What happens when 17 "ends"??

Tim1982
1146 posts Professional
Hi folks,

Sorry for the daft thread but I could do with advice as I'm planning to stick with 17 for the next year - as I have an amazing squad and don't want to start again yet.

I guess I can still get online games (divisions) no problem but wondering what happens to the transfer market?

Do people bother to sell up before 18 or do players become rare all of a sudden cos they're in people's clubs?

Again daft question, but presumably I can still open packs - there just won't be any new TOTW or promo packs etc?

Any general advice much appreciated!

Comments

• krakos000
    17477 posts World Class
    I've kept my players from 16 for gens, keeping my players for 17 too. Just in case I want to go back and try em out again if I can't afford them(if they even get TOTS/icon cards)in 18.
  • fluffymnuffy
    12536 posts Has That Special Something
    Just start over there will be literally no cards on the market and no one playing seasons
  • Tim1982
    1146 posts Professional
    Just start over there will be literally no cards on the market and no one playing seasons

Thanks @fluffymnuffy I guess I can just go back and play offline when I miss my legends team. It's just that I've spent so much time and effort trading (I'm like 26th overall for profit) and I want to spend time enjoying all my players, Gullit et al!

But you're right, no point if I can't get a game!
  • Libguy
    4855 posts National Call-Up

Wat

I bet I could get a game within a couple minutes on FIFA 15 if I fired it up right now. The market for sure settles down, but there will still be plenty of players on the market. Plus you can sell like a regular gold contract for 500 coins.
  • Tim1982
    1146 posts Professional
    Libguy wrote: »

Wat

I bet I could get a game within a couple minutes on FIFA 15 if I fired it up right now. The market for sure settles down, but there will still be plenty of players on the market. Plus you can sell like a regular gold contract for 500 coins.

Ha thanks @Libguy I'll stock up on contracts then - though tbh I'm so loaded (skint in real life!) that I can try out pretty much any player I want except Pele! :smiley:

I just feel I haven't had value for money out of the game yet, and I'm really not very good so need a year to practice before 19! I must be mad!
  • Libguy
    4855 posts National Call-Up

Wat

Don't get me wrong, you'll probably enjoy yourself more if you're playing FIFA 18 with everybody else, but the old games don't die to such an extent that you can't play them.
  • Tim1982
    1146 posts Professional
    Yeah it's gonna be weird coming on here and seeing what I'm missing out on. I guess I'll be on the Webapp as soon as it's released then find a way of affording 18. Never know, might pack Gullit in the first week! :smiley:
  • AreGrande
    764 posts Semi-Pro
    Is Gullit still good at this stage of the game? There are quite a lot of higher rated midfielders (I think I have 8 or something that's higher rated than him).
  • Koolfashion
    2656 posts Fans' Favourite
    Gullit is the best midfielder in the game.
  • Knowlesdinho
    10574 posts Has That Special Something
    You will still get games. The transfer market will still be active but it will cost you more to buy players, contracts etc.

I couldn't stand FIFA 16 so played 15 all last year and never had problems finding games. It also became profitable to open premium gold packs because of demands for contracts and fitness. I mainly opened silver packs though to maximise profit.

All of this was on PC which has less players than Xbox so it will be better for you.
  • BLXmasta
    792 posts Semi-Pro

Wat

^^^^This

The required consumables (Contracts/Fitness cards) become rarer so more expensive so stock pile these, I nipped back to FUT 16 the other day to play with my legends and found 3 games in season very quickly, top end rare player cards were still there albeit a little more expensive but alot of the special cards were extinct

• Hibee
    12066 posts Has That Special Something
    One thing is that no one knows if the current legends will even be in the game. Unless I missed this confirmed somewhere? So you may never get to use your legends again.
  • VICTAAAA
    10779 posts Has That Special Something

Him and Vieira are first names the team sheet, accept no imitators. Gullit's size, versatility, skill and hair are unmatched.
  • Diggy
    13634 posts Has That Special Something
    VICTAAAA wrote: »

Him and Vieira are first names the team sheet, accept no imitators. Gullit's size, versatility, skill and hair are unmatched.

Valderama wins in hair sorry 99 hair for Carlos 97 for Gullit
  • MattDaddy V1
    1623 posts Play-Off Hero
    Hibee wrote: »
    One thing is that no one knows if the current legends will even be in the game. Unless I missed this confirmed somewhere? So you may never get to use your legends again.

Seeing as EA don't like giving out ANY info about legends/icons these days it's a case of wait & see I'm afraid. Although I've think they've confirmed Rio & Owen.

Did see an article from one of the youtubers with a smidge of inside knowledge (can't remember who it was, it was either chuboi, spencer or Castro) saying several of the low tier legends (86 rated crew) weren't coming back.)

To OP, I still get games on 14,15 & 16. For some reason when the new game launches there is 'usually' an influx of new players on the old game and after about a month once the hype of the new game dies you get a influx of returning players who are fed up of the new game. All packs become profitable. I've went from 70k to 500k in a week on FIFA 16 just on bronze packs a few weeks back lol. Everything sells eventually, especially contracts, player & squad fitness. It'll be interesting to see how SBC's effect the market on 17 once 18 hits if they carry them on. People might just buy all cheap bronzes and sbc them into golds because prices on gold players will be insane.
  • Tim1982
    1146 posts Professional

Seeing as EA don't like giving out ANY info about legends/icons these days it's a case of wait & see I'm afraid. Although I've think they've confirmed Rio & Owen.

Did see an article from one of the youtubers with a smidge of inside knowledge (can't remember who it was, it was either chuboi, spencer or Castro) saying several of the low tier legends (86 rated crew) weren't coming back.)

To OP, I still get games on 14,15 & 16. For some reason when the new game launches there is 'usually' an influx of new players on the old game and after about a month once the hype of the new game dies you get a influx of returning players who are fed up of the new game. All packs become profitable. I've went from 70k to 500k in a week on FIFA 16 just on bronze packs a few weeks back lol. Everything sells eventually, especially contracts, player & squad fitness. It'll be interesting to see how SBC's effect the market on 17 once 18 hits if they carry them on. People might just buy all cheap bronzes and sbc them into golds because prices on gold players will be insane.

Thanks @MattDaddy V1 and everyone that's really helpful info!! :smiley:
  • Santiago
    21531 posts Club Captain
    It's gonna be terrible when you see everyone playing FIFA 18.

• sido1968
    1317 posts Professional
    I only started any FIFAs in January 15 with FIFA 15, took me a while to figure out markets etc then price ranges came in and it was basically learn again. Kept playing 15 when 16 came out as wasn't bothered as my team (Rangers) weren't in it. Made a killing scrolling to 59 minutes picking up bargains on players and consumables and finished with full TOTS/TOTY squads for all the major leagues and a full legends team including bench and reserves by the time 17 came out.
  • Hibee
    12066 posts Has That Special Something

Never saw that article. Iv made sure I have kept some of the old school legends like Valderamma, Michael laudrup etc in my club just in case. Zola has also been my go to CAM for a cpl of years so would be a shame to see him go.
  • Mantequilla
    996 posts Professional

????????
  • Tim1982
    1146 posts Professional
    Ha cheers @sido1968 I've got 50 legends and now aiming to get a squad of TOTS! I like making themed squads like classic Milan, France 98 and Premier League 95-00!

Any others you recommend?
  • MattDaddy V1
    1623 posts Play-Off Hero

Never saw that article. Iv made sure I have kept some of the old school legends like Valderamma, Michael laudrup etc in my club just in case. Zola has also been my go to CAM for a cpl of years so would be a shame to see him go.

@Hibee

https://www.easports.com/uk/fifa/ultimate-team/fut-icons

Just scroll down think it's about the 3rd article on that page, big pic of Rio above the article so hard to miss lol.

Owen, Rio & ADP confirmed. Have started by own little collection across the games just for gens but my lord are they pricey :joy:

(Especially Romario lol)
  • sido1968
    1317 posts Professional
    Not sure re 17, prices haven't dropped so much because of sbcs and have no idea how the market will go when 18 comes out. I also bought 14 when 16 was out and made a killing just buying world cup packs. Have all gold players bar messi and ronaldo and a full TOTS/IF Atletico team. Squad fitness on 14 go for around 3k coins even bronze. Rare gold contracts around 1k and non rare gold 600. Rare gold healing only 400 tho. In 15 it's different, 1600-2k squad fitness, 1300 rare gold contracts, about 7-800 non rare and around 1000-1400 rare healing.