OT: Xbox controller warranty

xHerdie
5692 posts Big Money Move
So coming up on one year owning my Xbox One. The controllers RB button has popped off and basically have to use tape to get it to work

does anyone know if the one year warranty covers this? or do i just go out and buy another controller?

Comments

• samthederbyram
    1541 posts Play-Off Hero
    xHerdie wrote: »
    So coming up on one year owning my Xbox One. The controllers RB button has popped off and basically have to use tape to get it to work

does anyone know if the one year warranty covers this? or do i just go out and buy another controller?

Warranty covers this
  • xHerdie

Warranty covers this

awesome thanks! do i need to do it online or can i just go to a Microsoft store?
  • samthederbyram
    1541 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited August 2017

Warranty covers this

awesome thanks! do i need to do it online or can i just go to a Microsoft store?

I've always returned them to the store that I bought them from although I am in the uk a couple of times I've had to send it to Germany for an exchange with ups for the record I've returned maybe upwards of 25 controllers in 3 years with 99% of them being the left analogue stick bring the issue
  • xHerdie

Warranty covers this

I've always returned them to the store that I bought them from although I am in the uk a couple of times I've had to send it to Germany for an exchange with ups for the record I've returned maybe upwards of 25 controllers in 3 years with 99% of them being the left analogue stick bring the issue

appreciate the info, thanks! thats crazy though the amount of times youve gone through them haha
  • BRISTOL86
    9316 posts League Winner
    Thanks for the reminder to get my annual free controller!
  • Orison
    76784 posts Icon
    Can go through the Microsoft page, they will send you a shipping label and you can send the controller in with ups
  • xHerdie
    Orison wrote: »
    Can go through the Microsoft page, they will send you a shipping label and you can send the controller in with ups

How long does it take to get the new one? Only have one so won't be playing in the meantime (not like I play much now anyway)
  • Orison
    76784 posts Icon
    Orison wrote: »

How long does it take to get the new one? Only have one so won't be playing in the meantime (not like I play much now anyway)

Depends how fast it gets there, they will send you another email when the new controller gets send out. For me it usually takes 1-2 weeks.

I have 2 Controllers, one I bought back in the day and the other one I got with the Xbox One S, both are covered under the xbox warranty so I can always send one in and keep playing with the other.