The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & PC and includes the changes listed here.

Weekend league standards dropped?

Grousey
377 posts Sunday League Hero
I generally play until I hit 18 wins and stop. A typical weekend will see my go 18-12 or similar.

18-4 this weekend and winning by 4 or 5 goals margins. Is everyone retired ready for FIFA 18?

Comments

• Paquetesousa
    2079 posts Fans' Favourite
    Grousey wrote: »
    I generally play until I hit 18 wins and stop. A typical weekend will see my go 18-12 or similar.

18-4 this weekend and winning by 4 or 5 goals margins. Is everyone retired ready for FIFA 18?

It makes sense that the "elite" are now tired of playing the same style and pushing the same buttons for an entire year.
  • DeanoZoff
    4465 posts National Call-Up
    Played 13, won 11.

There has been some absolute dross playing this weekend
  • Grousey
    On the plus side I've played some slightly more diverse teams.

Kante, Butland, Son and co have accounted for maybe 80% of my opposition rather than the usual 95%
  • freakjas
    6916 posts Big Money Move
    Same for me on friday, even till now.
    but im at 14 out of 32 cause of dc and cause fifa became ****, had one game i deserved to loose, the rest i dominated the game and my players decided to pass the ball to my oponent so he could score in the 90th minute.
  • Vezzo
    991 posts Professional
    Chaos of a lagfest and the thing we are not allowed to mention all over me this weekend (playing on PC).
  • SeaDawgBob
    940 posts Professional
    Dare you to play a few more, I was 15-3 to start this WL and now I've lost 4 in a row
  • Grousey
    SeaDawgBob wrote: »
    Dare you to play a few more, I was 15-3 to start this WL and now I've lost 4 in a row

I won 8 in a row to hit 18, I know the ELO will be waiting to screw me over. I definitely won't be giving it the chance!
  • FIFAjunkee
    137 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited August 2017
    Games have been terrible for me.

No shape to my team, playing vs teams that look to have 11 attribute cards... Can't get my CMs to cover the back line even on PTB. Just giving me nothing when I'm playing vs teams with full high/medium CMs that are religiously perched on top of the line of my opponents back 4 and covering all angles.

Just had no answer, this or last weekend. My team has been a flop, always on the back foot whilst my opponent looks tightly sprung and always aggressive. I should be playing attacking and press 70% of games. But the last 2 weekends I'm flipping CT's through every game just to counter my opponents aggression. Almost feels like the CTs are completely redundant - no visible difference no matter what I set for pressure or build up speed, aggression, et al. Dead AI mechanics.

I'm doubting even the point of investing anything into 18.

• Bellcheddar
    1333 posts Professional
    edited August 2017
    SeaDawgBob wrote: »

This. It all started pretty well for me too. I needed 10 wins in 16 attempts to hit The Elite. I then lost 6 games in a row and finished in my customary Gold 1 position. 6 in a row Jesus it was bad everything just went wrong in those games lol.
    Massive win streaks then massive losing streaks. Weird this game...
  • maksi
    6617 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 2017
    FIFAjunkee wrote: »
    No shape to my team, playing vs teams that look to have 11 attribute cards... Can't get my CMs to cover the back line even on PTB. Just giving me nothing when I'm playing vs teams with full high/medium CMs that are religiously perched on top of the line of my opponents back 4 and covering all angles.

Just had no answer, this or last weekend. My team has been a flop, always on the back foot whilst my opponent looks tightly sprung and always aggressive. I should be playing attacking and press 70% of games. But the last 2 weekends I'm flipping CT's through every game just to counter my opponents aggression. Almost feels like the CTs are completely redundant - no visible difference no matter what I set for pressure or build up speed, aggression, et al. Dead AI mechanics.

I'm doubting even the point of investing anything into 18.
    i have the same problem, i think it has something to do with the connection delay (you have it they don't), nothing you can do really

• maksi
    6617 posts Big Money Move
    this, and it's always some BS and not being outplayed

• Retro_G
    31175 posts National Team Captain
    maksi wrote: »
    this, and it's always some BS and not being outplayed

When you go on a win-streak your estimated level opponent increases, so depending on your skill level. This can reduce the player pool, you will be more likely to face high ping opponents.
  • So unfair. But, what can you do ...
  • AliasMaurice
    2229 posts Fans' Favourite
    I started 11/2 but left it at 25/12. Lost 2 of last 3 to blow elite 3 not for the first time. Work in the morning so a blessing in disguise
  • PiotrLolo
    1664 posts Play-Off Hero
    Dropped? Tell that to that 92 rated Premiership 4-3-2-1 crab-walking team I was facing in my last WL game this weekend. I needed one win to get Elite 3. Lost 3 or 4 to 1 with 2 goals straight from kick-off...