Is Weekend League meant to be region locked?

Michael LFC 96
3711 posts National Call-Up
Noticing I'm coming up against non European GT's every game and the lag Ian driving me insane. I'm almost certain I'm in Europe (voted remain) so why was my last game against someone situated in Egypt?

It's bollocks man, reason why I'll never consider WL competitive because there is no competition when it's matching me with a **** Sphinx ya get me

Comments

• DoctorJoe19
    1028 posts Professional
    edited July 2017
    Immigrants stealing the WiFi, that's the problem. Lol, the I voted remain part wasn't necessary.
  • EddieFicio
    20633 posts Club Captain
    edited July 2017
    Im NA and ive played lots of EU people over the year in WL so my guess is no
  • Michael LFC 96
    Immigrants stealing the WiFi, that's the problem. Lol, the I voted remain part wasn't necessary. We are still part of Europe even when we leave the eu

Am joking Doc
  • DoctorJoe19
    1028 posts Professional
    Immigrants stealing the WiFi, that's the problem. Lol, the I voted remain part wasn't necessary. We are still part of Europe even when we leave the eu

Am joking Doc

No worries, hope connections issues get better. Don't be afraid to contact ea chat every now and again for disconnections. Delete your mac address and perform a hard reset using the brick is good for ur xbox and they will give you a couple of premium gold packs which are some good sbc fillers particularly for futties voting. Saves some coins
  • Orison
    46339 posts FIFA Cover Star
    If you lag in the WL then it's down to your connection, not your opponent's location.

I played against MSDOssary (ROTW champion) a few weeks ago and me and @EddieFicio backed out on each other so I guess it searches in your region first, but overall it's not locked. The games are fine as long as your connection to the server is fine tho.
  • Michael LFC 96
    Orison wrote: »
    If you lag in the WL then it's down to your connection, not your opponent's location.

I played against MSDOssary (ROTW champion) a few weeks ago and me and @EddieFicio backed out on each other so I guess it searches in your region first, but overall it's not locked. The games are fine as long as your connection to the server is fine tho.

But when I'm playing Siege (probably not a concrete example) I'm almost always having the lowest ping each game ranging 58-61, FIFA is the only game I consistently lag on
  • BrentfordFC
    11139 posts Has That Special Something
    Bennn99 wrote: »
    Immigrants stealing the WiFi, that's the problem. Lol, the I voted remain part wasn't necessary.

First they take our jobs, now they're taking over our servers. I'm sick of it.

Brexit means Brexit.

Shots fired :trollface:
  • MeanOnSunday
    1523 posts Play-Off Hero
    The servers for Middle East and Asia have been f'd for months now with disconnections every second or third game. Lately a lot of people there have been reporting that when they run a trace they are now being connected to servers in Europe. So it seems like EA is "fixing" the disconnection problem by moving load to EU servers where there will be horrible lag instead.

Obviously it makes no sense for them to deliberately play in EU region which is the most competitive.