Will FIFA 18 be full of cheaters like FIFA 17?

Sm0key_J0e
437 posts Sunday League Hero
This game could be just fantastic if it was not for the huge numbers of cheaters in Seasons and FUT (PC version). I have sporadically reported people before to "do my duty" but nothing much seem to happen.
During the last week I have reported everyone that have used cheats of different kinds.

Guess what happened?

After having played in League 3 in seasons for a long time, I within a few days went down to league 5 (!) and was suddenly losing basically all matches.

Is this because I reported cheaters? Is this because there was a sudden surge in cheaters in every match?

What is the point of buying FIFA 18 if the game is full of cheaters?
The only answer EA is giving is: "we are working on it but it is complicated".

Seems like it has been complicated for years but no progress has been made.
The person responsible for this should have been fired since years.

What do you others think?

Comments

• Walsgrove
    827 posts An Exciting Prospect
    How are people cheating ...?
  • Arron xox
    3529 posts National Call-Up
    Plain and rome you are not as good as you think you are
  • How can you cheat..... sound like you are a sore loser
  • Denisianes
    8152 posts League Winner
    Conny1984 wrote: »
    How can you cheat..... sound like you are a sore loser

There are plenty of cheaters on PC in all forms. It's another story that you can rarely see them above div2, so the OP indeed might be quite terrible at the game.
  • Diggy
    14659 posts Has That Special Something
    The PC is well known to harbour many cheaters
  • benicspo
    1279 posts Professional
    edited August 2017
    To those suggesting there are no cheaters on Fifa 17, that is mostly true on consoles, however he is talking about PC which is absolutely riddled with cheaters who can disconnect in the first minute and get a win, or make all players 99 rated

In answer to OP's question, no I don't think anything will change in terms of cheaters on Fifa 18. EA can't be arsed to sort out an issue with PC because the money is in consoles, not PC. We saw this when a bug very similar to the hacks on PC emerged on consoles, and WL was cancelled immediately and the issue sorted in a few days. EA have had years to sort it, doubt they;ll change now.
  • Thamightyboro
    7108 posts Big Money Move
    Until ea get punkbuster or such like into game we will still see it, for the most part cheaters are crap anyway its the reason they cheat suck it up then smash their 99 rated mem hacked team.
  • 0113MB
    915 posts Semi-Pro
    salah mane origi sturridge bpl 3atb teams will the dirty ones as far as op cheating
  • DSD27
    5714 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 2017
    Conny1984 wrote: »
    How can you cheat..... sound like you are a sore loser

Sounds like you're new here.
    Post edited by DSD27 on
  • BLaZiNgSPEED
    417 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited August 2017
    evenbalance.com/games.php
    Like I mentioned previously in another thread, EA can fix it once and for all if they are really willing to do so. They have done it in the past with the Alt+F4 and Alt+Tab cheat.
    If you look at the link above there are plenty of games from Punkbuster supported. Of the 11 games listed 6 of them are from EA Battlefield and Medal of Honor.

Some of these games are old. Like I mentioned previously Battlefield Bad Company 2 is 7 years old and no hacker/cheater has managed to circumvent the anti-cheat system on PC. There are still 300 players online even after 7 years. The punkbuster program runs in the background it detects trainers, cheat programs, etc. If you try to enter a multiplayer punkbuster enabled server without the punkbuster client the game kicks you off the server until you get punkbuster up and running again.

And even if the cheater somehow manages to trick Punkbusters system they will update the punkbuster version for that given game so that particular new cheat no longer works. These precautionary measures can be done. EA Sports simply haven't bothered to do this for FIFA. They have completely neglected it. I know this because Alt+F4 quit cheat existed from FIFA 05-11 PC. It took 6 years for EA to fix Alt+F4 in FIFA 12 PC.

There are cheaters on PC in the leaderboard. A few people have like over 1000 wins and only 40-60 losses. EA have done nothing to ban these cheaters and remove them from the leaderboards even after reporting them through the Origin client.. It's funny how these forums here are so strict when it comes to forum rules, but when it comes to cheating in their FIFA games there is no moderator for the FIFA online servers....
    To add...Just a few days I played the number 1 cheater in FIFA 17 PC. His name starts with M ends with a 7. I'm not gonna say his full name because it will be naming and shaming. But he tried to cheat on me. Miraculously though I got the win. He has 1200+ wins and only 50 losses. I was West Ham United and he was Leicester City. As soon as I scored quick fire doubles to lead 2-1. Shortly after that there was an "online sync in error". Luckily this time I got a 3-0 win. But in most of the other case scenarios I wouldn't have a win recorded. If the cheater attempts to quit using online sync in error and the game was for example in a 0-0 state then you get loss....

The game is actually quite ridiculous because day before yesterday I was losing 5-0. I quit from pause main menu screen in anger. Bizarrely it didn't even record my loss!!! :p It was as if I didn't play a game. I hope my opponent did not think I quit cheated. Last 5 years I played before that NBA 2K11, 12, 13, 14 and 15. Didn't buy FIFA 13, 14, 15 and 16. In NBA 2K on PC I never experienced cheaters or quitters without receiving win. Maybe I should buy NBA 2K18 PC this year and forget about FIFA 18 PC!
  • D3ATHSQUAD
    2984 posts National Call-Up
    OP has some serious issues with conspiracy theories...

You're like the guy I was playing in the DKT the other night and he disconnected... then sends me a message telling me he reported me because I am a hacker and made him disconnect... while I was sitting on my couch with my feet up relaxing... LOL
  • Sm0key_J0e
    edited August 2017
    In reply to your comments, let me confirm the following:

- Yes, I am playing the PC version. I find it convenient as I can switch from gaming to do other things.

- "Conspiracy theories" This is just a ridiculous comment. EA has time after time confirmed the problem themselves and it is huge as have others on these forums.

- I think the suggestion of adding Punkbuster is a valid one. All games with Punkbuster usually get rid of cheaters / hackers. I cannot understand why EA has not considered this (probably a cost issue).

- Where is Microsoft? Microsoft should have an interest in people using PCs to play games. If cheaters cannot be rooted out from PCs, there is a likelyhood that even more gamers move to competitors such as Playstation and scrap their PC for a Mac instead.

- Don't read me wrong, I truly enjoy this game when it is working properly. I have absolutely no problem to accept a loss to a better player but to lose against a cheap cheater... it is unacceptable.

- EA is making an enormous amount of money on this game, how about taking a tiny bit of that amount and to address the issue once and for all?
  • o Timisss x
    538 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Its a pc game... theres no such thing asa pc game without cheaters
  • DSD27
    5714 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 2017
    Sm0key_J0e wrote: »

- Yes, I am playing the PC version. I find it convenient as I can switch from gaming to do other things.
    I got a PS4 for FIFA 18 and I plugged it up to my gaming pc monitor, when I want to switch between PC and console I just need to press some buttons on the monitor. Plus I get better picture quality than with more expensive LED TVs.
    You mean massively multiplayer games, sure. But with FIFA is much different, since other companies use efficient anti cheating.
  • Hitman_Hatton
    14382 posts Has That Special Something
    EA definitely needs to sort it for PC gamers.

Shambles that the cheating has gone on as long as it has.
  • Sm0key_J0e
    edited August 2017

Well you can just take (amongst hundreds others) BF4 which is an EA game. Cheaters do appear from time to time but the build is solid and it has efficient community options to ban players (by voting).

Most of the time, there are no problems though.

I still believe that Microsoft needs to do more.
  • Sm0key_J0e
    edited August 2017
    -
  • bjornheisenberg
    3714 posts National Call-Up
    the only way to cheat is to externally ddos your opponent on seasons....but what if he runs ddos protection or uses even dns that is ddos protected lol?
    thats a waste of time and or money for him.

i you download whilst playing it may help but that depends on your is qos if it is set badly....ie.download loads of tcp to affect udp...ut once again this may affect you as well.

so lets say a lag switch...this will affect both.
    the only use is having a well timed lag switch...which will be infuriating for the opponent.

some "cheat" simply because their isp are harcher on download traffic.
    isp may be having issues ...over subscribing etc...

id say the OP's internet is not as good as previous weeks.

there are ways to check this...and i dont mean using the useless speedtest.net
  • Thamightyboro
    edited August 2017
    the only way to cheat is to externally ddos your opponent on seasons....but what if he runs ddos protection or uses even dns that is ddos protected lol?
    thats a waste of time and or money for him.

i you download whilst playing it may help but that depends on your is qos if it is set badly....ie.download loads of tcp to affect udp...ut once again this may affect you as well.

so lets say a lag switch...this will affect both.
    the only use is having a well timed lag switch...which will be infuriating for the opponent.

some "cheat" simply because their isp are harcher on download traffic.
    isp may be having issues ...over subscribing etc...

id say the OP's internet is not as good as previous weeks.

there are ways to check this...and i dont mean using the useless speedtest.net

Or to use cheatengine etc to force your players to 99stat.

Or to force a match disconnection whilst flooding the server with a fake result.

Heck even one of the.most common ones was using eas own software, use a tablet to message opponent on origin bam the notification caused a match disconnection and that existed from launch in september until February which was ridiculous.
    Post edited by Thamightyboro on
  • bjornheisenberg
    3714 posts National Call-Up
    take it thats on pc?
    if that last one happens on consoles ea really are a shambles.

i had a few disconnections the other week but i have messages off.
  • Thamightyboro
    edited August 2017
    Sm0key_J0e wrote: »

- "Conspiracy theories" This is just a ridiculous comment. EA has time after time confirmed the problem themselves and it is huge as have others on these forums.

- I think the suggestion of adding Punkbuster is a valid one. All games with Punkbuster usually get rid of cheaters / hackers. I cannot understand why EA has not considered this (probably a cost issue).

- Where is Microsoft? Microsoft should have an interest in people using PCs to play games. If cheaters cannot be rooted out from PCs, there is a likelyhood that even more gamers move to competitors such as Playstation and scrap their PC for a Mac instead.

- Don't read me wrong, I truly enjoy this game when it is working properly. I have absolutely no problem to accept a loss to a better player but to lose against a cheap cheater... it is unacceptable.

- EA is making an enormous amount of money on this game, how about taking a tiny bit of that amount and to address the issue once and for all?

Microsoft also make the XBONE and make a far bigger profit on a XBONE than a OEM copy of windows, FIFA isnt even sold through the windows store so its nothing to do with them really.

EA own a free use licence for punkbuster it was bought before BF3 and has been renewed every year since there would be no licencing fee involved.

Punkbuster already works and is fully integrated into the frostbite engine.

Realistically FIFA PC isnt that big a profit maker its sales are probably a 40th of each of the consoles and it has a far lower revenue per player than each of the consoles in total it probably doesnt even account for 3-5% of FIFA revenue a year, in all honesty if the numbers dwindle again next year I can see EA ditching it from PC altogether as they have done with the Madden, NHL, PGA franchises.

But realistically punkbuster integration would probably be a month of dev work by a single coder so a cost of 2 grand which is nothing and would get far more staying with PC.

I'd be playing on PS4 still but in all honesty after moving to PS4 in Feb I sold it in June as I missed the mobility of my PC, steam links to 4 different tv's in the household so I could just sit at which ever TV wasnt being used and play away without having to move anything around.
  • Thamightyboro
    take it thats on pc?
    if that last one happens on consoles ea really are a shambles.

i had a few disconnections the other week but i have messages off.

Yeah was a nightmare. Anything that took focus off the fifa window would cause a match connection drop so skype, steam, origin notifications etc, you basically had to disable all your social tools to play.