The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC & console, this includes the changes listed here.

How do people feel about the EPL domination?

Gromit
4111 posts National Call-Up
Serious question.

How do you feel about the EPL domination of FUT? The fact that pretty much 8 out of every 10 teams you face are solely EPL or at least Mostly EPL. The fact they seem to be more OP than other leagues. And the prospect of 18 probably being the same?

As someone who as always enjoyed building teams and exploring the database. I've found 17 to be a really boring and frustrating experience. Seeing the same players game after game is mind numbing. And finding players from most other leagues woefully ineffective against EPL has made the game pretty dire and unappealing to play.

I'd already decided not to get 18, but getting the Beta invite has confirmed it. Again every team seems to be EPL and again they seem OP as ❤️❤️❤️❤️.

Comments

• Grousey
    377 posts Sunday League Hero
    It's boring as hell.

EA have created the issue with the whole POTM SBC crap.

Still, rattling a handful of goals past Butland is one of life's many pleasures.
  • hayhor1
    15077 posts World Class
    Grousey wrote: »
    It's boring as hell.

EA have created the issue with the whole POTM SBC ****.

Still, rattling a handful of goals past Butland is one of life's many pleasures.

Like Gerrard!
  • hayhor1
    15077 posts World Class
    Gromit wrote: »
    Serious question.

How do you feel about the EPL domination of FUT? The fact that pretty much 8 out of every 10 teams you face are solely EPL or at least Mostly EPL. The fact they seem to be more OP than other leagues. And the prospect of 18 probably being the same?

As someone who as always enjoyed building teams and exploring the database. I've found 17 to be a really boring and frustrating experience. Seeing the same players game after game is mind numbing. And finding players from most other leagues woefully ineffective against EPL has made the game pretty dire and unappealing to play.

I'd already decided not to get 18, but getting the Beta invite has confirmed it. Again every team seems to be EPL and again they seem OP as ****.

It's not all EAs fault people use epl. the league keeps buying up players.
  • Tornado31619
    20253 posts Club Captain
    Best league in the world.
  • Rutta
    6136 posts Big Money Move
    Who wants to use bums from the other leagues?
  • Mutu10gol
    2776 posts Fans' Favourite

:smile:
  • Grousey

Define best.
  • Derryboy1893
    3564 posts National Call-Up

Define best.

Better than all the rest
  • pekkaa88
    6563 posts Big Money Move
    Dont care.. Its the most popular league.

I care more about my own team than my opponents.. If everyone wants to use the same players, then let them..
  • Grousey

Define best.

Better than all the rest

Certainly doesn't have the best teams.
  • Ben
    3981 posts National Call-Up
    It's the most popular league in the world because of the tv contact. It's also the most entertaining and competitive but the defending is shocking at times. The best league in the world is the league that has the worlds best players and best teams, which is la Liga. La liga has the two best players in the world and a team from their league has won he last 4 cl's which are the biggest trophy in world club football. Even la liga's third best team is a better European team than any current epl team.
  • maksi
    6617 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 2017
    EPL is popular because you get competitive team for cheap, LL has elite players from Barca and Real but most can't afford it. They also can get "cheap" beasts from SBCs more than other leagues. It's no brainer really.
  • Grousey
    Ben wrote: »
    It's the most popular league in the world because of the tv contact. It's also the most entertaining and competitive but the defending is shocking at times. The best league in the world is the league that has the worlds best players and best teams, which is la Liga. La liga has the two best players in the world and a team from their league has won he last 4 cl's which are the biggest trophy in world club football. Even la liga's third best team is a better European team than any current epl team.

Correct.
  • maksi
    edited August 2017
    Correct.
    Not entirely, third team in LL is maybe "better" but individual quality is much better on EPL side. And there is no "teamwork" player stat like you had in old PES versions.

• Grousey
    maksi wrote: »
    Correct.
    Not entirely, third team in LL is maybe "better" but individual quality is much better on EPL side. And there is no "teamwork" player stat like you had in old PES versions.

I'd pick Atletico over all PL sides in a Champions League clash.
  • Tornado31619
    20253 posts Club Captain

Define best.

Better than all the rest

Certainly doesn't have the best teams.

It's the most competitive.
  • Nana_bitty
    1728 posts Play-Off Hero
    The gap in the EPL from bottom to top is much smaller than other leagues making results more unpredictable and more entertaining.
    Until the premier league introduce a January break to give teams a rest they will continue to struggle with the fixture congestion
  • maksi
    edited August 2017
    Player like Filipe Luis didn't make it at Chelsea. It's Simeone who made them competitive not individual quality.

• Tornado31619
    20253 posts Club Captain
    Correct.

Both Manchester clubs and last season's Chelsea could beat them. Last season's Tottenham would also put up a good fight. Leicester nearly beat Atleti FFS, should only have lost on away goals.
  • finsfan85
    13144 posts Has That Special Something
    Player like Filipe Luis didn't make it at Chelsea.

He didn't really get a chance though. Azpilicueta started ahead of him and that's not really something to be ashamed of.
  • maksi
    edited August 2017
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    He didn't really get a chance though. Azpilicueta started ahead of him and that's not really something to be ashamed of.
    it actually is, Azpi played as LB but he has right foot and played on RB position before but he was forced to play it on LB because Luis was so bad
  • bjornheisenberg
    3714 posts National Call-Up
    La liga is doing now what the English league did back in the late 70s early 80s...and what serie a did just after that.....

id say la liga is a long way ahead closely followed by the epl bundesliga and seriea ...not in any articular order.
  • maksi
    edited August 2017
    They aren't that much ahead but they have Barca and Real, other teams would struggle in EPL.
  • DeanoZoff
    4552 posts National Call-Up

That but also due to Mourinho. The same guy that didnt know what to do with Luka Modric, one of the best midfielders of this generation.

Bored of seeing the same team 9 times out of 10 myself too. We need more sbcs for other leagues to even it out.

Epl is the 1 league i really cba to build a squad from.

I have 4 million coins and im a spurs fan.... let that sink in
  • finsfan85
    13144 posts Has That Special Something
    DeanoZoff wrote: »

That but also due to Mourinho. The same guy that didnt know what to do with Luka Modric, one of the best midfielders of this generation.

Bored of seeing the same team 9 times out of 10 myself too. We need more sbcs for other leagues to even it out.

Epl is the 1 league i really cba to build a squad from.

I have 4 million coins and im a spurs fan.... let that sink in

For sure it had to do with Mourinho. The only reason Azpilicueta had to move to the LB spot was because Mourinho had this unwavering love for Ivanovic.
  • Gromit
    edited August 2017
    It's laughable that people say they use EPL because its the best league, biggest league, cheapest league or its where their favourite players play. This is mostly BS

This is why EPL is used so much.....

PAAAAAAAACE

EPL
    premier_league.jpg

Ligue 1
    ligue_1.jpg

La Liga
    la_liga.jpg

Calcio A
    calcio.jpg

Bundesliga
    bundes.jpg

The game was NEVER dominated by one league before 17.

Its even worse when you factor in Griezmann, Dybala, Auba and Lacazette are/were out of some players price range.

• Tornado31619
    20253 posts Club Captain
    Player like Filipe Luis didn't make it at Chelsea. It's Simeone who made them competitive not individual quality.

Boateng also flopped at Man City. People call him the best defender in the world.
  • TheJoedanimal
    1066 posts Professional
    edited August 2017
    Nana_bitty wrote: »
    The gap in the EPL from bottom to top is much smaller than other leagues making results more unpredictable and more entertaining.
    Until the premier league introduce a January break to give teams a rest they will continue to struggle with the fixture congestion

I'm not so sure about that. Is the gap between Man U and Brighton really that much smaller than the gap between Bayern and Stuttgart? Besides, just look at the tables from last year. If you want unpredictability up and down the whole table, the Bundesliga was the place to go. The point gap between European spots and the Relegation playoff in the Bundesliga was smaller than the gap between the top six and everyone else in the Prem. I agree with the point on a January break being the culprit for much of the failure in European competitions, but I don't think the Prem is up and down the most competitive league. In terms of title contenders it is for sure, but not up and down the whole table.
  • DeanoZoff
    4552 posts National Call-Up
    It's laughable that people say they use EPL because its the best league, biggest league, cheapest league or its where their favourite players play. This is mostly BS

PAAAAAAAACE

EPL
    premier_league.jpg

Ligue 1
    ligue_1.jpg

La Liga
    la_liga.jpg

Calcio A
    calcio.jpg

Bundesliga
    bundes.jpg

The game was NEVER dominated by one league before 17. If EA made the other leagues as pacey then we'd see the other leagues used.

I agree. There are plenty of rapid players in other leagues that arent given the physical stats they deserve.

There is a clear epl bias
  • Gromit
    DeanoZoff wrote: »

PAAAAAAAACE

EPL
    premier_league.jpg

Ligue 1
    ligue_1.jpg

La Liga
    la_liga.jpg

Calcio A
    calcio.jpg

Bundesliga
    bundes.jpg

The game was NEVER dominated by one league before 17. If EA made the other leagues as pacey then we'd see the other leagues used.

I agree. There are plenty of rapid players in other leagues that arent given the physical stats they deserve.

There is a clear epl bias

Not strikers though, aside from special cards. But then the EPL has just as many or more special cards.

It's a joke, pace is so dominant and if you wanted to use say Bundesliga you have Auba, too expensive for some, the 75 rated Werner or 79 Hahn lol