Below ave player with 24k fp for Fifa 18...

Mace_Windu
94 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Best way to spend.

Hi gang, moving back to my spiritual home of PS4 and I will have 24k points to start FIFA 18 with a leg up.

I'm a below ave player not once getting to the WL and only once winning draft and I hover around div 4 / 6 in seasons.

I'm just asking what would you do day 1 with 24k fp. I'm getting the 3 day early access, so do I just go balls out and open packs or do I play draft and see if I can win at least 2 games?

On the subject of packs, are they all as bad as each other or are the 5000 gold better value than 7500?

I'm tempted to use some doing the bronze pack method but isn't risky and slow?

Before I get bombarded with the mug or get gud or I wouldn't spend a penny, let's assume you've already said it, everyone thought you were witty and move along

Comments

• Nate
    2153 posts Fans' Favourite
    If you don't think you can do well in online draft, offline is always an option, you're guaranteed the best reward in offline as you can choose the lowest difficulty which only effects match coins slightly. I think its always a 15k pack + a 7.5k pack for 300FP so you're getting an extra free pack. It will also help because you'll be using all your 1k coin boosts for these games without wasting contracts on anyone.

But some players absolutely hate offline and I don't blame them, FIFA do make it boring as possible to play the AI most of the time :D
  • Tim1982
    1169 posts Professional
    edited August 2017
    Just a note regarding packs - if you sell the players around the time an SBC comes out you'll likely make profit. Even random silver cards sometimes sell for thousands.

I never bothered with SBCs but now I'm working my way through the Japanese league and make profit on every single team. Usually get at least on valuable (over 2k) player in each pack. Just use Futbin and ignore the expensive clubs (I.e. Atletico, Real, Barca for the la liga one) and you've basically got packs that pay for themselves.

So basically packs are now far better value than they were before!

(Yeah I know I'm stating the obvious!!)
  • Woodersinho
    628 posts An Exciting Prospect
    @Nate has nailed it - best value would be offline draft with coin boosts activated. If they've got some decent promo packs available (i.e. 50k packs and above) then that might be worth a shot too, wouldn't bother with Bronze Pack Method though - it's tedious & tiresome plus I don't think you can use FP on bronze packs
  • Skinz2k15
    209 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    As above if you can grind through offline draft you'll get more packs than simply buying them from the store but personally I cannot stand offline play. Maybe a mix of online draft and buying from store and see what results you are getting? As far as packs go I always feel that just out of the choice of 5k and 7.5k packs it's worth going for the 7.5k packs as you get the 3 rare cards as opposed to 1.
    The BPM is slow but has a lot of value over the course of the year due to sbc's. when I have done a little of this then I feel it's only worth buying the 400 coin packs so you won't need FP for these...
  • Mace_Windu
    Nate wrote: »
    If you don't think you can do well in online draft, offline is always an option, you're guaranteed the best reward in offline as you can choose the lowest difficulty which only effects match coins slightly. I think its always a 15k pack + a 7.5k pack for 300FP so you're getting an extra free pack. It will also help because you'll be using all your 1k coin boosts for these games without wasting contracts on anyone.

But some players absolutely hate offline and I don't blame them, FIFA do make it boring as possible to play the AI most of the time :D

Cheers pal. TBH, I forgot you could play offline so it's a definite possibility to earn cash and I'm guessing Maradonna is going to be cheap
  • Chavez
    2666 posts Fans' Favourite
    hmm never thought about draft .. seems like a good way to get started indeed.. Was planning on spending some $$ on day 1 (also have the 3 days extra) so release would be on 23(?) but doing the drafts might be a better way of spending the FP then plain out buy packs.
    Plus having the coins boosts, you'll get some nice coins pretty fast..

I dont understand the contracts part though? Dont you use contracts in offline draft?
  • Mace_Windu
    Thanks all gang.

Some really helpful stuff.

I'm on my way hopefully to being able to afford Maradonna's "hand" so far. Guess I could still score a ton with it
  • Jobiwan
    3836 posts National Call-Up
    Chavez wrote: »
    hmm never thought about draft .. seems like a good way to get started indeed.. Was planning on spending some $$ on day 1 (also have the 3 days extra) so release would be on 23(?) but doing the drafts might be a better way of spending the FP then plain out buy packs.
    Plus having the coins boosts, you'll get some nice coins pretty fast..

I dont understand the contracts part though? Dont you use contracts in offline draft?

No as you pick players from their choices you dont use your own players...
  • Chavez
    2666 posts Fans' Favourite
    omg... duh... sorry.. blond moment!
    :o:o:o
  • JigglySte
    3269 posts National Call-Up
    Think I'm only putting 12k on, but I'll be spending it wisely on 40 online drafts.
  • Mssingno
    1081 posts Professional
    Silver packs
  • Ishibum
    15305 posts World Class
    Not jumping on the "git gud" bandwagon here but have you done any of the skill games this year? Having a stacked team (especially at the beginning) helps but will only take you so far.

And yeah, if you have the time, grind offline draft
  • wade_7_
    4581 posts National Call-Up
    Mace_Windu wrote: »
    Thanks all gang.

Some really helpful stuff.

I'm on my way hopefully to being able to afford Maradonna's "hand" so far. Guess I could still score a ton with it

Only bit you need!
  • CeeQue
    15561 posts World Class
    If you have time just go Offline draft. Who really cares about records right. If you don't just blow them all on packs. I usually go all gold with a few silver packs. Some silvers at the start are worth more then gold players.
  • wade_7_
    4581 posts National Call-Up

This is actually a really good idea!
    I was only gonna trade for the first month or so and not play, but this also gives you a chance to try out alot of cards to help settle on a decent team.
    Well played @Nate
  • Nate
    2153 posts Fans' Favourite
    wade_7_ wrote: »

This is actually a really good idea!
    I was only gonna trade for the first month or so and not play, but this also gives you a chance to try out alot of cards to help settle on a decent team.
    Well played @Nate

Np @wade_7_ /others!

Yea it really does help early on as you waste no fitness or contracts while you stack up packs and use your coin boosts while getting to try high end players on whatever difficulty you like. Tbh you can put it on the lowest difficulty and catch up on shows/movies after you score a few goals lol :D
  • Usaid123
    767 posts Semi-Pro
    What methods did you lot use this FIFA?
  • Yegoala
    47 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Intrigued by everyone saying draft best way to go - can definitely see the benefit. I usually put a minimum of 12k on ready for the transfer to the new game, may up to around 18k and split between packs and drafts.

Also going to try my best to avoid SBCs as much as possible this year - ended up with loads of POTM players like Sterling and Costa that I barely used and the coins would've been much better elsewhere