Anyone played on both Xbox one and PS4?

IffyMoney
4027 posts National Call-Up
Decided to make the switch from PS4 to xbox one at the start of 17 as i had both and wanted to give legends a try....but i really don't like the controller or the console, as it feels so so much slower than the PS4.....

Just the dashboard is as laggy as hell!

Wanting to come back to PS4 for 18...Has anyone on here played 17 on both and felt any difference?

Comments

• Retro_G
    29094 posts Player of the Year
    Yeah plays smoother on Xbox, when your connection is good. You can buy a device called a Cronus Max, if you want to use an Xbox controller on PS4.

I'm personally switching back to the Xbox, picking up an Xbox One X on release. Recently bought a 4K OLED TV, want to take advantage of the increased power in the new Xbox.
  • sounders3
    4492 posts National Call-Up
    Pretty sure @JigglySte has played on both this year
  • JigglySte
    3269 posts National Call-Up
    I've played both for a lot of games on both.
  • IffyMoney
    JigglySte wrote: »

Any difference?

I'm currently in the top 100 in games played on the Xbox one.....the console just feels so so sluggish compared to my ps4 which is annoying me.
  • JigglySte
    IffyMoney wrote: »

Any difference?

I'm currently in the top 100 in games played on the Xbox one.....the console just feels so so sluggish compared to my ps4 which is annoying me.

Xbox is much worse than the PlayStation. The gameplay is so much slower on Xbox, ps when it's good, it's amazing. Xbox, you never have good gameplay mate, i also experienced a lot of delay etc on the Xbox where as I have none on the PS
  • i2-TempZ-2i
    6372 posts Big Money Move
    Played XBOX at the start of fifa and then around 2months in i moved over to PS4, much better experience tbh less lag, smoother gameplay and market is much healthier compared
  • IffyMoney

Any difference?

Xbox is much worse than the PlayStation. The gameplay is so much slower on Xbox, ps when it's good, it's amazing. Xbox, you never have good gameplay mate, i also experienced a lot of delay etc on the Xbox where as I have none on the PS

Any difference?

Any difference?

Sounds promising.

I mean i've made over 10 top 100's on Xbox one, so i'm not just some guy complaining about something imaginary, but the delay i get is unreal.

It's so bad for me on Fut champs, that i could be playing Tass or a guy from Silver 3.....and the game would feel exactly the same.

I know the skill gap is pretty low, but every game feels as though i can only create like 5 shots whether i'm playing a pro or a guy who has only qualified for his first WL.

I'm borrowing my buddies account tomorrow for a week to test it on ps4 so hopefully in seems much better.
  • JigglySte

Any difference?

Any difference?

Any difference?

Sounds promising.

I mean i've made over 10 top 100's on Xbox one, so i'm not just some guy complaining about something imaginary, but the delay i get is unreal.

It's so bad for me on Fut champs, that i could be playing Tass or a guy from Silver 3.....and the game would feel exactly the same.

I know the skill gap is pretty low, but every game feels as though i can only create like 5 shots whether i'm playing a pro or a guy who has only qualified for his first WL.

I'm borrowing my buddies account tomorrow for a week to test it on ps4 so hopefully in seems much better.

It's much better, believe you me. You will not regret it
  • RoosGianni
    3251 posts National Call-Up
    Played on both.

Xbox has worse gameplay and connection. Opponents are harder (maybe it's because of the bad gameplay)

Won div 1 Xbox 1 after 4 attempts.
    Went almost unbeaten from div10 to div1 title first try on PS4.

PS4 is way better. But I have to say, the gameplay isn't the best this weekend though.
  • Ishibum
    12396 posts Has That Special Something
    Played on both (though only offline on office Xbox).

I will agree with the Xbox dashboard feeling laggy. The PS joypad do feel a bit better for fifa too as well.
  • Retro_G

Any difference?

Any difference?

Any difference?

Sounds promising.

Don't you've disconnects on ps4?
  • JigglySte
    edited July 2017
    Retro_G wrote: »

Any difference?

Any difference?

Any difference?

Sounds promising.

Yeah mate, very few. Had 1 this week and one last week. I'd rather have a DC here and there than play very slow, sluggish gameplay week in week out
  • Retro_G
    edited July 2017
    Retro_G wrote: »

Any difference?

Any difference?

Any difference?

Sounds promising.

Yeah mate, very few. Had 1 this week and one last week. I'd rather have a DC here and there than play very slow, sluggish gameplay week in week out

I never disconnect, my connection is quality. From my experience, xbox plays smoother while your connection is stable. PS4 plays better on an unstable connection.

Edits: hmm, that avoided the filter. Better change. :D
  • MikeyP_FC
    12983 posts Has That Special Something
    RoosGianni wrote: »
    Played on both.

Xbox has worse gameplay and connection. Opponents are harder (maybe it's because of the bad gameplay)

PS4 is way better. But I have to say, the gameplay isn't the best this weekend though.

I've seen a fair number of people say this @RoosGianni

Is it pretty much confirmed average opponent easier on PS4? More players?
  • sounders3
    4492 posts National Call-Up
    MikeyP_FC wrote: »
    Played on both.

Many more players on PS4, not even close
  • Hitman_Hatton
    14382 posts Has That Special Something
    sounders3 wrote: »
    Played on both.

Yep, many more players

Just need to look at the market as an example - thursday night (after rewards) we had close to 3m items.

Xbox was barely reaching 1m in my last few weeks on that platform.
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    14394 posts Has That Special Something
    PS is much better and this is coming from a Xbox fanboy.
  • Retro_G
    Played on both.

Yep, many more players

Just need to look at the market as an example - thursday night (after rewards) we had close to 3m items.

That's true, PS4 has been dominating Xbox in the sales department in every European region apart from the UK. Take Spain for instance, the majority of that country are on PS4.

Depending on your location, you could be more likely to have high ping games against distant countries on PS4. I find games against UK opponents a lot more frequent on Xbox, that's why my online experience is better. Now if you lived in Spain/Germany, you would find more low ping games on PS4.
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    14394 posts Has That Special Something
    Played on both.

Yep, many more players

add the icons/legends to ps4 next year, i can see a lot of xbox players switching over. its going to be insane imo
  • IffyMoney
    Played about 8 games.

What did i learn straight away?

1) Every season game, even in div 10 (Where i imagine the player pool is pretty limited now) was on a 5 bar green connection.

2) Gameplay can be defined as 'Silk'. It's just so consistent compared to xbox.

3) Menus are far far less laggy, it's ridiculous tbh.
  • Hitman_Hatton
    14382 posts Has That Special Something
    Played on both.

Yep, many more players

add the icons/legends to ps4 next year, i can see a lot of xbox players switching over. its going to be insane imo

Quite a few from the xbcc have already moved over, with others that will be following.
  • Fab
    17821 posts World Class
    welcome to the masterrace iffybro
  • IffyMoney
    @Fab @Hitman_Hatton

Top 100 with a 30k team next WL?

:trollface:

Seriously though, i got lag and delay every single game on the Xbox, whether fut champs or Seasons.

This seems perfect so far.