The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

SBC Luiz VS SBC Gerrard

trandaffir
632 posts Sunday League Hero
I want to get SBC Luiz and I don't really like Gerrard as a CDM. I really need a good CDM and Luiz seems to be working just fine. Anyone has both of them? Should I use Gerrard in the SBC to get Luiz? as I have no use of him anymore.

Comments

• Diego19
    611 posts Sunday League Hero
    Luiz is alot better
  • Kai9623
    6808 posts Big Money Move
    For CDM get Luiz
  • COACH
    20494 posts Club Captain
    Kai9623 wrote: »
    For CDM get Luiz

What if it was for LCM @Kai9623
  • Kai9623
    COACH wrote: »
    For CDM get Luiz

LCM Gerrard
    CDM Luiz
  • COACH
    20494 posts Club Captain
    For CDM get Luiz

LCM Gerrard
    CDM Luiz

That's what I was thinking...i guess I'll just get pink dembele for LCM then
  • simmarjit
    516 posts Sunday League Hero
    Pretty disappointed with Luiz, he feels slow despite having 80+ pace ..LOL
  • COACH
    20494 posts Club Captain
    simmarjit wrote: »

@simmarjit

Really? Stamina drains fast too?
  • Neymessi
    13058 posts Has That Special Something
    Luiz is fantastic
  • COACH
    20494 posts Club Captain
    Neymessi wrote: »
    Luiz is fantastic

@Neymessi

You play him at CDM right? I would use him at LCM or maybe even at CB on 7 chem...would that work?
  • Ian_Ando08
    8809 posts League Winner
    simmarjit wrote: »

must be using a different luiz to me im using him at CB and he is very fast ...even on 7 chem
  • Neymessi
    13058 posts Has That Special Something
    Neymessi wrote: »
    Luiz is fantastic

@Neymessi

You play him at CDM right? I would use him at LCM or maybe even at CB on 7 chem...would that work?

I wouldn't use him at cb, but he is very good going forward for me so LCM should work
  • trandaffir
    632 posts Sunday League Hero
    I got Luiz. He's amazing at CM/CDM
  • Argie8
    6080 posts Big Money Move
    They're both great. Play them together ffs
  • maymanpele
    14389 posts Has That Special Something
    How much is luiz from scratch?
  • MikeyP_FC
    13561 posts Has That Special Something
    maymanpele wrote: »

lol didn't you quit this game in like October :D

Futbin says 220ish you Neymar loving Bundesliga fan. https://www.futbin.com/squad-building-challenges/ALL/403
  • maymanpele
    14389 posts Has That Special Something
    MikeyP_FC wrote: »
    maymanpele wrote: »

lol didn't you quit this game in like October :D

Futbin says 220ish you Neymar loving Bundesliga fan. https://www.futbin.com/squad-building-challenges/ALL/403

I did, and literally just downloaded it a few weeks ago lol

I love fifa at the end of the year. So many cards and so cheap
  • Agent VZ
    29162 posts Player of the Year
    I have the tots Luiz whose much better than the sbc and I could never imagine playing him over Gerrard in midfield especially at wide cm..
  • Libguy
    5177 posts Big Money Move
    Agent VZ wrote: »
    I have the tots Luiz whose much better than the sbc and I could never imagine playing him over Gerrard in midfield especially at wide cm..

Nah, pretty much exactly the same assuming you're playing TOTS on 7 chem. Though I guess you could formation switch from a 3atb and play the TOTS in the midfield on 10 chem.
  • Agent VZ
    29162 posts Player of the Year
    Libguy wrote: »
    Agent VZ wrote: »

Nah, pretty much exactly the same assuming you're playing TOTS on 7 chem. Though I guess you could formation switch from a 3atb and play the TOTS in the midfield on 10 chem.

Yeah I'v messed about and switched him and my cdm in game.. Eventhough he's much better than the sbc I could never use him over the cms available now in August.. Cdm is still ok wide cm not a chance..
  • RedArmyDoof
    1371 posts Professional
    Played someone who had SBC Luiz.
    Are his long shots a thing coz man, he kept trying, and trying and trying to score a long shot with Luiz.
    I know he has high LS and SP but low finishing, so just wondering
  • VICTAAAA
    11007 posts Has That Special Something
    Are his long shots a thing coz man, he kept trying, and trying and trying to score a long shot with Luiz.

There was an official EA explanation to IG stats a few years ago (I'll see if I can find it). But along shot rating pretain to shooting outside the box. Finishing only pertains to shots wthin. So LS and SP are what matter when shooting from distance, not finishing.
  • RedArmyDoof
    1371 posts Professional
    VICTAAAA wrote: »

There was an official EA explanation to IG stats a few years ago (I'll see if I can find it). But along shot rating pretain to shooting outside the box. Finishing only pertains to shots wthin. So LS and SP are what matter when shooting from distance, not finishing.

And i now get to know this near end of game :cry:
    Been considering finishing for long shots all game as i thought it mattered :sweat:
  • Kai9623
    Have tried both now. Depends on what you want your players to be good at really. Luiz is a stud defensively and not as good on the attack. Gerrard is the other way round.
  • VICTAAAA
    edited August 2017

Been considering finishing for long shots all game as i thought it mattered :sweat:

@RedArmyDoof
    Official release from EA from FIFA 12. I doubt much about each of these stats have changed.

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/news/the-backpage-fifa-12-attributes-guide

Edit: hey @EA_Andy can I please put in a request to the dev team to just update the page above? It's a rather important guide IMO and would be great if more of the community knew/had this resource. The guide above has a lot of great info (like how balance and agility plays a role in how a player feels at speed). If all things are still the same just put a 18 stamp on it and we'll be good to go (although, we want a definiative answer for what composure does IG).
  • RedArmyDoof
    1371 posts Professional

@RedArmyDoof
    Official release from EA from FIFA 12. I doubt much about each of these stats have changed.

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/news/the-backpage-fifa-12-attributes-guide

Edit: hey @EA_Andy can I please put in a request to the dev team to just update the page above? It's a rather important guide IMO and would be great if more of the community knew/had this resource. The guide above has a lot of great info (like how balance and agility plays a role in how a player feels at speed). If all things are still the same just put a 18 stamp on it and we'll be good to go (although, we want a definiative answer for what composure does IG).

Ahh, cheers man.
    I started FIFA on FIFA 12 but never really saw that article.
    Something to work with on team selection for me in 18. :smiley:
  • Cadey 5
    10923 posts Has That Special Something
    Scored two long shots with Luiz on debut one with his right one with his left B)
  • Daveofwales01
    8390 posts League Winner
    Best chem style for Luiz at cdm? Not sure what he need a most, thanks
  • VICTAAAA
    Luiz is a better CF :lol:
    7aC9RbJ.jpg

BpEUlvJ.gif
  • Shaqattack6285
    966 posts Professional
    edited August 2017
    This is my exact dilemma, gerrard wasnt even a consideration till i realised i could do him for 10k

Luiz i can do for 30k

I usually start a 4312 but switch to 4231 to shut games so luiz will come in handy as a sub...but so will gerrard to potentially score thise long shots

So confused....i dont really like 41212

If you had 1 choice who would it be? Is gerrard clunky??

On pure in game stats gerrars beats luiz hollow ok everything bar defensive stats..but dislike unagile players who have low balance.

Help!
  • VerdePride
    3240 posts National Call-Up
    Traded all my SBC players and cost me 50k very worth it