OT: You know what is really upsetting?

yerwaltz
4078 posts National Call-Up
To see a pregnant woman, and I mean pregnant, smoke a cigarette. Shame on you lady. That poor unborn child does not deserve that. It should be a crime IMO.

So, that's what's really upsetting guys, just wanted to let the world know.

Comments

• CornishLad
    24800 posts Player of the Year
    I agree tbh
  • Carswell
    8566 posts League Winner
    Maybe she wasn't pregnant and was just a fat ❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • LeonidasJB
    22576 posts Club Captain
    Disgusting.
    1 thing I really hate seeing is animal cruelty.
    Obviously human cruelty is disgusting as well.

But it really upsets when an animal gets mistreated, especially seriously mistreated.
  • o0OainavO0o
    2613 posts Fans' Favourite
    yeah, sickening
  • Knowlesdinho
    15133 posts World Class
    There was something in the uk about offering shopping vouchers to women to incentivise stopping smoking during pregnancy.

Generally the women who smoke during pregnancy are scummy mummy's, that being said, I've seen plenty of people from a better social standing doing it too.
  • MisterJV
    10774 posts Has That Special Something
  • BrentfordFC
    13514 posts Has That Special Something
    Yeah and you've never tried drugs , alcohol etc right?
  • Knowlesdinho
    15133 posts World Class
    MisterJV wrote: »

This is over a year old.
  • krakos000
    18105 posts World Class

Yeah it's different when it's a PREGNANT lady...
  • MisterJV
    10774 posts Has That Special Something
    @Knowlesdinho still upsetting. non the less.
  • BrentfordFC
    krakos000 wrote: »

Trying drugs is different? It's not wrong ?

A female is advised not to smoke. It's not a legal requirement. If I advised you to not eat fruit cos it can cause issues would you listen to me?
  • Knowlesdinho
    15133 posts World Class

I think the point is that if you want to ruin your own life with things then that's fine, but when it's an unborn child then you should think twice. There are babies born that go through withdrawal because of the substances the mother has taken. Then the unseen damage that comes after.
  • BrentfordFC

I think the point is that if you want to ruin your own life with things then that's fine, but when it's an unborn child then you should think twice. There are babies born that go through withdrawal because of the substances the mother has taken. Then the unseen damage that comes after.

I know people who haven't smoked or had a drink through pregnancy and it still brings out issues with the kid. It's not just blamed on people smoking :joy:
  • Knowlesdinho
    15133 posts World Class
    @Knowlesdinho still upsetting. non the less.

Yeah I get that. I think the letterhead saying "Knowledge is Power" makes it seem even more totalitarian.
  • Knowlesdinho
    15133 posts World Class

I know people who haven't smoked or had a drink through pregnancy and it still brings out issues with the kid. It's not just blamed on people smoking :joy:

Of course...I know people who have smoked 40 a day and have lived past 90 so it's not always the case that bad things kill people.

A child born with withdrawal symptoms due to drugs is dangerous and sad, but more importantly it can be avoided.
  • KingLionel10
    16561 posts World Class
    My missus smoked during both her pregnancies and both my kids were and are healthy.
  • HolgerBadstuber
    5212 posts Big Money Move

Oh god. Muh evil Tories :lol:
  • BrentfordFC

Of course...I know people who have smoked 40 a day and have lived past 90 so it's not always the case that bad things kill people.

A child born with withdrawal symptoms due to drugs is dangerous and sad, but more importantly it can be avoided.

I agree. I'm not saying that it's right for a woman to smoke during pregnancy. Just saying calling them scum of the earth for it isn't justified when there's multiple people out there doing much worse and people make out they are saviours
  • BrentfordFC
    My missus smoked during both her pregnancies and both my kids were and are healthy.

Be careful mert. You'll get shut down for that. It's child abuse :trollface:
  • Knowlesdinho
    15133 posts World Class
    edited August 2017

I agree. I'm not saying that it's right for a woman to smoke during pregnancy. Just saying calling them scum of the earth for it isn't justified when there's multiple people out there doing much worse and people make out they are saviours

I think you misunderstood me. I never said they were all scum of the earth. I said scummy mummy's, meaning that it is more likely that a certain type of person is likely to be seen doing this. Your Vicky Pollard type, if you've ever seen little Britain.

If you want a laugh YouTube scummy mummy from balls of steel. It kind of makes the point.
  • maymanpele
    14520 posts Has That Special Something
    yerwaltz wrote: »
    To see a pregnant woman, and I mean pregnant, smoke a cigarette. Shame on you lady. That poor unborn child does not deserve that. It should be a crime IMO.

So, that's what's really upsetting guys, just wanted to let the world know.

Crazy thing is, about half of the people in the U.S. probably wouldn't care.

I am glad to see there are still people who care for unborn children.
  • IDARYL
    5778 posts Big Money Move

A female is advised not to smoke. It's not a legal requirement. If I advised you to not eat fruit cos it can cause issues would you listen to me?

wow, are you actually trying drugs right now ? lol Are you telling me if you had a girlfriend who was pregnant you wouldn't mind her smoking
  • Libguy
    5380 posts Big Money Move
    Eh, me, and I'm sure a lot of the older guys on the forum, come from a time when everybody smoked and pregnant women smoked too. What surprises me is how casual people are about drinking while pregnant these days. I understand that a woman can have the occasional glass of wine and the kid will be fine, but that really seems like a slippery slope that should be avoided. Drinking can REALLY mess up a kid before they are born.
  • Denisianes
    8153 posts League Winner
    edited August 2017
    IDARYL wrote: »

wow, are you actually trying drugs right now ? lol Are you telling me if you had a girlfriend who was pregnant you wouldn't mind her smoking

He sounds like he would be fine with her even doing coke :joy:
  • BrentfordFC

I think you misunderstood me. I never said they were all scum of the earth. I said scummy mummy's, meaning that it is more likely that a certain type of person is likely to be seen doing this. Your Vicky Pollard type, if you've ever seen little Britain.

If you want a laugh YouTube scummy mummy from balls of steel. It kind of makes the point.

Now you're stereotyping women who smoke while pregnant as someone like vicky pollard ? Little harsh
  • BrentfordFC

Didn't say I wouldn't mind her doing it :joy:

I was arguing the fact that everyone is free to do what they like. So why judge?
  • BrentfordFC
    Denisianes wrote: »

He sounds like he would be fine with her even doing coke :joy:

Since when did I defend people taking drugs? :joy:
  • Knowlesdinho
    15133 posts World Class

Now you're stereotyping women who smoke while pregnant as someone like vicky pollard ? Little harsh

Again wrong, I indicated in my original statement that I've seen people from all walks of life do it.

The fact is that around town in the daytime, you are more likely to see a pregnant Vicky Pollard type smoking. That doesn't mean that I think that others don't do it.
  • Eddie Jones
    3322 posts National Call-Up
    I agree with pregnant people smoking. Equally disturbing to me is seeing people smoke in their car with kids in it. Like it can't wait Til the kids are not around.
  • BrentfordFC

Again wrong, I indicated in my original statement that I've seen people from all walks of life do it.

The fact is that around town in the daytime, you are more likely to see a pregnant Vicky Pollard type smoking. That doesn't mean that I think that others don't do it.

Most likely to be a vicky pollard character. Is degrading all mothers who wear a tracksuit, are on benefits or seem like a chav ?

Mert you rather was born with a silver spoon in your mouth or you've never lived on a council estate. As I have said before judging someone is the issue.
This discussion has been closed.