PC Build

ManTrain
3000 posts National Call-Up
So I'm a pretty big novice when it comes to PCs but I'm looking to build my first one. Would be used mostly for gaming and streaming. Looking to spend between 1200-1500.

So far my friends and I have built out something like this... just looking for advice/suggestions from more experienced PC people.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/vGq3Yr

Comments

• Recardo
    10098 posts Has That Special Something
    personally i would get the i5 and over clock it. then use extra cash to try get a 1080.

but its looks pretty solid.
  • ManTrain
    Recardo wrote: »
    personally i would get the i5 and over clock it. then use extra cash to try get a 1080.

Is the 1080 really worth it for gaming though? Playing stuff like CSGO and LoL mostly.
  • Fab
    19737 posts Club Captain
    ManTrain wrote: »

Is the 1080 really worth it for gaming though? Playing stuff like CSGO and LoL mostly.

Then both your cpu and gpu are a massive overkill
  • ManTrain
    Fab wrote: »

Indeed they are, but should I want to do something more intensive I don't want to have to worry about upgrading so I'm willing to splurge a little bit now.
  • Azof
    20562 posts Club Captain
    Fab wrote: »

Indeed they are, but should I want to do something more intensive I don't want to have to worry about upgrading so I'm willing to splurge a little bit now.

1070 is more than fine, 7600k will be more than fine no need to go for the i7
  • Yoshi
    3963 posts National Call-Up
    imagine if you had spent 15 grand on fifa points
  • ManTrain
    Yoshi wrote: »

Hadn't*
  • ManTrain
    @Recardo if I went with i5 and over clock you think liquid cooling is necessary or nah?
  • Yoshi
    3963 posts National Call-Up
    Yoshi wrote: »

Hadn't*

fu*
  • Azof
    20562 posts Club Captain
    @Recardo if I went with i5 and over clock you think liquid cooling is necessary or nah?

No an aircooler is more than fine for some overclocking, if you found it wasnt enough an H100i would have you covered without doing a custom loop
  • ManTrain
    Azof wrote: »

No an aircooler is more than fine for some overclocking, if you found it wasnt enough an H100i would have you covered without doing a custom loop

Cheers.
  • JDukes96
    405 posts Sunday League Hero
    I'm just like you, wanting to build a PC this fall but only looking to spend $800 max (I'm a college student and I'm using my refund to build it). I also mostly play LoL, but am trying to fully switch all the games I play on console to PC (Overwatch, COD, etc) and obviously delve into some new games that'll look awesome on my new PC. I really really really wish EA would do something to make FUT playable on PC (I've heard it's full of cheaters) because if it was, I'd cancel my Xbox live gold membership in a heartbeat :/
  • ManTrain
    JDukes96 wrote: »
    I'm just like you, wanting to build a PC this fall but only looking to spend $800 max (I'm a college student and I'm using my refund to build it). I also mostly play LoL, but am trying to fully switch all the games I play on console to PC (Overwatch, COD, etc) and obviously delve into some new games that'll look awesome on my new PC. I really really really wish EA would do something to make FUT playable on PC (I've heard it's full of cheaters) because if it was, I'd cancel my Xbox live gold membership in a heartbeat :/

unfortunately I think I'm done with Fifa. Will eventually move to Destiny 2 and other games I have been wanting to try.
  • JDukes96
    405 posts Sunday League Hero
    JDukes96 wrote: »

unfortunately I think I'm done with Fifa. Will eventually move to Destiny 2 and other games I have been wanting to try.

That's commendable. You'll be less stressed that's for sure haha. But I've play ultimate team since FIFA 12, stopped playing FIFA like 2 weeks into FIFA 16, then got 17 when it came out and loved it until about December when I just couldn't take it anymore. Picked it back up about 2 months ago and have been having a love hate relationship with it since then. I'm always a sucker for a new FIFA. The grind and excitement of building a new club is the best part for sure.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    35722 posts World Cup Winner
    Your build is perfectly fine. There's not a big enough difference between the 1070 and the 1080. Honestly unless you're running 4K you'd even be fine with a 980.

Like @Azof said a air cooled is more than fine, but a h100i is good as well if you want to go liquid cooled for the CPU specifically. I run the h100i v2 on my PC and it's fantastic and quiet.
  • ManTrain
    edited August 2017
    Did a bit of tweaking to get the price down and I'm 99% sure I'm gonna go with this. Thanks for input fellas

It's actually coming in at about $1300 assuming my local micro center has a few of the parts in stock.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MxPfTH
  • Recardo
    10098 posts Has That Special Something
    i have an i5 clocked to 4.3 with h90 water cooling and a 1070. its awesome. But i think as long as you get a decent cooler it doesnt matter. air or water.

Did a bit of tweaking to get the price down and I'm 99% sure I'm gonna go with this. Thanks for input fellas

It's actually coming in at about $1300 assuming my local micro center has a few of the parts in stock.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MxPfTH

that looks a really nice build