OT: Phone battery

AlexM1218
715 posts Semi-Pro
Got a bit of a dilemma. So I'm up for a new phone here around the time the iPhone *insert whatever next gen is called* will be released, but my current phone battery is deteriorating EXTREMELY fast. Like, it's gotten to the point where it lasts ~15 mins without charging. My solution to this was to go out and drop $30 on an external battery pack, and while it's great, charges 14x and is relatively small, it's still very annoying to carry around.

Anyone else know of another solution? I've looked into replacing the battery, but all the quotes I've found have been $80-$100, which tbh isn't worth it for a month of use.

Any ideas greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Agent VZ
    29162 posts Player of the Year
    I switch my phone to low battery mode helps quite a bit..
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31872 posts National Team Captain
    Do you leave your phone on the charger a lot? Like at work or at night or something?
  • Kai9623
    6808 posts Big Money Move
    Do you leave your phone on the charger a lot? Like at work or at night or something?
    Yeah that kills the battery. I always take it out once it reaches 100%
  • pob125
    3797 posts National Call-Up
    What % does it actually die at?
    Turn everything off on the phone like data roaming etch
    Disable all running apps,especially the location/GPS.
    Only turn on your data roaming when needing to actually make a call or send text
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    What phone? Your resale/tradein value is at zero as it is so getting the battery fixed will get you some money back in the long run too.
  • Recardo
    9097 posts League Winner
    what phone do you currently have?
  • krakos000
    17470 posts World Class

I leave mine charging overnight, should I not do this?
  • Recardo
    9097 posts League Winner
    krakos000 wrote: »

i charge mine over night have done on all my samsung phones for the last 5 years. never had a battery issue at all.

decent phones will always stop the phone from charging to 100% to protect the battery.
  • Sercs
    18648 posts World Class
    Depends what the iPhone is, tbh you might be better off replacing the battery then selling it on for a higher price.. depending again on what gen the iphone is...

Wont have any resale value like it is currently
  • Currieman
    4943 posts National Call-Up
    krakos000 wrote: »

As long as you have a fairly decent phone charging overnight to 100% won't be an issue.
  • AlexM1218
    715 posts Semi-Pro
    Agent VZ wrote: »
    I switch my phone to low battery mode helps quite a bit..

For some reason it dies right when I do this lmao

Yeah, leave it overnight, but do the same with iPad and had no issues. and like others said, usually good phones/charger will stop at 100%.
    pob125 wrote: »
    What % does it actually die at?
    Turn everything off on the phone like data roaming etch
    Disable all running apps,especially the location/GPS.
    Only turn on your data roaming when needing to actually make a call or send text

Completely random. Anywhere from 85% down to 1%.
    DaveSaves wrote: »
    What phone? Your resale/tradein value is at zero as it is so getting the battery fixed will get you some money back in the long run too.

iPhone 6, hadn't thought much about this as Verizon takes the phone as part of upgrade. Tell them everything is working just fine and get full value for it :)
    Recardo wrote: »
    what phone do you currently have?

iPhone 6