What will your fifa 18 FUT squad look like at the start

134
yerwaltz
4078 posts National Call-Up
Just curious to see who everyone plans on going for at the start of '18. Might be too early to say for some, I know once stats are out, that will determine a lot for most, but for me I'll probably get the same la liga squad to start out with, gotta have all my favorites Atletico players again <3 minus Griezmann because I wont be able to afford him until February like this year haha. This was my first UT, so kind of went into it blind this year. Hopefully I'll manage coins better this time round.

Going to keep my current squad in mind though once I get some coin going, has a good amount of variety/hybridness to it ( is that word?)

Whatchu guys thinkin'?

Comments

  • Orison
    75447 posts Icon
    Am I Jesus? How should I know now? :D First I play the beta (if I get the chance) or atleast the demo at gamescom and then a bit later again to see what's OP and then I decide what to get.

    Pace+physical is always solid to start off so guess I will get some random Liga NOS/Russian/Turkish league striker again and then build one or two hybrids.

    Will never forget when I build a starter squad around Eder, Jackson Martinez and Kouyate in Fifa 14 and basically dominated the world with it :D
  • LeonidasJB
    22576 posts Club Captain
    I have no idea!
  • Samuel Eto'o
    19344 posts World Class
    Think I'm gonna give silvers a go at the start again, but they'll lost likely be useless. Not gonna take the game serious at all next year so might just stick to silvers all year if they're half useable tbh.
  • Ryno
    6567 posts Big Money Move
    Might build J-League first if the single player rewards are good and build up some coinage so I can make a team for WL
  • yerwaltz
    4078 posts National Call-Up
    lol I guess i'm just too partial to my favorite players haha. Don't really try to go for the OPness so to speak.
  • EddieFicio
    22917 posts Club Captain
    Ronaldo ronaldo
    Ronaldinho
    Modric pogba
    Kante
    Marcelo luiz azpi walker
    Courtois

    Ez
  • Santiago
    21531 posts Club Captain
    Depends on my starter pack. Going for a serious RTG this year. Should be fun
  • fluffymnuffy
    12775 posts Has That Special Something
    Musa Iheanacho


    The rest doesn't matter
  • yerwaltz
    4078 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 2017
    Ryno wrote: »
    Might build J-League first if the single player rewards are good and build up some coinage so I can make a team for WL

    There we go! That's kind of what im more or less asking, do you have a particular method early in game with your choice of players? Assuming its based on having the best team but while saving coin for better investments.

    I cant even fathom how much coin I wasted early this year being that I had no idea what I was doing lol.

    I remember quick selling all these packs I had bought with FPs lol just so I could afford a player over 10k so silly

  • LeonidasJB
    22576 posts Club Captain
    All depends on what Golds I pack early.
    Selling no players at all to start and will build my club up depending on any early SBC cards available.
  • yerwaltz
    4078 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 2017
    LeonidasJB wrote: »
    All depends on what Golds I pack early.
    Selling no players at all to start and will build my club up depending on any early SBC cards available.


    That's a good shout, exactly the opposite I did beginning of this year, I had no idea how much value those cards I didn't use had for sbcs and such
  • Agent VZ
    29162 posts Player of the Year
    Something with the young R9.
  • Orison
    75447 posts Icon
    yerwaltz wrote: »
    LeonidasJB wrote: »
    All depends on what Golds I pack early.
    Selling no players at all to start and will build my club up depending on any early SBC cards available.


    That's a good shout, exactly the opposite I did beginning of this year, I had no idea how much value those cards I didn't use had for sbcs and such

    Won't be holding any golds at the start, rather build a meta team. One Elite finish will get you way more at the start than holding gold cards that have a value anyways no matter if there is an SBC or nah and then get cheaper over time.
  • Sanchezzzz
    5009 posts Big Money Move
    Henry Henry Henry Henry Henry pls
  • Shane
    24161 posts Player of the Year
    Something around George Best if he's going to be in 18.
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    DeGea by the time the game is out. Then some cheapo Spanish/LaLiga players around it.
  • Shane
    24161 posts Player of the Year
    Agent VZ wrote: »
    Something with the young R9.

    Which one is that? The lowest rated or the other one? I'll be eager to try some of the new legends but can see them being pretty overpriced at the start.
  • maymanpele
    14520 posts Has That Special Something
    Starter pack until Christmas
  • yerwaltz
    4078 posts National Call-Up
    maymanpele wrote: »
    Starter pack until Christmas

    brutal!
  • LeonidasJB
    22576 posts Club Captain
    Orison wrote: »
    yerwaltz wrote: »
    LeonidasJB wrote: »
    All depends on what Golds I pack early.
    Selling no players at all to start and will build my club up depending on any early SBC cards available.


    That's a good shout, exactly the opposite I did beginning of this year, I had no idea how much value those cards I didn't use had for sbcs and such

    Won't be holding any golds at the start, rather build a meta team. One Elite finish will get you way more at the start than holding gold cards that have a value anyways no matter if there is an SBC or nah and then get cheaper over time.

    Yeah. But with Marquee Matchups, sudden SBCs because of MLS MVP or OTW SBC or some other random SBC.

    I enjoyed using different cards and stuff that I may not have used.
    It is not all about making some OP team and going all :sweat: in WL for everybody.
    I will use the best players I pack and hopefully qualify early enough and stay in WL for at least Gold rewards each wk/month.
    I suppose if I thought I was good enough to hit Elite at least every Wk/month I may try harder(no pun intended) to get it. I think Gold is my limit though, so no point getting all stressed trying.
  • Agent VZ
    29162 posts Player of the Year
    Shane wrote: »
    Agent VZ wrote: »
    Something with the young R9.

    Which one is that? The lowest rated or the other one? I'll be eager to try some of the new legends but can see them being pretty overpriced at the start.

    Yeah when he's a kid.. Will be expensive but nothing close to the madrid card.. Just gotta get some version of him in asap!
  • Libguy
    5380 posts Big Money Move
    I just throw money at the screen until I have Ronaldo.
  • LeonidasJB
    22576 posts Club Captain
    Agent VZ wrote: »
    Shane wrote: »
    Agent VZ wrote: »
    Something with the young R9.

    Which one is that? The lowest rated or the other one? I'll be eager to try some of the new legends but can see them being pretty overpriced at the start.

    Yeah when he's a kid.. Will be expensive but nothing close to the madrid card.. Just gotta get some version of him in asap!

    The dream R9 in FUT, coming to an Agent VZ squad near you soon! Please avoid at all costs, he will tear you a new one!!!
  • Agent VZ
    29162 posts Player of the Year
    edited August 2017
    LeonidasJB wrote: »
    Agent VZ wrote: »
    Shane wrote: »
    Agent VZ wrote: »
    Something with the young R9.

    Which one is that? The lowest rated or the other one? I'll be eager to try some of the new legends but can see them being pretty overpriced at the start.

    Yeah when he's a kid.. Will be expensive but nothing close to the madrid card.. Just gotta get some version of him in asap!

    The dream R9 in FUT, coming to an Agent VZ squad near you soon! Please avoid at all costs, he will tear you a new one!!!

    Haha it's the only reason I'm bothering with 18.. My absolute favourite player growing up.. :p If zizou comes im gonna be in wonderland now lol.
  • maymanpele
    14520 posts Has That Special Something
    EA is creaming their panties reading this thread. Everyone will have nom loan R9 packed by October apparently.
  • Orison
    75447 posts Icon
    edited August 2017
    LeonidasJB wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    yerwaltz wrote: »
    LeonidasJB wrote: »
    All depends on what Golds I pack early.
    Selling no players at all to start and will build my club up depending on any early SBC cards available.


    That's a good shout, exactly the opposite I did beginning of this year, I had no idea how much value those cards I didn't use had for sbcs and such

    Won't be holding any golds at the start, rather build a meta team. One Elite finish will get you way more at the start than holding gold cards that have a value anyways no matter if there is an SBC or nah and then get cheaper over time.

    Yeah. But with Marquee Matchups, sudden SBCs because of MLS MVP or OTW SBC or some other random SBC.

    I enjoyed using different cards and stuff that I may not have used.
    It is not all about making some OP team and going all :sweat: in WL for everybody.
    I will use the best players I pack and hopefully qualify early enough and stay in WL for at least Gold rewards each wk/month.
    I suppose if I thought I was good enough to hit Elite at least every Wk/month I may try harder(no pun intended) to get it. I think Gold is my limit though, so no point getting all stressed trying.

    Last year I started like 50-0 when the WL wasn't on for the first 2 weeks or whatever it was, then I went on a 2 week holiday (basically without internet or anything), came back, qualified for the WL and got absolutely rekt, because everyone already had coins from 2 WLs and I still had my 10k starter squad :D Will go full meta for the first few weeks and then chill a bit and start trading and abusing the weekly swings. Imo at the start WL makes you more than trading as long as your budget is low. But I also think I wasted millions this year by putting all my coins into my swuad week in and week out, trading could have made me rich way easier and way faster.

    So smash through divs, build up some coins->don't go on holidays, but smash the WL instead->then take it more casual (like 18 wins with a cheaper team, because I sold all the expensive guys during the Thursday/Friday rise) and start trading->then go back all out on WL once I got an absolutely insane meta team with Gullit and friends
  • 1690_Ulster_FC
    4269 posts National Call-Up
    Screenshot_20170804_215409.png

    Something like that the first few days and I'm happy.
  • LeonidasJB
    22576 posts Club Captain
    Orison wrote: »
    LeonidasJB wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    yerwaltz wrote: »
    LeonidasJB wrote: »
    All depends on what Golds I pack early.
    Selling no players at all to start and will build my club up depending on any early SBC cards available.


    That's a good shout, exactly the opposite I did beginning of this year, I had no idea how much value those cards I didn't use had for sbcs and such

    Won't be holding any golds at the start, rather build a meta team. One Elite finish will get you way more at the start than holding gold cards that have a value anyways no matter if there is an SBC or nah and then get cheaper over time.

    Yeah. But with Marquee Matchups, sudden SBCs because of MLS MVP or OTW SBC or some other random SBC.

    I enjoyed using different cards and stuff that I may not have used.
    It is not all about making some OP team and going all :sweat: in WL for everybody.
    I will use the best players I pack and hopefully qualify early enough and stay in WL for at least Gold rewards each wk/month.
    I suppose if I thought I was good enough to hit Elite at least every Wk/month I may try harder(no pun intended) to get it. I think Gold is my limit though, so no point getting all stressed trying.

    Last week I started like 50-0 when the WL wasn't on for the first 2 weeks or whatever it was, then I went on a 2 week holiday (basically without internet or anything), came back, qualified for the WL and got absolutely rekt, because everyone already had coins from 2 WLs and I still had my 10k starter squad :D Will go full meta for the first few weeks and then chill a bit and start trading and abusing the weekly swings. Imo at the start WL makes you more than trading as long as your budget is low. But I also think I wasted millions this year by putting all my coins into my swuad week in and week out, trading could have made me rich way easier and way faster.

    So smash through divs, build up some coins->don't go on holidays, but smash the WL instead->then take it more casual (like 18 wins with a cheaper team, because I sold all the expensive guys during the Thursday/Friday rise) and start trading->then go back all out on WL once I got an absolutely insane meta team with Gullit and friends

    Smart tactics.
    I'll just be happy with qualifying for WL and staying in it, build a pool of players up, amass coins from rewards and seasons, and trade a bit on the side, mainly just opportunist trading.
    All plans get thrown out of window if I pack a Legend (Icon), or a super-duper card like CR7/Messi...... So basically will stick to plan above.
  • yerwaltz
    4078 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 2017
    LeonidasJB wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    LeonidasJB wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    yerwaltz wrote: »
    LeonidasJB wrote: »
    All depends on what Golds I pack early.
    Selling no players at all to start and will build my club up depending on any early SBC cards available.


    That's a good shout, exactly the opposite I did beginning of this year, I had no idea how much value those cards I didn't use had for sbcs and such

    Won't be holding any golds at the start, rather build a meta team. One Elite finish will get you way more at the start than holding gold cards that have a value anyways no matter if there is an SBC or nah and then get cheaper over time.

    Yeah. But with Marquee Matchups, sudden SBCs because of MLS MVP or OTW SBC or some other random SBC.

    I enjoyed using different cards and stuff that I may not have used.
    It is not all about making some OP team and going all :sweat: in WL for everybody.
    I will use the best players I pack and hopefully qualify early enough and stay in WL for at least Gold rewards each wk/month.
    I suppose if I thought I was good enough to hit Elite at least every Wk/month I may try harder(no pun intended) to get it. I think Gold is my limit though, so no point getting all stressed trying.

    Last week I started like 50-0 when the WL wasn't on for the first 2 weeks or whatever it was, then I went on a 2 week holiday (basically without internet or anything), came back, qualified for the WL and got absolutely rekt, because everyone already had coins from 2 WLs and I still had my 10k starter squad :D Will go full meta for the first few weeks and then chill a bit and start trading and abusing the weekly swings. Imo at the start WL makes you more than trading as long as your budget is low. But I also think I wasted millions this year by putting all my coins into my swuad week in and week out, trading could have made me rich way easier and way faster.

    So smash through divs, build up some coins->don't go on holidays, but smash the WL instead->then take it more casual (like 18 wins with a cheaper team, because I sold all the expensive guys during the Thursday/Friday rise) and start trading->then go back all out on WL once I got an absolutely insane meta team with Gullit and friends

    Smart tactics.
    I'll just be happy with qualifying for WL and staying in it, build a pool of players up, amass coins from rewards and seasons, and trade a bit on the side, mainly just opportunist trading.
    All plans get thrown out of window if I pack a Legend (Icon), or a super-duper card like CR7/Messi...... So basically will stick to plan above.

    Lol same here man, I'll just be happy if I can qualify etc. Feel better going into '18 though at this point, wont get rekt for months before I pick up on things lol

    And yea if I could just pack anything worth while i'll be stoked!

  • Xmrburnzo
    686 posts An Exciting Prospect
    anyone reckon CR7 might get a ST card this year?
Sign In or Register to comment.