►►► Serie A Lounge 2017-18 ◄◄◄ | Congrats to Lights, our Prediction League winner!

Comments

• Alemas_2012
    15856 posts World Class
    LoboNobo wrote: »
    Milik doing corners like Kane. :joy:

He was always taking corners for us though, I was surprised he wasn't taking them in the first half.
    What a pathetic performance btw, I'm fuming

It's always weird when a tallish striker gets to take corners, though.
    In FUT you always get Ronaldo doing them instead of someone else. :D
    And it's also funny that they did a specific "It's Cristiano Ronaldo to take the corner" commentary clip...

Milik has an amazing technique on his left foot, he can curve them like nobody else in this team.
    Also I remember someone saying that it looks like Russia is doping - given their intensiy in the first half against Egypt, it seems like a possible scenario :joy: I still cheer for them though, the sad truth is everyone in modern football is doping - some more, some less...

You cheer for Russia?
    Alright then...

I'm half-Russian actually so...

Oh, that explains things. :joy:
    But if Russia and Poland face each other, who would you support?
  • Alemas_2012
    15856 posts World Class
    The fallout from the Serie B/A promotions rumbles on.
    While Palermo's appeal against Frosinone has been rejected, they said they'll appeal the rejection.
    Meanwhile, two Parma players have been formally accused of sporting fraud by the FIGC prosecutor's office for sending text messages asking two Spezia players to take it easy on them in the last match of the season.
    Their promotion to Serie A could very well go up in smoke.
  • Zambo9
    5256 posts Big Money Move
    Apparently Nainggolan has confirmed to a few fans that Roma do want to sell him.
    Of all people to sacrifice for FFP... Just sad.
    Most likely to a direct rival as well.

We are out of FFP. The thought process (which I don’t agree with) is Monchi is fed up with the way he acts (drinking, smoking, live-streaming it on instagram, as well as speaking out in the media after not being called up) and EDF doesn’t have him in his plans for next season.

Would the arrival of Pastore make the loss of Radja more bearable?
    No, you buy a mediocre player(yes, in all those years he has been average at best for PSG) and you sell your probably best player. It's not even something related to FFP imo since Roma will pay 20M for Pastore and they'll end selling Nainggolan for 30M or so
  • LoboNobo
    6425 posts Big Money Move

He was always taking corners for us though, I was surprised he wasn't taking them in the first half.

And it's also funny that they did a specific "It's Cristiano Ronaldo to take the corner" commentary clip...

Milik has an amazing technique on his left foot, he can curve them like nobody else in this team.
    Also I remember someone saying that it looks like Russia is doping - given their intensiy in the first half against Egypt, it seems like a possible scenario :joy: I still cheer for them though, the sad truth is everyone in modern football is doping - some more, some less...

You cheer for Russia?
    Alright then...

Oh, that explains things. :joy:
    But if Russia and Poland face each other, who would you support?

Poland obviously.
  • Alemas_2012
    15856 posts World Class
    Zambo9 wrote: »
    Apparently Nainggolan has confirmed to a few fans that Roma do want to sell him.

We are out of FFP. The thought process (which I don’t agree with) is Monchi is fed up with the way he acts (drinking, smoking, live-streaming it on instagram, as well as speaking out in the media after not being called up) and EDF doesn’t have him in his plans for next season.

No, you buy a mediocre player(yes, in all those years he has been average at best for PSG) and you sell your probably best player. It's not even something related to FFP imo since Roma will pay 20M for Pastore and they'll end selling Nainggolan for 30M or so

Latest reports say Roma will get 20-22 million plus two youngsters.
  • L_immortale
    3077 posts National Call-Up

Nope.
  • MiIan
    12469 posts Has That Special Something
    Was disapointed with Poland; supported them over Senegal mainly because of Lewandowski and Milik. It really looked like Poland succeeded in the qualifying stage to use Lewandowski at his full potential, but nothing close to that hapenned yesterday.

What's your explaination to their rather doll performance yesterday, in comparison to the qualifying stage, @LoboNobo ?
  • VolpeDiFuoco_10
    3347 posts National Call-Up

You cheer for Russia?
    Alright then...

I am supporting Russia too. What's wrong with that? :)

Only 'cause of the women, be honest. :tongue:

Not true. I have liked Russia since I was a kid. I like its history and culture and I refuse to be brainwashed by Western liberal media. And I like the women of course too...but that's not why. Haha.

Volpe's a closet gopnik confirmed.

Sorry not sure what gopnik is.

Can you elaborate?

But after Italy my 2nd team is always Russia and after Juventus I support Spartak Moscow.
  • VolpeDiFuoco_10

You cheer for Russia?
    Alright then...

Really? That's a bit unusual in Poland right? I mean half Ukrainian seems to make more sense.

From which part of Russia?
  • Alemas_2012
    15856 posts World Class

You cheer for Russia?
    Alright then...

Not true. I have liked Russia since I was a kid. I like its history and culture and I refuse to be brainwashed by Western liberal media. And I like the women of course too...but that's not why. Haha.

Can you elaborate?

But after Italy my 2nd team is always Russia and after Juventus I support Spartak Moscow.

There's a whole Wikipedia article about it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gopnik
  • VolpeDiFuoco_10

You cheer for Russia?
    Alright then...

Can you elaborate?

There's a whole Wikipedia article about it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gopnik

Haha I know this stereotype but did not know that it was called gopnik. I have to admit you impressed me @Alemas_2012.

"Gopniks are often associated with cheap alcohol, such as low quality vodka and light beer, and cheap cigarettes."

Haha I am anything but that. I drink expensive Italian or French wine and act like a snob when ordering wine at the table in a restaurant. Do not drink vodka or beer. Also no cigarettes and if I have to smoke something it would be a Cuban cigar.
  • Alemas_2012
    15856 posts World Class

You cheer for Russia?
    Alright then...

Can you elaborate?

Haha I know this stereotype but did not know that it was called gopnik. I have to admit you impressed me Alemas_2012.

"Gopniks are often associated with cheap alcohol, such as low quality vodka and light beer, and cheap cigarettes."

Haha I am anything but that. I drink expensive Italian or French wine and act like a snob when ordering wine at the table in a restaurant. Do not drink vodka or beer. Also no cigarettes and if I have to smoke something it would be a Cuban cigar.

...you didn't deny wearing adidas tracksuits. :smile:
  • VolpeDiFuoco_10

You cheer for Russia?
    Alright then...

Can you elaborate?

Haha I know this stereotype but did not know that it was called gopnik. I have to admit you impressed me Alemas_2012.

Well I don't. But they are kind of cool.

I don't wear tracksuits much. :)

Btw do you think @LoboNobo is a dresiarz? :smiley:
  • Alemas_2012
    15856 posts World Class

You cheer for Russia?
    Alright then...

Can you elaborate?

Btw do you think LoboNobo is a dresiarz? :smiley:

...no idea what that is. :D
  • Zambo9
    Zambo9 wrote: »

Latest reports say Roma will get 20-22 million plus two youngsters.
    Totally no sense by Roma
  • LoboNobo

You cheer for Russia?
    Alright then...

Can you elaborate?

Btw do you think @LoboNobo is a dresiarz? :smiley:

:joy::joy::joy: no I'm not by any means. Surprised you know such word

• LoboNobo

You cheer for Russia?
    Alright then...

Really? That's a bit unusual in Poland right? I mean half Ukrainian seems to make more sense.

From which part of Russia?

I'd say it's as common as any other Polish/x nationality. Meaning not particularly common.
  • LoboNobo
    MiIan wrote: »
    Was disapointed with Poland; supported them over Senegal mainly because of Lewandowski and Milik. It really looked like Poland succeeded in the qualifying stage to use Lewandowski at his full potential, but nothing close to that hapenned yesterday.

What's your explaination to their rather doll performance yesterday, in comparison to the qualifying stage, @LoboNobo ?

First of all, it was the coach. We played almost the entire qualifier stage with 4231 formation, with Zielinski in nr 10 role, and it worked pretty well. Then we were testing 5 atb formations in every friendly we had, probably to have a plan B, or maybe for a specific opponent. And then when it comes to the tournament, he suddenly chooses 442 formation with super-offensive attitude (Zielinski as one of two central midfielders...), which on papers looks like a counter-attacking set-up. Yet, Senegal were defending really deep, so we lacked ideas how to play with the ball. Especially since the last time we played 442 was during Euro 2016, or maybe first few games after that.

Second of all, personal choices. Thiago Cionek was always bad for our NT, while Bednarek was playing almost every friendly - looked like he was supposed to be our 3rd choice CB (remember Glik is injured). Also, we played Milik, who was nothing by tragic in all of our friendlies.

Apart from that, nobody apart from Pazdan turned out to be in form. There were rumours around our NT that we were having super-hard training regime before the tournament, which now proves to be a mistake. Piszczek looked dead after 15 minutes, Krychowiak turns like a tank as usual, Kuba has been known for lacking fitness since his injuries strikes, and he has just recovered after one as well.
  • VolpeDiFuoco_10

You cheer for Russia?
    Alright then...

Can you elaborate?

Btw do you think LoboNobo is a dresiarz? :smiley:

...no idea what that is. :D

Let's just say it is like a Polish gopnik ;)
  • Alemas_2012
    15856 posts World Class
    edited June 2018
    @L_immortale, it's getting worse!
    So apparently you're going to get some cash for Radja (a paltry sum, maybe 20-22 million), plus Zaniolo (a youngster), and...
    SANTON. :joy:
    Though Sportitalia reported it, so you might have to take it with a pinch of salt, and frankly I can't believe that will happen.
    But still. :D
  • finsfan85
    12925 posts Has That Special Something
  • Alemas_2012
    15856 posts World Class
    edited June 2018
    finsfan85 wrote: »

He said in the last summer transfer window that Keita signed for us.
    Well that never happened. :D
  • I SiR MartY I
    5611 posts Big Money Move
    So apparently you're going to get some cash for Radja (a paltry sum, maybe 20-22 million), plus Zaniolo (a youngster), and...
    Though Sportitalia reported it, so you might have to take it with a pinch of salt, and frankly I can't believe that will happen.

Di Marzio has reported it too.

Just contracts to be agreed by all parties.

Shame to lose Zaniolo but he would never have become anything had he stayed.

I'm so happy Santon is gone but that now leaves us with 1 full back :| Dalbert has been loaned out, Cancelo's loan is over, Nagatomo got sold, Santon is being traded and there is no official announcement on Asamoah. That leaves D'Ambrosio as our only fullback right now.
  • Alemas_2012
    15856 posts World Class
    edited June 2018
    On the subject off fullbacks, looks like Cancelo to Juve is nearly done.
    Can't really complain, though we still need at least one more to be fully covered for both sides.
    Assuming Alex Sandro stays, of course.
  • Zambo9
    ffs Nainggolan for 24M+2 trash players in today market is a steal
  • L_immortale
    3077 posts National Call-Up
    edited June 2018

We are paying 16m for Zanolio before June 30. Inter are paying 40m for Nainggolan after June 30. 40m profit for Nainggolan might be enough to hold onto Alisson. Zanolio is apparently very highly rated.
  • I SiR MartY I

We are paying 16m for Zanolio before June 30. Inter are paying 40m for Nainggolan after June 30. 40m profit for Nainggolan might be enough to hold onto Alisson. Zanolio is apparently very highly rated.

Our best youth player by far. He is a huge loss but Inter and youth don't go together.
  • HBK1925
    1905 posts Fans' Favourite
    So with WC matches on his belt. Do you think Betancur will be a key player or valuable resale asset for Juve?
    Also, how do you guys feel about Japan getting revenge from 2014's defeat to Colombia. All of South America is outraged and pissed that they lost to a lesser opponent. Well maybe they shouldn;t stick their hands out....
  • AlexSolm
    8228 posts League Winner
    edited June 2018

Our best youth player by far. He is a huge loss but Inter and youth don't go together.

I wouldn't say Zaniolo is our best prospect, he's very good but Vecchi and Samaden both said Xian Emmers is the one with the brightest future and it looks like we put our foot down to keep him and Pinamonti (who I assume we'll sell with a buy-back clause), Zaniolo also had a discipline issue that kept him out of the squad in April.

Gazzetta now reports Inter will get 15% if Roma sells Zaniolo to a 3rd club.

• I SiR MartY I
    AlexSolm wrote: »

I wouldn't say Zaniolo is our best prospect, he's very good but Vecchi and Samaden both said Xian Emmers is the one with the brightest future and it looks like we put our foot down to keep him and Pinamonti (who I assume we'll sell with a buy-back clause), Zaniolo also had a discipline issue that kept him out of the squad in April.

AlexSolm wrote: »

I have heard Spalletti doesn't want Emmers to go but I think Zaniolo is a much better player, at least right now. He is a huge loss but like I said Inter a youth players don't go well together, its better he goes elsewhere and finds his feet. I just wish we had a buy back clause and not a sell on clause.

He will be a special player for Roma.
This discussion has been closed.