Transfer Profit - how's it calculated?

Tim1982
1146 posts Professional
Hi guys,

This is a bit sad of me but can someone explain how it's worked out? If I sell a player I packed does the whole value get added?

I'm currently in the top 30 overall, just wondered if I can still make number 1! Not that it means anything, just shows I'm a wally who spends too much time trading!

Cheers!

Comments

• Rutta
    6136 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 2017
    Yeah selling contents of packs counts towards profit. I'm sure buying packs deducts your profit also.
  • Frankenberry
    10214 posts Has That Special Something
    It is only affected by actions on the transfer market (e.g. packing cards, discarding coins for coins, etc. have no effect).

Basically, any purchase you make on the transfer market is deducted from your transfer profit. Any card you sell (at 100% of the sale price) is added to your transfer profit. The big problem there is that it doesn't account for the 5% tax.

For example, if I buy a card for 950 coins, and then sell it for 1000 coins (resulting in me getting 950 back, after tax), the 'Transfer Profit' will increase by 50 (even though I have essentially made no increase/decrease to my net wealth. For this reason, it becomes very skewed in favor of users that are flipping expensive cards, because even though their profit margin per sale (after tax) might be relatively low, your Transfer Profit is increasing astronomically because it doesn't account for the tax.
  • Diggy
    13631 posts Has That Special Something
    Yes it is all added to transfer profit including the tax you pay
  • Tim1982
    1146 posts Professional
    It is only affected by actions on the transfer market (e.g. packing cards, discarding coins for coins, etc. have no effect).

Basically, any purchase you make on the transfer market is deducted from your transfer profit. Any card you sell (at 100% of the sale price) is added to your transfer profit. The big problem there is that it doesn't account for the 5% tax.

For example, if I buy a card for 950 coins, and then sell it for 1000 coins (resulting in me getting 950 back, after tax), the 'Transfer Profit' will increase by 50 (even though I have essentially made no increase/decrease to my net wealth. For this reason, it becomes very skewed in favor of users that are flipping expensive cards, because even though their profit margin per sale (after tax) might be relatively low, your Transfer Profit is increasing astronomically because it doesn't account for the tax.

Thanks @Frankenberry that's a great explanation. Now I understand why I'm so high up (though it's all relative) as I flip Legends - I was making between 80k and 120k a day actual profit though I've eased off recently.

Either way I've made an absolute killing from trading legends this year - it's been so easy with the prices fluctuating with relative predictability the last few months. I imagine the 25 people above me have made much of their profit from selling SBC players which is a gold mine.

Thanks again for your clear explanation!
  • RedArmyDoof
    1342 posts Professional
    I remember in 15 i used to cheat the system to get ahead of my friends.
    Would buy stuff for 190k then flip for 200k, resulting in 0 loss/gain, but 10k gain on the TP.
    Such a flawed system. Ended year with like 12Mil TP
  • VICTAAAA
    10778 posts Has That Special Something
    Tim1982 wrote: »

Thanks @Frankenberry that's a great explanation. Now I understand why I'm so high up (though it's all relative) as I flip Legends - I was making between 80k and 120k a day actual profit though I've eased off recently.

Either way I've made an absolute killing from trading legends this year - it's been so easy with the prices fluctuating with relative predictability the last few months. I imagine the 25 people above me have made much of their profit from selling SBC players which is a gold mine.

Thanks again for your clear explanation!

Good chance the top 10 guys are spend wayyy more than you. I agree with you on legends, Matthaus was a delight to flip on weekends.