FUT Champs - The best thing FIFA have created

DanSmith89
400 posts Sunday League Hero
I think FUT Champions is the best thing that has happened to FIFA tbh. It is fun to play competitively and test yourself against the best players. Personally, I am never able to get even close to playing 40 matches and often don't get to play it all over the weekend, but it is definitely the most enjoyable experience on the game.

The issue is people saying that they get 'stressed' playing the game. I really don't understand this, it is just a video game so there is no need to believe it is life and death, chill out.

I have no issue with people doing all that they can to win the game, people forget that this has always happened and has been the case in seasons matches before the beginning of FUT Champs this year.

I will also address the lag as this is bound to come up, yes this is an issue and needs to be fixed. Although, I don't really experience that much lag tbh in FUT Champs, so can't say that its a massive problem for me.

Comments

• Colin32
    1320 posts Professional
    I completely agree with you. I love playing fut champs to. I dont understand all the negative reactions about it to.
    I can only understand the complaints about lag. I always have a great connection during fut champs, but I can understand it really must suck when you don't. But further, it is a great mode imo. Maybe to much matches since I never make it to 40, most of the time 20-25, but on the otherside, they are rewarding those who play a lot.
    Great gamemode imo.
  • chevano
    248 posts Sunday League Hero
    lag isue is probably has also a lot to do with how you play the game, i like to defend myself and do very quick passing attacks and then often switches go wrong and also passing is bad.
    If you let the cpu do all the work then its probably a minor thing, but for me and i guess for a lot of others its a complete breaker of the game.

And also the randomness of who has isue with it, because sometimes i see my opponent has same isue as me but mine is playing reasonable to good, and also depends on which time you play prefer playing time is deep in the night (eu) but i like to sleep at that time
  • AlnapaDiggler
    443 posts Sunday League Hero
    I enjoy it but 40 games is a chore for me, I lose all social life when I play 40 games.

The stress element is where you lose games you know you shouldn't and that is frustration but we all win games we should not however we forget that when chasing the next reward tier.
  • Whitebeard
    3383 posts National Call-Up
    I sorta agree. The idea is great, but the execution is terrible, mainly due to months of lag I suffered.That's not fun however you turn it.
  • Dazza3113
    3224 posts National Call-Up
    Personally I think SBCs was the best thing they've done this year
  • DanSmith89
    Losing a match isn't stressful, sure it is annoying, nobody plays to lose.

But when I lose to a last minute goal or whatever, I am frustrated for a few minutes but then get over it. I think its about being a more adult and not actlng like a child.
  • I think FUT champs is a great addition but people get mad because of what they generally associate with FUT champs, sweaty try hards, same teams, same formation, same style of play, park the bus, using exploits. At this time of the year we always look back on FIFA and want something patched or nerfed because the community exploit one mechanic literally every year.
  • DanSmith89
    i don't get how someone can be perceived as a try hard through their gameplay?
    Everyone tries hard to win obviously. Personally, I think something bad is switching formations at kick off, that literally has nothing to do with skill and is exploiting a mechanism in the game. It is annoying to play against coz it wastes time - that is a try hard.

People jus copy the pro's init and do the thing that gives them the best chance of winning. What they fail to realise is what gives them the best chance of winning games on FIFA is simple. Being good at the game.
  • DanSmith89 wrote: »
    Everyone tries hard to win obviously. Personally, I think something bad is switching formations at kick off, that literally has nothing to do with skill and is exploiting a mechanism in the game. It is annoying to play against coz it wastes time - that is a try hard.

People jus copy the pro's init and do the thing that gives them the best chance of winning. What they fail to realise is what gives them the best chance of winning games on FIFA is simple. Being good at the game.

They play like Leicester when they won the league. I get mad because I know what they are going to do but sometimes you can't stop it because of the mechanics of the game, for instance trying to switch to a defender but it doesn't do it quick enough and then they get that last ditch shot off which slides under your GK. Everybody wants to win obviously but sometimes I sit there and question whether they are actually enjoying it if they play like this.
  • DanSmith89
    DanSmith89 wrote: »

They play like Leicester when they won the league. I get mad because I know what they are going to do but sometimes you can't stop it because of the mechanics of the game, for instance trying to switch to a defender but it doesn't do it quick enough and then they get that last ditch shot off which slides under your GK. Everybody wants to win obviously but sometimes I sit there and question whether they are actually enjoying it if they play like this.

what you have described here isn't actually anything to do with the opposition player.
  • LiamSully
    6064 posts Big Money Move
    Dazza3113 wrote: »

• KeepItUp
    1295 posts Professional

• FootyFootyFootball
    2678 posts Fans' Favourite
    Fantastic concept, completely agree that this is their best input in to the game. Obviously apart from the indoor five a side phase they went through, I'd have that back in a heartbeat.

It's the new generation of players that ruin it a bit for me. The constant attempts to wind you up at every moment of the game. 90% of the time it is more a rolling of the eyes reaction than actual anger, but still sucks the fun out of it a bit.
  • RandomLhama83
    10092 posts Has That Special Something
    yes, its so great playing ppl in fut champs when they pause the game every 2 seconds. its fun being in the menus and staring at the lineups.
  • PelzyWelzy
    9478 posts League Winner
    Enjoyable experience?

We must be playing a different game :joy:
  • Dazza3113

I perceive a "try hard" as someone who will do anything to win a game of fifa:

- Expertly set up CTs copied from YouTube so that you have to think 3 transitions in front just to get a handle in the game

- pausing from min 1 to switch formations and play your pacey wingers up front in a 41212

- over use of face up dribble - remember this only works if your opponent is pressuring you, I actually love it as it gives me time to get my team behind the ball

- watching every replay, cut scene and celebration in the hope that it winds up your opponent enough for him to play more aggressive and allow your little counter attack set CT to work

For me winning is not that important, as I achieve gold 3 almost every WL I play without playing anywhere near the 40 games, this rank is achieved without doing any of the above, which is why I ridicule the players that do it.

If the person actually messaged me telling me how desperate they were for the win I'd probably score an own goal and quit, that's how little importance a win means to me
  • Diggy
    13633 posts Has That Special Something
    Nope FIFA WC 98 is the best thing they created
  • Dazza3113

I perceive a "try hard" as someone who will do anything to win a game of fifa:

- Expertly set up CTs copied from YouTube so that you have to think 3 transitions in front just to get a handle in the game

- pausing from min 1 to switch formations and play your pacey wingers up front in a 41212

- over use of face up dribble - remember this only works if your opponent is pressuring you, I actually love it as it gives me time to get my team behind the ball

- watching every replay, cut scene and celebration in the hope that it winds up your opponent enough for him to play more aggressive and allow your little counter attack set CT to work

For me winning is not that important, as I achieve gold 3 almost every WL I play without playing anywhere near the 40 games, this rank is achieved without doing any of the above, which is why I ridicule the players that do it.

If the person actually messaged me telling me how desperate they were for the win I'd probably score an own goal and quit, that's how little importance a win means to me

The only thing I value is my time and these try hards waste it trying every exploit in the book... but believe me I will not change the way I'm playing because you dabbed me ffs
  • alex1987
    5534 posts Big Money Move
    I'd love it if there was a fix to the chemistry after changing formations during a match.
    Some way to get the chemistry back from 10 to whatever, 6 if they're out of position.
    Other than that, yes I agree it is one of the best features they have come up with.
  • Thefranchise92
    3727 posts National Call-Up
    I think the stress is induced by a few things.

Lucky gameplay - tackling someone several times and the ball staying with them

Lucky bounces - read above

Insane keepers - no need to explain

Laggy gameplay - whether it's disconnects or speed up or normal lag this is annoying when I go into a 4 to 5 bar green stable connection and concede a goal during lag against an opponent you dominated or are similar skill level to that wouldn't have scored otherwise

Rewarding of negative tactics - the ai has helped people really park the bus, shield, foul, double tackle, at the beginning play 10 - 0 tactics

Finding ages to play a game - kits, team name etc can scare people off making the experience longer

I could go on
  • Bevan
    1745 posts Play-Off Hero

+1
  • Nokesy28
    709 posts Semi-Pro
    Personally don't see the big deal about SBCs, in my opinion it's a con to spend all your coins on unreadable players that when you get bored of rot in your club
  • Grifan
    1230 posts Professional
    edited August 2017
    Wl is a good idea but it's really brought out the sheer grind in people , honestly you can go 10 games in a row where the opponent sits behind the ball and you've to sit n pass around hopeing for a defensive mistake (this is a gameplay issue also) then theirs the first min subs and tactic Change that has you wait around a whole lot especially as u progress through the ranks, I'd honestly love wl if the matches were less, the player instructions were scrapped..so everyone had a even playing field and they completely scrapped chem.
  • Bevan
    1745 posts Play-Off Hero
    Nokesy28 wrote: »
    Personally don't see the big deal about SBCs, in my opinion it's a con to spend all your coins on unreadable players that when you get bored of rot in your club

Or the other way around - players that you'd usually not be able to afford and have to make use of - in turn, finding out they're awesome.
  • FootyFootyFootball
    2678 posts Fans' Favourite

• Flamstead
    2848 posts Fans' Favourite
    Bevan wrote: »

Or the other way around - players that you'd usually not be able to afford and have to make use of - in turn, finding out they're awesome.

Or the fact that non rare gold players held value throughout the season due to SBC's pushing prices up and making packs not completely worthless.
  • Stickybelly
    2666 posts Fans' Favourite
    Personally i think FUT champions is a very good concept, a competitive game mode where the better players can compete for prizes etc.

However playing this game mode is a complete lottery based on connections and where you live as to whether or not you can compete. This is an absolute joke for a company like this, a competitive game mode needs consistency to the gameplay and a level playing field for both players, sadly this is not happening. Those of you who have no complaints and don't know what i am talking about you are lucky. I personally cannot play it properly. The dedicated servers just don't work for me. My players are slow and laboured and cannot turn or move properly and i have a huge delay. So sure the concept is very good, but the execution of this game mode with the servers makes it a joke as far as i'm concerned.
  • Currieman
    4953 posts National Call-Up
    I really like the WL. I am super competitive so it's a great game mode for me and I love trying to beat my PB.

I wouldn't say that I get stressed by the mode. I sometimes get annoyed by the BS and stuff but then other times I just laugh at how ridiculous the goals are.
  • Bevan
    1745 posts Play-Off Hero
    Bevan wrote: »

Or the fact that non rare gold players held value throughout the season due to SBC's pushing prices up and making packs not completely worthless.

At this time of year, yeah. But from the beginning onwards there were huge rewards, I've more or less got a Full BBVA/Bundes hybrid of untradeable TOTS players just from getting lucky in SBC's. I've easily put about 2/3 mil into SBC's, but have come out with 8-10 mil worth of players.
  • TubAShet
    1400 posts Professional
    FUT champs and fun are two words that should be NOWHERE near eachother