Fifa 18 Icons

LittleAnt
1201 posts Professional
Any idea how these are brought out? all 3 versions from the off, or are they staggered based upon rating/chronological order?

Comments

• GoodnightIrene
    4195 posts National Call-Up
    Iirc the final highest rated version can only be packed at certain times and can be obtained through SBCs, where most people assume you will have to put the 2 lower rated versions through.
  • Hody
    945 posts Semi-Pro
    Iirc the final highest rated version can only be packed at certain times and can be obtained through SBCs, where most people assume you will have to put the 2 lower rated versions through.

Which sucks completly and will make even the lower next to unaffordable. Also there are only 16 icons at the moments (16 * 3 versions) - sucks sucks sucks
  • Sodan70
    1375 posts Professional
    Hody wrote: »

Which sucks completly and will make even the lower next to unaffordable. Also there are only 16 icons at the moments (16 * 3 versions) - sucks sucks sucks

Pretty sure there will be more icons than 16. And who knows the requirements for any SBC in 18? Maybe it will be any icon ..if you need the two lower rated ones then it will be impossible.
  • Hody
    945 posts Semi-Pro
    Well they said in the EA Showcase at time of the MLS all star game, that's it going to be a previous version of the icon.

At the moment there a lots of current Legends missing, Georgie Best all the Germans like Matthäus, Lehmann, Effenberg also no Crespo or Veron - very strange
  • Bellcheddar
    1333 posts Professional
    Hody wrote: »

Yeah completely agree with this. Shouldn't be surprised though it's EA we are talking about here. Why Carnt you just pack any variety of the icon? Not that I would even get a sniff of one of those with how disgusting awful pack weightings and my luck, but it would be nice to think you had a chance. Imagine the requirements in the SBC to get that highest rated Ronaldo (fat) for example lol....
  • Hody
    945 posts Semi-Pro
    Well, I think it's a bit the method of IFs or other special cards. Before you'd just buy an Legend and would be good to go until probably TOTS - when TOTS players are actually better than your Legend.

Like the way they do it now, its like if the Icon hat Inform cards, like this prices will go up like crazy. Also if they dont release more Icons, the market will be very stiff. Now even if you did not have so much coins, you could still afford a lesser Legend like Solskjaer, Valderrama or Hierro and have a blast. But now, there are almost none lesser ones left and I imagine a Pele, Ronaldo, Guillit, or Maradona will be expensive as ❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • Wooly1203
    3650 posts National Call-Up
    I really hope that they just release all three versions of each player straight from the start and don't make them impossible to obtain
  • Nogin182
    2294 posts Fans' Favourite
    Still no scholes?
  • RadioShaq
    20560 posts Moderator
    Rather it's sbc or off the market they are going to be expensive one way or another.
  • Hody
    945 posts Semi-Pro
    Wooly1203 wrote: »
    I really hope that they just release all three versions of each player straight from the start and don't make them impossible to obtain

Prime Version will only be available through SBC or in packs during the time of that SBC - so no
  • Tornado31619
    34656 posts National Team Captain
    Nogin182 wrote: »
    Still no scholes?