Anybody bit fed up with FUT after all this years?

Comments

• tikitaka33
    2284 posts Fans' Favourite
    After playing other ultimate team modes on other games, I realized how little freedom we have in team building on FUT. EA need to do something to the core mechanics in FUT to freshen it up a bit. It is getting pretty stale.
  • Gromit
    3333 posts National Call-Up
    tikitaka33 wrote: »
    After playing other ultimate team modes on other games, I realized how little freedom we have in team building on FUT. EA need to do something to the core mechanics in FUT to freshen it up a bit. It is getting pretty stale.

All It needs is a sensible database where one league doesn't dominate, this is new to 17, no single league has dominated before. This is mostly down to pace, the other leagues like Bundes and La Liga have less than 4 strikers with 85+ pace, the EPL in contrast has over 20!

And we DESPERATELY need to have GOLD SILVER and BRONZE modes, this immediately opens up THOUSANDS of cards and millions of team combinations.

Despite new modes and better gameplay 17 is beyond stale in comparison to past games.
  • PJazz
    2198 posts Fans' Favourite
    First year and already fed up :lol:
  • Hitman_Hatton
    14382 posts Has That Special Something
    PJazz wrote: »

:(
  • Pieman25
    14897 posts Has That Special Something
    PJazz wrote: »

You made a thread just days ago about the FIFA 18 Calcio ratings ffs.
  • AFC AJAX NR 1
    12522 posts Has That Special Something
    edited September 2017
    FIFA has been pretty much dead for me this year, I only played FUT anyways if I played FIFA 18.

However, the reason I bought FIFA 18 is because of icons (legends) finally coming to PS4 so I hope that might be somewhat interesting.
  • Fred is Bae
    1353 posts Professional
    Nope. Hyped for Fifa 18 and love FUT still. The only other thing I do on Fifa is Pro Clubs, as FM is way better for career/manager.
  • KeepItUp
    1295 posts Professional
    Yup, that's why I skipped 16 and back for 17, was going to skip 18 but I have to get it for the new legends (aka icons)
  • MaxxyMousse
    309 posts Sunday League Hero
    Max. stamina should be 80 in order to avoid unrealistic 90 minutes high pressure.
  • Kove
    3929 posts National Call-Up
    My thoughts about FUT can be summarised by this image
    10-somi_009.gif
    ...no PES doesn't count
  • Denisianes
    8059 posts League Winner
    Only thing I hate is the ultra tryhard, life or death play style that 90% of people use. Other than that it's pretty neat. People complaining that only players in EPL = OP are just trying to find something to whine about, cause there are plenty of amazing players in other leagues.
  • aladdin
    636 posts An Exciting Prospect
    first year in ages that i haven't pre-ordered. it's just not that fun anymore
  • Claret_n_blue_blood
    12813 posts Has That Special Something
    Kove wrote: »
    My thoughts about FUT can be summarised by this image
    10-somi_009.gif
    ...no PES doesn't count

A more simple time and less stressful gaming back in the day, brings back good memories
  • Currieman
    4901 posts National Call-Up
    I think certain aspects of it are a bit stale. WL is a great addition but they could do so much more with it and they haven't changed anything as far as I can tell on it. I for one don't give a flying **** about the "Champions Channel" either.

They have also just completely abandoned Seasons, cups etc. which is a shame because these modes could be revamped a bit to make them really good.

Just seems to me that EA are really really lazy.
  • chosenone
    2324 posts Fans' Favourite
    I quit the game a few months ago. I've had every fifa since 96 and this one has done it for me. I haven't ordered the next one yet and it doesn't look like I will.
  • omarnyc
    3440 posts National Call-Up
    Well they used to make money by seliing the copy of fifa series, but past few years they make more in ut mode. So they are not bothered with the "whole game". only with what brings them money. Just a business for ea. I d defo go for pes if they had licences, due to improvements.
    But unfortunately it ll be another year where i buy ea product and thats why they don't really care
  • Angy
    2624 posts Fans' Favourite
    Bored myself. Would probably not buy Fifa 18 (first fifa game I am skipping).
  • Korthan
    2392 posts Fans' Favourite
    Gromit wrote: »

In fact Bronze and Silvers became my favourite. Really cheap to build loads of teams and great fun to find hidden gems.

12,13 and 14 were a blast despite whatever gameplay flaws. 15 was just **** full stop and 16 saw the decline of Bronze and Silver with 17 killing it off completely.

Now alls left is an ultra competitive, gold only,
    EPL only farce of a game where 90% of the cards are only used in SBC.

This.

• holdenwait
    52802 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    Another 1500-2000 games will be played I'm sure
  • Korthan
    LennySUFC wrote: »

I find the gameplay to be so boring and repetitive. I know that if at 70mins it's 0-0 and I am dominating, hitting the post multiple times etc I will lose 1-0 to their one shot. It's not ability, it's literally balancing and I see threads posted here every day saying the same!

It's also become stupid with the pack weights. I have spent a lot on packs (Stupid I know), and bar TOTS Kane and IF Coutinho (Same pack opening during opening TOTS!) my best pack is Dani Alves... Cheers EA! I packed Ronaldo in the original FUT, but you could give attribute cards to anyone, I remember being dicked by 99 John Carrew!

They need to bring back tournaments... I had so much fun back on 12/13 playing with a Bronze team in the bronze tournament.

Also this.

I get the same kind of players every year. Even the rare IF card I get is always an unfashionable position or league.

STILL never pulled a single Ronaldo, Messi, Ibra. Neuer...I must be stuck in an EA algorithm

And nowadays those players get 50 "special" cards a season. So many coloured cards now and almost all too expensive and I still only get bog-standard IFs when I do get one.

• RandomLhama83
    10090 posts Has That Special Something
    Angy wrote: »
    Bored myself. Would probably not buy Fifa 18 (first fifa game I am skipping).

this.... not getting it either... but not because im bored. its just I feel like this game isn't catered around skill, but exploitation of game mechanics, pay to win, and cheese. There very little actual substance of skill based games... I like playing games where there is some sort of skill gap, I just don't see it in fifa.
  • Gromit
    3333 posts National Call-Up
    Denisianes wrote: »
    Only thing I hate is the ultra tryhard, life or death play style that 90% of people use. Other than that it's pretty neat. People complaining that only players in EPL = OP are just trying to find something to whine about, cause there are plenty of amazing players in other leagues.

Then stream 10 games for us and lets see how many will be versus EPL sides.

It will be 7/10 minimum.

We all know pace is king, and La Liga has 3 85+ pace NIF strikers.

Bundesliga doesn't fair much better it has about 4 and Ligue 1 about 5 or 6.

Meanwhile EPL has 20+ .

It gets worse when you look at bronzes, so many bronzes are like 60 pace. Don't get me wrong pace ruins this game and it really shouldn't be so OP. But unless EA can fix this then they need to make sure all leagues have a good mix of pace players otherwise like 17 we end up with a horribly generic one sided game. From early observations 18 will be very much the same.

So get used to another year of playing EPL.
  • Denisianes
    8059 posts League Winner
    Gromit wrote: »
    Denisianes wrote: »
    So get used to another year of playing EPL.

I'll most likely start with SerieA/NOS squad at the beginning and maybe some EPL if it's not too expensive. I watch EPL teams, I like to watch them and I have been doing so for many years. Why should I play with some players that I've not heard of instead of using my favourite players from my favourite teams? I don't know why some people get triggered from the league of your team, but time wasting and shushing after trash goals is perfectly fine.

Can't wait to get a cheap 65 pace Ibra to sprinkle some magic all over my opponents :joy:
  • Hitman_Hatton
    Good to see Opsani is so fed up with the game that he has already gone halves with a mate on the icon edition.

See you all on the 26th/29th
  • opasni_
    3651 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 2017
    Good to see Opsani is so fed up with the game that he has already gone halves with a mate on the icon edition.

See you all on the 26th/29th

First: Learn to spell my nickname

Second, where exactly did I say that I will surely not buy FIFA18 on release? Please, enlighten me. Fu***ng troll.
    opasni_ wrote: »

I don't wanna quit it just wanna find way to play it. Strongly considering not buying FIFA 18 straight away.

Btw, 38 quid is great deal for game I will play several months or few months, that depends how FUT gameplay will turn out to be.
  • Hitman_Hatton
    I've been calling you Opsani for many years, going all the way back to the old forum.

You'd know me under a different username.

Seems your mood has worsened with age ;)
  • opasni_
    3651 posts National Call-Up
    I've been calling you Opsani for many years, going all the way back to the old forum.

You'd know me under a different username.

Seems your mood has worsened with age ;)

No I just had ruff day at work and you didn't help with provocative response. Also putting words in my mouth.

What's your nickname? You can PM me if you don't wanna say here.
  • Having only started playing Fifa in July, my motivation for the game is already waning....playing homogeneous OP teams and having to rebuild if I buy Fifa 18 aren't thoughts I relish!

If Icons and the top players were more affordable and pack rewards more of a reward, there might be increased interest in the game....

If your own performance could affect a players ratings that could also help on the homogeneous side of things!

But we are humans and as humans we get bored easily and there is a whole world of experiences out there waiting to be had.......!
  • Korthan
    V_Babu_V wrote: »
    Having only started playing Fifa in July, my motivation for the game is already waning....playing homogeneous OP teams and having to rebuild if I buy Fifa 18 aren't thoughts I relish!

If Icons and the top players were more affordable and pack rewards more of a reward, there might be increased interest in the game....

If your own performance could affect a players ratings that could also help on the homogeneous side of things!

But we are humans and as humans we get bored easily and there is a whole world of experiences out there waiting to be had.......!

Agree also bring back the old chemistry system which was better for building hybrid teams.

• CovLee_Candice
    3954 posts National Call-Up
    Korthan wrote: »
    V_Babu_V wrote: »
    Having only started playing Fifa in July, my motivation for the game is already waning....playing homogeneous OP teams and having to rebuild if I buy Fifa 18 aren't thoughts I relish!

Agree also bring back the old chemistry system which was better for building hybrid teams.
    What chemistry is changed?