The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.
------------------
Note: The SBCs issue has been resolved, details posted on this thread in a tweet from FIFA Direct Communication.

►►► Serie A Lounge 2017-18 ◄◄◄ | Congrats to Lights, our Prediction League winner!

Comments

• LoboNobo
    6438 posts Big Money Move
    Joao Mario has said he's very keen on leaving Inter.

Who wouldn't be hehe
  • Alemas_2012
    16242 posts World Class
    LoboNobo wrote: »
    Joao Mario has said he's very keen on leaving Inter.

Who wouldn't be hehe

Hey, at least they have Champions League now.
    That's something.
  • Alemas_2012
    16242 posts World Class
    How the hell did Kalinic get called up?
  • I SiR MartY I
    5673 posts Big Money Move
    CFCHenri wrote: »
    And we're looking to renew Candreva's contract :disappointed:

When a 19 year old comes to a new country, barely plays all season then comes into your role and out performs you, you know you're a has-been.

Candreva needs to be sold ASAP, won't get out of the CL groups or push for top 4 again with people like him in the team.
  • Alemas_2012
    16242 posts World Class

When a 19 year old comes to a new country, barely plays all season then comes into your role and out performs you, you know you're a has-been.

Candreva needs to be sold ASAP, won't get out of the CL groups or push for top 4 again with people like him in the team.

Who would want him, though?
  • I SiR MartY I
    5673 posts Big Money Move

Who would want him, though?

Sassuolo since Berardi isn't progressing at all
    Samp like to buy trash
    Torino could use him to rotate with Falque
    Bologna if Verdi gets bought

Plenty of teams, its just the price might be a problem.
  • Alemas_2012
    16242 posts World Class
    edited June 2018
    Given how TOTS will end this week, I didn't pack anything, and I bought two TOTS players anyway...
    ...decided to blow my remaining 62k on WC packs.
    Got Neymar, Thiago, Iniesta, Pique, Ter Stegen, Leno, and Dani Alves.
    Opened the equivalent packs in normal FUT... nothing.
    Pack weights in the WC mode are quite odd...
    Also decided I won't bother with Squad Battles or normal FUT anymore, after well over 1000 matches, I think that's more than enough. :joy:
    Will sell my OTW Bernardeschi and SIF Higuain after TOTS, and blow the resulting money on WC packs again.
    WC mode could still be fun.
  • HBK1925
    1907 posts Fans' Favourite
    I finally won my first DKT. Yay
  • Alemas_2012
    16242 posts World Class
    This Italy-Netherlands friendly.
    ERvt7xT.jpg
    Am I right, @MiIan?
  • Alemas_2012
    16242 posts World Class
    Zaza scoring and Criscito getting a red card right after kick-off.
    Italy for you.
  • LoboNobo
    Given how TOTS will end this week, I didn't pack anything, and I bought two TOTS players anyway...
    Also decided I won't bother with Squad Battles or normal FUT anymore, after well over 1000 matches, I think that's more than enough. :joy:
    Will sell my OTW Bernardeschi and SIF Higuain after TOTS, and blow the resulting money on WC packs again.

I must have opened around 30 WC packs + upgrades. Best players: Courtois x2, T. Silva, Miranda, James. Followed by the likes of Koscielny, Perisic or Kimmich. Not awful, but was expecting more judging from other people's reactions here and on reddit...

Oh well, still won the World Cup with my average squad, beating all sorts of icons, Messis and Ronaldos on the way. Time for some fun stuff. Currently trying out Mandzukic and Fellaini for crosses. Have to say though, this WC mode is such a let down...

Also, knowing you @Alemas_2012 , you will be playing offline tourney anyway :joy:
  • Alemas_2012
    16242 posts World Class

I must have opened around 30 WC packs + upgrades. Best players: Courtois x2, T. Silva, Miranda, James. Followed by the likes of Koscielny, Perisic or Kimmich. Not awful, but was expecting more judging from other people's reactions here and on reddit...

Oh well, still won the World Cup with my average squad, beating all sorts of icons, Messis and Ronaldos on the way. Time for some fun stuff. Currently trying out Mandzukic and Fellaini for crosses. Have to say though, this WC mode is such a let down...

Also, knowing you Alemas_2012 , you will be playing offline tourney anyway :joy:

Nah, I'll attempt winning the tournament at Legendary first and see whether it gives me any extra rewards. If not, guess I'll try online. :D
    The thing about playing offline in FUT is that it develops a vicious cycle. With Squad Battles giving you decent rewards, you tend to spend your time playing those four games a day. However, if you have uni, or a job, or you don't have much free time for FIFA, then it's the only thing you can do with FUT. So you play those games and get those rewards thinking "in the end I'll beat all those scrubs with all the players I got due to those rewards", but you don't have time to play online, so you postpone it... and you got to play those four SB matches again, and you don't have time for much else, and the cycle repeats itself.
    Though it could be more of a mentality thing. I have the most stacked team I ever had in FUT, an almost full-IF team with two TOTS, and I still can't bring myself to play online 'cause you never know whether you're actually going to win or not due to... the EA gods. I get more satisfaction playing offline 'cause MOST of the time (not always) you feel as if the game is in your hands. There are exceptions, sometimes the EA gods control the match even there, but it happens far less often than in online. It's actually more enjoyable than online.
    All that said, EA should really implement two different records, one for online and one for offline... Currently I can't possibly show off my record with a straight face. :D
  • Alemas_2012
    16242 posts World Class
    edited June 2018
    Oh for God's sake.
    The Italian Supercup will be played for the next three years in Saudi Arabia, meaning the matches will take place in January.
    Also means the current Supercup final will be played in January next year.
    Must be the only league in Europe that does this. :D
    But hey, at least both teams will earn... 3 million.
    Can't even buy you a Rincon with that money.
  • LoboNobo

Also, knowing you Alemas_2012 , you will be playing offline tourney anyway :joy:

Nah, I'll attempt winning the tournament at Legendary first and see whether it gives me any extra rewards. If not, guess I'll try online. :D
    The thing about playing offline in FUT is that it develops a vicious cycle. With Squad Battles giving you decent rewards, you tend to spend your time playing those four games a day. However, if you have uni, or a job, or you don't have much free time for FIFA, then it's the only thing you can do with FUT. So you play those games and get those rewards thinking "in the end I'll beat all those scrubs with all the players I got due to those rewards", but you don't have time to play online, so you postpone it... and you got to play those four SB matches again, and you don't have time for much else, and the cycle repeats itself.
    Though it could be more of a mentality thing. I have the most stacked team I ever had in FUT, an almost full-IF team with two TOTS, and I still can't bring myself to play online 'cause you never know whether you're actually going to win or not due to... the EA gods. I get more satisfaction playing offline 'cause MOST of the time (not always) you feel as if the game is in your hands. There are exceptions, sometimes the EA gods control the match even there, but it happens far less often than in online. It's actually more enjoyable than online.
    All that said, EA should really implement two different records, one for online and one for offline... Currently I can't possibly show off my record with a straight face. :D

Skill > Team
    Instead of farming squad battles, you should just stick to playing online with worse players. Besides, there are plenty of viable cheap NIFs, even in Serie A, like Parolo, J. Lukaku, Papu Gomez... So what that you'll lose some games. That's the only way to get better. And then there's WL, where having standard NIF team will allow you to get auto-qualification every week, once you get there.

Do that in FIFA 19
  • Alemas_2012
    16242 posts World Class

Skill > Team
    Instead of farming squad battles, you should just stick to playing online with worse players. Besides, there are plenty of viable cheap NIFs, even in Serie A, like Parolo, J. Lukaku, Papu Gomez... So what that you'll lose some games. That's the only way to get better. And then there's WL, where having standard NIF team will allow you to get auto-qualification every week, once you get there.

Do that in FIFA 19

...I'm already in Division 2 in Seasons. :joy:
    But it was such a chore getting there, and it is such a chore staying in that division, that it's not worth it.
    Plus, it's full of full IF teams anyway.
    And let me tell you that I always normally end up in Divisions 2/1, so I'm not that big of a scrub, it's just this FIFA I couldn't really be bothered with it.
    Forget about WL, the horror stories about it put me off right away. :D
  • Alemas_2012
    16242 posts World Class
    Congratulations on getting Lichtsteiner, @Pughy30, expect corners galore from his million crosses that bounce off the first man.
    Oh, and really stupid yellow cards.
  • Pughy30
    26484 posts Player of the Year
    Congratulations on getting Lichtsteiner, @Pughy30, expect corners galore from his million crosses that bounce off the first man.

Not the ideal signing but can't complain, Lichtsteiner will look like prime Cafu compared to the donkey Bellerin
  • Alemas_2012
    16242 posts World Class
    Pughy30 wrote: »
    Congratulations on getting Lichtsteiner, Pughy30, expect corners galore from his million crosses that bounce off the first man.

Not the ideal signing but can't complain, Lichtsteiner will look like prime Cafu compared to the donkey Bellerin

Oh don't you worry, he has his donkey moments.
    Like completely missing the ball from a simple pass under no pressure and conceding a throw-in.
    Could be a prime source of sarcastic "waheys" from the opposition fans. :D
  • LoboNobo

Oh you should be complaining. He's ****.
  • Alemas_2012
    16242 posts World Class

Oh you should be complaining. He's ****.

Yeah actually, Lichtsteiner will be like the FIFA WC 2018 mode.
    Even if it's free, it'll still make you feel like you got ripped off.
  • Alemas_2012
    16242 posts World Class
    @Pughy30, prepare to use this meme quite often.
    5Owj2YH.jpg
  • Alemas_2012
    16242 posts World Class
    edited June 2018
    Last post on Lichtsteiner, @Pughy30.
    Forgot to mention that he has horrible judgement of inswinging crosses (i.e. right-foot cross from the left, left-foot cross from the right).
    We conceded I don't know how many goals because of him getting the trajectory of the ball wrong.
    In his last couple of years for us he became more of a liability than an asset.
    Don't tell me you haven't been warned if he messes up! :D
  • Pughy30
    26484 posts Player of the Year
    All these negative things you told me and i still think I'd rather him be our starter i hate Bellerin that much :joy:
  • Alemas_2012
    16242 posts World Class
    All these negative things you told me and i still think I'd rather him be our starter i hate Bellerin that much :joy:

Hey, at least Bellerin's fast. :joy:
    But Lichtsteiner could teach him a very effective trick...
    ...knock the ball past the opponent, go around him, and beat him with speed.
    That's his only real dribbling skill.
    Effective 7 years ago, not so much now.
    Though Bellerin could make use of it...
  • VolpeDiFuoco_10
    3347 posts National Call-Up
    No respect for Lichtsteiner either?

Fans these days. He was one of the best RBs we ever had.
  • Alemas_2012
    16242 posts World Class

Key word there.
  • Alemas_2012
    16242 posts World Class
    edited June 2018
    Dear God.
    The EA gods smiled at me.
    I just wanted to finish Division 2 with 4 matches remaining, just to get some coins to spend on WC packs.
    ...I ended up promoted to Division 1 after beating a full TOTS team after coming from 2-0 behind with a stoppage-time winner.
    What the hell. My opponent was the one who got EA'd for once.
    And now I'm qualified for the first time ever in FIFA 18 for WL, great. :joy:
  • Alemas_2012
    16242 posts World Class
    So apparently Malcom from Bordeaux wants to join Inter... but Bordeaux are asking 50 million for him.
    And neither Rafinha nor Cancelo are likely to stay.
  • LoboNobo

I respect him a lot, and I wish him all the best.
    But you can't ignore the fact that he's been absolutely woeful last two years.
  • VolpeDiFuoco_10
    3347 posts National Call-Up

I respect him a lot, and I wish him all the best.
    But you can't ignore the fact that he's been absolutely woeful last two years.

Okay glad there is respect.

Well he is 34 and past his prime.
This discussion has been closed.