The game that's forced me out of FIFA 17...

Probably not buying FIFA 18, but it's has nothing to do with the game itself. Just spending too much time playing in general. However, this is the match that closes my FIFA 17:

8G13tvU.jpg

It literally meant nothing to me. Didn't play WL this week, qualified every week until I didn't care to play anymore. This just happens way too many times...

Comments

• Just_Unfair
    4343 posts National Call-Up
    Brutal ending to a dominating game...with out being a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ and saying git gud...he did finish his chances well
  • limjitwe
    10003 posts Has That Special Something
    Cmon we always have these kinds of games.
  • LiamSully
    7985 posts League Winner
    That could easily be one of my games lately :joy:

How many saves did his GK make?
    (I always check that after a game like this)
  • leon1309
    4220 posts National Call-Up
    Typical fut game IMO and has nothing to do with finishing ability...
  • tommyh10
    880 posts Professional
    leon1309 wrote: »

This. Im pretty certain when it comes to one on ones theres a certain randomness about whether you score or not and its nothing to do with finishing. There is no way after 2000 games I dont know where to aim the thumb stick
  • snoikdonk
    1504 posts Play-Off Hero
    Brutal ending to a dominating game...with out being a **** and saying git gud...he did finish his chances well

How do you know the oppo didn't get 2 scummy OGs?

OP, I played one game last night, a simple singles match that had similar stats and a similar scoreline against me. I don't really mind the bizarre results the game throws out a lot of the time but as I'm so used to them now but it would be nice to feel I was in control of my own destiny. That doesn't happen with FUT.
  • LiamSully wrote: »

A ton...in three separate flurries, his GK stopped 2 point blank shots. One intially and one rebound.

I'll say this, these type of matches happen to me quite often and I'm rarely on the other end. I rarely win games from the other side. I've been in matches where I'm aware that I've received some "help", but I'm still within a few shots of the opponent and I rarely get dominated in possession.

Items of note:

I have a full Special card USA side. His team was predominantly rare golds with a couple IF mixed in.

This was a promotional match for me to move to Division 1.
  • Quinn87
    1898 posts Fans' Favourite
    LiamSully wrote: »

Have you noticed goalkeepers very very rarely man of the match? I've had goalkeepers make 15+ saves and get like a 7 rating. I think I've only ever seen 1 motm
  • SStubbs88
    417 posts Sunday League Hero
    Was his keeper Butland?

Or maybe Begovic, Reina or Valdes?
  • Bueller769
    831 posts An Exciting Prospect

Yup, looks pretty regular.

Especially if you're going for promotion in divisions. Or playing an inferior squad.
  • BurntHelmet
    527 posts Sunday League Hero
    Bueller769 wrote: »

Yup, looks pretty regular.

Especially if you're going for promotion in divisions. Or playing an inferior squad.

• Sykesy
    4458 posts National Call-Up
    Every man and their dog has faced that on WL most weekends several times per day
  • Sykesy wrote: »
    Every man and their dog has faced that on WL most weekends several times per day

I've never been on the winning side of that type of match. I'm often on the losing end.
  • limjitwe
    10003 posts Has That Special Something
    IMG_6156.jpg

Games like these? I think I managed to win 1-0 or 2-1 in the end, but my opponent's butland was insane
  • Delboy13710
    9987 posts Has That Special Something
    Games like that you litteraly have to walk the ball in to score . Like litteraly. But saying that this happens in real life football aswell pretty much all sports, I'm pretty sure the elite find a way to win these type of games (not saying the game aint broken btw ) just that it does happen
  • Bueller769
    Sykesy wrote: »

15-20% of games in WL I reckon.
  • SeaDawgBob
    1019 posts Professional
    what was his team? All Golds?
  • Bueller769
    SeaDawgBob wrote: »
    what was his team? All Golds?

Such a team would seem to lead to results like these.