Career Mode Chat Thread.

Comments

• Ashy
    9508 posts League Winner
    Lyktan wrote: »
    What is the picture ratio on this page? So they don't get downscaled. I hope you understand my question-yo.
    655 width I believe
  • Alastair
    10029 posts Moderator
    edited April 2015
    Lyktan wrote: »
    What is the picture ratio on this page? So they don't get downscaled. I hope you understand my question-yo.

When I tested it at the start of March the limit was 685px wide. I don't think any of the changes since then will have affected this. :smiley:
  • Dean
    840 posts Semi-Pro
    stickey wrote: »
    Someone needs to make a 'It's YOUR Season' thread.

Not sure whether to do this, or make a thread thread. I'll sleep on it.
  • chokosc
    2845 posts Fans' Favourite
    Can someone please send me the West Ham squad on CM? I want to start a thread and need to know players and OVR! Would really appreciate <3
  • Ashy
    9508 posts League Winner
    look up sofifa that will have the latest updated squads
  • chokosc
    Ashy wrote: »
    look up sofifa that will have the latest updated squads
    Cheers!
  • chokosc
    What are the size restrictions of graphics?
  • Alastair
    10029 posts Moderator
    chokosc wrote: »
    What are the size restrictions of graphics?

No limit. Above 685px wide will have a a banner and be resized to 685px.
  • Alastair
    10029 posts Moderator
    This may take a while...
    c6ae2bdba479ad2329014edb495ee277.png
  • Skeeno
    79 posts Park Captain
    I bought it through GreenManGaming for £28. I never noticed it was the non-steam version which makes me a bit upset but hey, nothing I can do now.
  • Alastair
    10029 posts Moderator
    Skeeno wrote: »
    I bought it through GreenManGaming for £28. I never noticed it was the non-steam version which makes me a bit upset but hey, nothing I can do now.

Yeah, I accepted the extra cost to get the steam version. I think only steam sell the steam version.

You can still get a refund I think as it hasn't released yet.
  • Skeeno
    79 posts Park Captain
    Nope, not when you activate it. GMG gave me a code which I thought I used on Steam but you use it on Rockstar.com so I thought they would give me the code but nope, it gives your the SocialClub installer to get the game. It really is nothing much and will actually launch the game 1s faster with not having to go through Steam > Social Club > Game but will miss the "Time played" notify.
  • Alastair
    10029 posts Moderator
    Nope, not when you activate it. GMG gave me a code which I thought I used on Steam but you use it on Rockstar.com so I thought they would give me the code but nope, it gives your the SocialClub installer to get the game. It really is nothing much and will actually launch the game 1s faster with not having to go through Steam > Social Club > Game but will miss the "Time played" notify.

I went for steam just because of the way it keeps all my games together without having loads of clients as well as the time played stat, that is not crucial though. Hopefully they also add steam workshop support for mods at a later date.
  • Skeeno
    79 posts Park Captain
    Alastair wrote: »
    Hopefully they also add steam workshop support for mods at a later date.

Will never happen. Maybe GTA 6 but not 5. They have said they will make it easier to mod this time around and want people to do it - as long as it does not affect the online.
  • Alastair
    10029 posts Moderator
    Hopefully they also add steam workshop support for mods at a later date.

Will never happen. Maybe GTA 6 but not 5. They have said they will make it easier to mod this time around and want people to do it - as long as it does not affect the online.

:(

Some of you may have noticed Rob tweeted the section out earlier which will hopefully increase activity further.

• Valo
    139 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Fantastic.
  • would anyone like to join an online career mode? message me if you're interested
  • Ashy
    9508 posts League Winner
    brilliant, hopefully more people start some stories
  • Alastair
    10029 posts Moderator
    In case anyone didn't see the announcement I will also mention mod applications here. Although Core (all of this) isn't mentioned on the thread all applications will be considered, a Core mod may be taken on if there is a particularly good applicant.You can see details here.

If you want to know what it actually involves then drop me a PM. :)
  • Kyle
    918 posts Semi-Pro
    Has Walter joined yet?
  • Alastair
    10029 posts Moderator
    Kyle wrote: »
    Has Walter joined yet?

He is on the forums but only has FIFA 14 access currently. He has a different username though.

• Valo
    Kyle wrote: »
    Has Walter joined yet?

He is on the forums but only has FIFA 14 access currently. He has a different username though.

How secretive.
  • Kyle
    918 posts Semi-Pro
    Yes.
  • Ashy
    9508 posts League Winner
    Does anyone think this section will ever pick up again? It's been better than the last few months on the old forums but there just isn't enough stories or community tournaments going on, maybe it will pick up when fifa 16 comes out.

Just seems the only active sections are the ultimate team ones, when I say active I mean throughout most of the day
  • Alastair
    10029 posts Moderator
    Does anyone think this section will ever pick up again? It's been better than the last few months on the old forums but there just isn't enough stories or community tournaments going on, maybe it will pick up when fifa 16 comes out.

Just seems the only active sections are the ultimate team ones, when I say active I mean throughout most of the day

The forums are always quietest around now because everyone has exams. Personally I don't have time to comment on stories now but come June I will be back with one of my own and I'll be commenting everywhere. :smile:

This section will never be as active as FUT, at the peak CM rarely got more than 25-30 stories being posted, we are probably at about 15 now. We will probably pick up over summer and around FIFA 16 launch, especially if FIFA 16 has a good CM.
  • Alastair
    10029 posts Moderator
    Kyle, it is your time to shine

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32403437
  • Valo

The forums are always quietest around now because everyone has exams. Personally I don't have time to comment on stories now but come June I will be back with one of my own and I'll be commenting everywhere. :smile:

This section will never be as active as FUT, at the peak CM rarely got more than 25-30 stories being posted, we are probably at about 15 now. We will probably pick up over summer and around FIFA 16 launch, especially if FIFA 16 has a good CM.

Short answer: no.
  • Kyle
    918 posts Semi-Pro
    Kyle, it is your time to shine

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32403437
    I have already made it known I am interested in the job, hopefully BBC Sport interview me soon. :)

• Alastair
    10029 posts Moderator
    I just looked at the table. :(

Are you going to stay up this season? You need to.
  • Kyle
    918 posts Semi-Pro
    Probably not. :'(
This discussion has been closed.