We are aware of an issue with FUT Crashing for Virgin media users & we are working on this. Apologies for the inconvenience this is causing. We have a thread discussing it here.

Having a "fitness team"

BuffonJuve93
1175 posts Professional
Since FIFA 10 I've always had at least one team I consider my "main one", and a secondary team that plays quite decently too (and sometimes, even better than the first team). But on FUT Champions it's not really just possible to afford to have a "weaker team", for which I sold all my stuff and got myself only one team that is very good, without fitness team- being forced to buy fitness cards every two games or so.

Even though the saying goes: "Don't put all your eggs in the same basket", it seems like sometimes it works as long as you keep good care of your basket!

What are your thoughts? Do you find it more cost effective to have two teams, or better just one? Do "first teams" really play better for you?

Comments

• Smudge
    4717 posts National Call-Up
    I personally think they should take fitness depletion out of FUT Champs and everyone should be playing with their best XI every game
  • Santiago
    21531 posts Club Captain
    I use just one and the reason is that the game is too competitive nowadays to have 2 teams.

In WL I want to get as high as possible so I don't feel like playing with a worse team just to up the fitness on my main one. Rather buy a fitness card then
  • Otis
    3495 posts National Call-Up
    Smudge wrote: »
    I personally think they should take fitness depletion out of FUT Champs and everyone should be playing with their best XI every game

That would be silly to just remove it from one game mode though.
  • Kai9623
    6808 posts Big Money Move
    If u can afford fitness cards just fo with one team. I normally have 2 at the start of the game just to save fitness
  • Sted79
    484 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Fifa is the fastest way to pass time
    45 mins- 6 mins
    Players should respond lol
  • Hitman_Hatton
    14382 posts Has That Special Something
    Sted79 wrote: »
    Fifa is the fastest way to pass time
    45 mins- 6 mins
    Players should respond lol

Eh?
  • Olleman
    13327 posts Has That Special Something

100% Agree. But would like it even more if they took fitness out completely!
  • Icosa_Gaming
    6803 posts Big Money Move
    Full Pace team with bronze bench. No need for a fitness squad
  • Diggy
    14095 posts Has That Special Something
    edited August 2017
    Remove fitness loss & associated consumables, infact remove all consumables

1. We don't want them in packs
    2. Would lighten the load on the servers

I do understand that consumables can keep inflation under control but I would still like them all gone
  • LeonidasJB
    15028 posts World Class
    edited August 2017
    I have 20 teams. Play with whichever team takes my fancy.
    Yeah, I like to win, but I don't take it that seriously that I have to use a Mega OP or Super Squad to play WL with.
    Sometimes I will use my 'best' teams and sometimes i will use 1 or 2 of my other squads just because i fancy playing with them instead.
  • LeonidasJB
    15028 posts World Class
    Full Pace team with bronze bench. No need for a fitness squad

:mask:
  • SGLT
    6228 posts Big Money Move
    I've got 2 teams that I just rotate between when I'm playing wl
  • AlexM1218
    715 posts Semi-Pro
    All year I just used one main squad, but around May I realized there were plenty of USA special cards, decided to make a USMNT fitness squad. Gotten the best possible US team now and I much prefer it to my 189 rated main squad :D
  • matriquetra
    221 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited August 2017
    OP have you tried the bronze pack method? The 1.5k pack atm seems to yield at least one team fitness per pack with most having something sellable in them... been coasting along using that since switching to one main team. Probably spend around 10k per weekend league and make that back in games played. Could probably make a lil profit too if I had a bit more patience searching through all of bronze cards in my club too :blush:

Edit: just realised... buffon :open_mouth:
    Another blast from the past! Hope your well bud
  • CornishLad
    24001 posts Club Captain

100% FUT Champs isn't worth it if you have 2 teams and only get like silver 3/2. You'll end up spending more on quad fitness cards than you'd make (unless you get a ridiculous pull)
  • Hitman_Hatton
    14382 posts Has That Special Something
    CornishLad wrote: »

100% FUT Champs isn't worth it if you have 2 teams and only get like silver 3/2. You'll end up spending more on quad fitness cards than you'd make (unless you get a ridiculous pull)

Surely you mean only one team? (If you have two then you won't be spending on fitness cards)
  • CornishLad
    24001 posts Club Captain
    CornishLad wrote: »

Surely you mean only one team? (If you have two then you won't be spending on fitness cards)

Oh yeah :joy::joy: Don't mind me
  • D3ATHSQUAD
    2984 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 2017
    I always create my squads in sets of two with one being the bench/subs for the other one.

Currently rolling with six teams:
    • Premier League stud team (Ibra, Son, Eriksen, Pogba, etc... ) paired with Bundy Brazil
    • Bundy Brazil (Three DKT in Pulisic, Marquinhos, Rudy along with Thiago Silva, Ederson and Bundesliga) paired with Premier League studs
    --
    • English Bronze Team with four TOTS players paired with German/Dutch bronze team
    • German/Dutch bronze team with Emre Mor and a mix of Netherlands and German bronze paired with English Bronze
    --
    • Futties team with all the Premier League Futties players paired with Brazil team
    • Brazil team with SBC Jonas, FUT Champs reward Costa and TOTS Brazil guys paired with Futties team
    --
    That being said I agree with the previous posters that the bronze pack method can get you all the fitness cards you need at no cost.

• coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain
    Only until around xmas.
  • BuffonJuve93
    1175 posts Professional

That would be great,
    OP have you tried the bronze pack method? The 1.5k pack atm seems to yield at least one team fitness per pack with most having something sellable in them... been coasting along using that since switching to one main team. Probably spend around 10k per weekend league and make that back in games played. Could probably make a lil profit too if I had a bit more patience searching through all of bronze cards in my club too :blush:

OMG i forgot about those packs!

Matri!!
  • matriquetra
    221 posts Has Potential To Be Special

That would be great,

Matri!!

Still got you on my FL I think bud. May have to look you up for a few games during the week ... provided I can get to gold 3 :lol:
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26366 posts Player of the Year
    I had 1 team all year, but I made a fitness team out of my untradeables and my red cards last week. Doesn't really matter tbh both methods are fine.
  • CeeQue
    12127 posts Has That Special Something
    I always use 2 squads. But now both my main and fitness are about even. With the TOTS packs I amassed an armada of squad fitness cards. So i tend to use 1 squad every 4/5 games.
  • BuffonJuve93
    1175 posts Professional

That would be great,

Matri!!

Still got you on my FL I think bud. May have to look you up for a few games during the week ... provided I can get to gold 3 :lol:

I only just finished, gold 3, not so bad given the first 10 games were with terrible teams
  • AreGrande
    764 posts Semi-Pro
    Congrats on the 100th topic on this issue. My fitness team is a 92-rated untradeable team, much fun to play with.
  • Yusuf11
    1909 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited August 2017
    In my second team i have 3 untradeable players
    Eoae Lahm Boateng Chiellini Red Sandro
    EOAE Alonso tots Isco futties Florenzi
    85 Dembele 91 Torres tots Insigne

Even still i use my first team only the WL cos how much i trust them vs the 2nd team
  • Betrus
    1190 posts Professional
    I have 4 squads. I always use a "fitness team". My 2 main teams are quite equal.
  • P
    7738 posts League Winner
    I have a basically full untradeable fitness team that I use once every 3 games. CBA with fitness cards, especially at this point when they are a bit pricey. At the start of the game I tend to use one team especially in WL.
  • yerwaltz
    4078 posts National Call-Up
    I have been thinking about making one lately, mainly because whenever I make a big purchase or upgrade and run out of coins, it makes it very hard to play with just one team. I had to make some tweaks this last WL cuz I ran outta coin after doing the Dybala SBC.

I found I save more coin by using single fitness cards on 5 or so players, after every other game, instead of using squad cards at 1400 +. I switch from my CMs and attackers to using cards on my Defenders and such every other game. Try to squeeze more games outta my CBs before using cards on them.

I think a good question OP, would be to ask at what point do you apply a fitness card to your main team. I cant let my players get below 85 at all, but usually I don't even let them get that low lol, like 90 is were I start looking to use a card on them.

In WL, players get more gassed than in seasons so I feel its pretty important. I don't see why we have those +40 fitness cards, who actually lets them get that low?!

Man if I had the remainder fitness saved from cards, I would never have to buy them again.
  • Recardo
    9097 posts League Winner
    fitness literally ruins fifa for me.