every 2 years. and a patch/DLC every 1 year.
    But I know that ain't gonna happen
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1188 posts Professional
    Denisianes wrote: »

He is just trying to instigate some more hate towards fifa. The usual.

You're wrong. But it's your full right to think as you perceive it.
  • DSD27
    5629 posts Big Money Move

• Ggggoooopppp
    1188 posts Professional
    SuPeRz wrote: »
    FIFA should adopt an in app purchases model. So basically buy kick-off mode at a base price of $10 and then charge between $10 and $15 for each additional mode. So for someone like me, I would play Journey and seasons H2H only.. it should cost me something like $10 + 15+ $10 = $35. They can have a special with all features for $60 etc. This way ppl don't have to pay for the other 5 modes they don't ever play all year round...I shouldnt be paying $60 yearly for zero changes to seasons and just roster and minor graphic updates.

That's a brilliant idea!
    They could managed this by editions:
    Full Edition is $60.
    Career Mode Edition is $20.
    FUT Edition is $35.
    And so further. In game any other modes would be disabled but you can open them buying.
    It will be never happen :disappointed:
  • Arayas
    229 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    50 euro for an update, not a whole new game, just an update, it's way to much. For some people in Western Europe or USA maybe not, but numerous players live in countries where the majority of workers have 200-250 euros per month or even less.

The best situation:
    20 euro for FIFA ONLINE only;
    20 euro for FIFA CAREER (or FIFA Manager or whatever)

every year a new DLC with updates at the same price as above, for both games.

That will be cool?
  • SeanDCFC
    2372 posts Fans' Favourite
    SeanDCFC wrote: »
    I

Announcements? Didn't hear.

What announcements said that fifa 18 is the same as fifa 17 and that they didn't fix bugs? Some people love being negative for the sake of it.
  • Mini_Miudo
    9953 posts Has That Special Something
    Its current price is about right.